JP Miles redemption with partner airlines

Old Oct 22, 17, 4:15 am
Original Poster

JP Miles redemption with partner airlines

I wanted to redeem JP miles for a flight from Berlin to New Delhi with Lufthansa [Lufthansa is partner airlines of Jet airways and JP miles can be used to redeem awards tickets].

I was told that 42000 miles would be needed and along with it, i was asked to pay around 20k as taxes and fees!! In 20K i could have booked a flight on my own and on asking Jet airways said that amount is provided by Lufthansa and they dont have details.

I wanted to check if it is normal to have such high charges when redeeming miles with partner airlines?
Old Oct 22, 17, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
jet have their own weird pricing policies for partner redemption....i have come across a number of occasions where the price quoted by them has either been the same or a little lower than a revenue ticket....
Old Oct 23, 17, 2:44 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
It really depends on the airline and the sectors. Some airlines like ANA are great value for money and some like Lufthansa aren't
Old Oct 24, 17, 5:15 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

taxes shown here are more or similar to what Jet will charge.
Old Nov 6, 17, 9:39 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by lokiez View Post
I wanted to redeem JP miles for a flight from Berlin to New Delhi with Lufthansa [Lufthansa is partner airlines of Jet airways and JP miles can be used to redeem awards tickets].

I was told that 42000 miles would be needed and along with it, i was asked to pay around 20k as taxes and fees!! In 20K i could have booked a flight on my own and on asking Jet airways said that amount is provided by Lufthansa and they dont have details.

I wanted to check if it is normal to have such high charges when redeeming miles with partner airlines?
LH has anyways been a very poor value for redeeming miles since they charge YQ on their award tickets .. try on different airlines flying on that route since even LH will have 1 stopover in FRA/ MUC.

Search this Thread