Jet Airways 737-800 best Y seat

Old Nov 14, 17, 9:38 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Programs: LH: SEN, BA: Gold, Starwood: Plat
Posts: 9
Jet Airways 737-800 best Y seat

Hi! I'm soon traveling in Y on a 9W 737 (12 Premier seat version) from India to Thailand. As I'm tall I wonder which seat in Y to select:

- First row 10 (looks like some more space)
- Exit row 24 (looks spacious too)

(9W website seatmap shows row 22 and 23 as exit row; online seat selection shows 23 and 24--a bit confusing).

Many thanks for any advice!
tintin100 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 17, 9:42 am
  #2  
A2A
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BASilver, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattExplorist, EYGold, AI
Posts: 2,214
take row 24
tintin100 likes this.
A2A is offline  
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:49 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: around the bend
Posts: 272
Row 10 is not a bad bet. As much legroom as an emergency exit row, and you don't have to sit through the emergency briefing! Also, less chance of them running out of meal options (if you haven't pre-ordered a special meal), and you're in and out of the plane quicker.
L_D_M is offline  
Old Nov 15, 17, 6:13 am
  #4  
A2A
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BASilver, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattExplorist, EYGold, AI
Posts: 2,214
Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
Row 10 is not a bad bet. As much legroom as an emergency exit row, and you don't have to sit through the emergency briefing! Also, less chance of them running out of meal options (if you haven't pre-ordered a special meal), and you're in and out of the plane quicker.
but the seats are constrained with hard armrests which cannot be lifted as compared to the emergency exit. Also, space is lesser than row 24 not equal
A2A is offline  
Old Nov 15, 17, 1:40 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Programs: LH: SEN, BA: Gold, Starwood: Plat
Posts: 9
Dear friends—many thanks for your great insights! Very helpful.
tintin100 is offline  
Old Nov 15, 17, 11:44 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
but the seats are constrained with hard armrests which cannot be lifted as compared to the emergency exit. Also, space is lesser than row 24 not equal
agreed....i hate the hard armrests....i would go with row 24 as well....
Keyser is offline  
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:45 pm
  #7  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 12,779
Originally Posted by tintin100 View Post
(9W website seatmap shows row 22 and 23 as exit row; online seat selection shows 23 and 24--a bit confusing).
My recent domestic flights in the 738 and 739 had rows 23 and 24 as exit rows. I pre booked (and paid) for 23 A and 23 F. The hard arm rests were quite OK. If the view of the ground and Himalayas is important, then row 23 has less obstruction from the engine. I chose the A or F seat based on view opportunities.
og is online now  
Old Nov 29, 17, 1:15 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by og View Post
My recent domestic flights in the 738 and 739 had rows 23 and 24 as exit rows. I pre booked (and paid) for 23 A and 23 F. The hard arm rests were quite OK. If the view of the ground and Himalayas is important, then row 23 has less obstruction from the engine. I chose the A or F seat based on view opportunities.
10 A/F in my opinion is the best.
viraj737 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread