Wiki Posts
Search

Jet airways Carry on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Jet airways Carry on

I'll be doing a flight from India to SIN. Its only for 3 days, and I'm pretty sure I can pack everything into a carry on. Since carry on is limited to 7KG, I may go over that. Do they weigh the carry ons or should i not risk it and just check it in?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
If you print your boarding pass at home and head straight to security you're good. They do not weight carry ons at the gate.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ewrfox
I'll be doing a flight from India to SIN. Its only for 3 days, and I'm pretty sure I can pack everything into a carry on. Since carry on is limited to 7KG, I may go over that. Do they weigh the carry ons or should i not risk it and just check it in?
unless your carry on looks large & bulky they will not weigh it....
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by Anish
If you print your boarding pass at home and head straight to security you're good. They do not weight carry ons at the gate.
The OP will have to get a boarding card printed from counter as he plans to fly international.

Little chance of anyone weighing carry-on.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Actually they do weigh at check in counters (sometimes ?). Few months ago, I was flying DEL-KTM and had small looking but 11 kg carry on. I had to send it as checked luggage. On return, I put heavy items on my laptop bag and then everything was fine.

And you cannot use self printed BP if you are flying from DEL.

Last edited by lento; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:56 am
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lento
Actually they do weigh at check in counters (sometimes ?). Few months ago, I was flying DEL-KTM and had small looking but 11 kg carry on. I had to send it as checked luggage. On return, I put heavy items on my laptop bag and then everything was fine.
luckily i've never been asked to weigh my carry-on for a 9w flight but i guess they can ask randomly or if they feel the carry-on looks big or heavy....

Originally Posted by lento
And you cannot use self printed BP if you are flying from DEL.
you can use the self check-in kiosk but only for domestic flights....
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: OMNI Platinum
I have no access to print from home. I was thinking of taking taking my cabinmax backpack. My plans have changed and I would have to go Dubai instead. I know Emirates checks carry ons at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.