Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India boarding groups??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Air India boarding groups??

Anyone have an idea how Air India does boarding apart from First/Business etc going first

Is it like most airlines from back of plane to first or anything different?

Thanks for the input
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I'm in India now and just took a domestic AI flight a few days ago. We were in business class so I didn't pay close attention to boarding after that, but I did hear them announcing row numbers for boarding. It seemed to start with the back of the plane and move forward.

For reference, this was an A320 departing from DEL.

Last edited by makavel; Oct 20, 2017 at 10:10 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by apuk
Is it like most airlines from back of plane to first?
sometimes they do but most of the time they don't....it also depends which airport you are flying from....staff at some airports are more particular than others....
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
sometimes they do but most of the time they don't....it also depends which airport you are flying from....staff at some airports are more particular than others....
flying from ny - ewr if that helps resolve the issue thanks
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by apuk
flying from ny - ewr if that helps resolve the issue thanks
it certainly does....they will likely follow the 'boarding from the back of the plane' rule....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.