FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways, American Airlines, and CDG Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1876405-jet-airways-american-airlines-cdg-questions.html)

cha777 Nov 7, 2017 6:31 pm

Jet Airways, American Airlines, and CDG Questions

Hello All - I am flying, on an AA issued ticket, from PHL-CDG on AA and CDG-BOM on 9W. Same record locator. My questions:

1. At PHL will AA be able to check my bags all the way to BOM? Their partnership ends on December 31, 2017 but AFAIK they still have baggage service agreements.

2. Will we be able to get checked-in all the way to BOM with boarding passes? We are in Business class on the Jet Airways segment.

3. Is there in fact a transit desk for Jet at CDG? If not, if I'm not checked-in is it worth leaving the transit hall to go to check-in outside of security?

4. I'm American Platinum and an Admiral's Club member. I have the choice of Admirals Club, Cathay Lounge, or Etihad Lounge at CDG. Which would you go to? Looking really for a place to shower (me, my wife, and 2 kids).

Thanks.

Keyser Nov 8, 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by cha777 (Post 29033024)
Hello All - I am flying, on an AA issued ticket, from PHL-CDG on AA and CDG-BOM on 9W. Same record locator. My questions:

1. At PHL will AA be able to check my bags all the way to BOM? Their partnership ends on December 31, 2017 but AFAIK they still have baggage service agreements.

since its on one through ticket you won't have a problem with baggage & it will be checked in all the way to your final destination....

2. Will we be able to get checked-in all the way to BOM with boarding passes? We are in Business class on the Jet Airways segment.

yes....

3. Is there in fact a transit desk for Jet at CDG? If not, if I'm not checked-in is it worth leaving the transit hall to go to check-in outside of security?

not sure if there is a transit desk but you shouldn't have to use it....

do you have a visa in case you need to head out????

4. I'm American Platinum and an Admiral's Club member. I have the choice of Admirals Club, Cathay Lounge, or Etihad Lounge at CDG. Which would you go to? Looking really for a place to shower (me, my wife, and 2 kids).

Thanks.

out of these 3 i have only used the etihad lounge & would definitely recommend it....

L_D_M Nov 8, 2017 10:21 pm

I second the vote for the Etihad lounge, though it has been over a year since I last used it, and with Etihad on their cost-cutting spree, I don't know what the level of service at the lounge is at now.

There isn't a separate Jet transit desk, afaik, but if you get into terminal 2C on the bus from 2A, there's a general assistance desk in the lobby just as you get off, who are usually able to help with queries.

cha777 Nov 9, 2017 3:38 am

Thanks

Thanks for the replies - no visa needed as I am a US Citizen