Flying AI264 MLE-DEL with a stop in TRV

Old Oct 13, 17, 7:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,628
Flying AI264 MLE-DEL with a stop in TRV

I will be flying on AI264 from MLE to DEL in a few months as part of an international itinerary. This flight operates with a 50 min stop in TRV.

Do all passenger need to deplane in TRV? Will I need an Indian visa to take this flight?

Once in DEL, do we stay airside to catch an international flight?
jasdou is offline  
Old Oct 13, 17, 9:04 am
  #2  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 37,116
No. No. Yes.

Just search MLE or TRV in this forum for reports on how this one stop flight works.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 17, 1:17 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
Once in DEL, do we stay airside to catch an international flight?
is your international flight on the same ticket????
Keyser is offline  
Old Oct 16, 17, 8:54 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,628
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
is your international flight on the same ticket????
Yes, all segments are on same ticket.
jasdou is offline  
Old Oct 17, 17, 2:15 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
Yes, all segments are on same ticket.
then you just stay airside....
Keyser is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 11:54 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,628
One more question on this flight. I see that the aircraft code assigned to this flight is 32B, which usually corresponds to an A321. The seat map shows only 3 business class rows though, which doesn't correspond to anything I have seen on SeatGuru or even on the Air India fleet page.

Also, looking at recent flight history, it seems that this flight is currently operated by an A320. Any idea what is going on?
jasdou is offline  
Old Oct 30, 17, 3:35 am
  #7  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: UA Silver | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 76
I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked). You won't find this configuration on SeatGuru. I'm attaching a photo of row 1.

Based on my two recent flights, it looks like AI is increasing the number of flights that have European-style business class rather than true business class.
Attached Images  
makavel is offline  
Old Oct 30, 17, 3:42 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked). You won't find this configuration on SeatGuru. I'm attaching a photo of row 1.

Based on my two recent flights, it looks like AI is increasing the number of flights that have European-style business class rather than true business class.
i posted this last month here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28777215-post254.html

ai should not be pricing this as business class....i would hate to pay a full business class fare & get economy style seating....
Keyser is offline  
Old Oct 30, 17, 7:20 am
  #9  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: UA Silver | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i posted this last month here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28777215-post254.html

ai should not be pricing this as business class....i would hate to pay a full business class fare & get economy style seating....
Thanks so much for that previous post! I actually wrote a reply to that post as well with more info about our recent AI flights. I posted the additional photo because those seats seemed to be more slimline than the seats from your post (I experienced both normal and more slimline seats on AI417 and then AI263).

Thankfully, I saw your post before we flew, so I knew there was a chance we'd be in European-style business class, but still wasn't happy when I got on the plane (especially for DEL-TRV-MLE). You're definitely right that AI should not be pricing this as business class. It's misleading.

Last edited by makavel; Oct 30, 17 at 7:28 am
makavel is offline  
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:08 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,628
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Thanks so much for that previous post! I actually wrote a reply to that post as well with more info about our recent AI flights. I posted the additional photo because those seats seemed to be more slimline than the seats from your post (I experienced both normal and more slimline seats on AI417 and then AI263).

Thankfully, I saw your post before we flew, so I knew there was a chance we'd be in European-style business class, but still wasn't happy when I got on the plane (especially for DEL-TRV-MLE). You're definitely right that AI should not be pricing this as business class. It's misleading.
Argh, this is going to be a painful 5h30 in those seats. AI should really use such seats on 1-2 hours routes, though I do realize MLE-DEL is comprised of two shorter segments. Still, if we don't get off in TRV, it means a lot of time in slimline seats. Had I known this, I probably would have looked at booking a different route.
jasdou is offline  
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:26 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,628
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked).
I just checked again on AI.com and the last row of the Y cabin is row 28 and 3 rows for business class. Weird.
jasdou is offline  
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:41 pm
  #12  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: UA Silver | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
Argh, this is going to be a painful 5h30 in those seats. AI should really use such seats on 1-2 hours routes, though I do realize MLE-DEL is comprised of two shorter segments. Still, if we don't get off in TRV, it means a lot of time in slimline seats. Had I known this, I probably would have looked at booking a different route.
I agree. I assumed it'd be a true business class seat for an international flight, even if it's not that long.

Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
I just checked again on AI.com and the last row of the Y cabin is row 28 and 3 rows for business class. Weird.
Based on my recent flight, that seems to be an all-economy (European-style business class) A320 with non-slimline seats. Keyser posted photos of that configuration here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28777215-post254.html
makavel is offline  
Old Nov 30, 17, 9:45 pm
  #13  
aai
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Recently Air India started flying new A320 neo on this route. So it should have proper business class seats.
makavel and jasdou like this.
aai is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread