Flying AI264 MLE-DEL with a stop in TRV

Old Oct 13, 17, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Flying AI264 MLE-DEL with a stop in TRV

I will be flying on AI264 from MLE to DEL in a few months as part of an international itinerary. This flight operates with a 50 min stop in TRV.

Do all passenger need to deplane in TRV? Will I need an Indian visa to take this flight?

Once in DEL, do we stay airside to catch an international flight?
Old Oct 13, 17, 9:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No. No. Yes.

Just search MLE or TRV in this forum for reports on how this one stop flight works.
Old Oct 14, 17, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
Once in DEL, do we stay airside to catch an international flight?
is your international flight on the same ticket????
Old Oct 16, 17, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
is your international flight on the same ticket????
Yes, all segments are on same ticket.
Old Oct 17, 17, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Yes, all segments are on same ticket.
then you just stay airside....
Old Oct 18, 17, 11:54 am
Original Poster

One more question on this flight. I see that the aircraft code assigned to this flight is 32B, which usually corresponds to an A321. The seat map shows only 3 business class rows though, which doesn't correspond to anything I have seen on SeatGuru or even on the Air India fleet page.

Also, looking at recent flight history, it seems that this flight is currently operated by an A320. Any idea what is going on?
Old Oct 30, 17, 3:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked). You won't find this configuration on SeatGuru. I'm attaching a photo of row 1.

Based on my two recent flights, it looks like AI is increasing the number of flights that have European-style business class rather than true business class.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 17, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makavel View Post
I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked). You won't find this configuration on SeatGuru. I'm attaching a photo of row 1.

Based on my two recent flights, it looks like AI is increasing the number of flights that have European-style business class rather than true business class.
i posted this last month here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28777215-post254.html

ai should not be pricing this as business class....i would hate to pay a full business class fare & get economy style seating....
Old Oct 30, 17, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i posted this last month here:

ai should not be pricing this as business class....i would hate to pay a full business class fare & get economy style seating....
Thanks so much for that previous post! I actually wrote a reply to that post as well with more info about our recent AI flights. I posted the additional photo because those seats seemed to be more slimline than the seats from your post (I experienced both normal and more slimline seats on AI417 and then AI263).

Thankfully, I saw your post before we flew, so I knew there was a chance we'd be in European-style business class, but still wasn't happy when I got on the plane (especially for DEL-TRV-MLE). You're definitely right that AI should not be pricing this as business class. It's misleading.

Last edited by makavel; Oct 30, 17 at 7:28 am
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for that previous post! I actually wrote a reply to that post as well with more info about our recent AI flights. I posted the additional photo because those seats seemed to be more slimline than the seats from your post (I experienced both normal and more slimline seats on AI417 and then AI263).

Thankfully, I saw your post before we flew, so I knew there was a chance we'd be in European-style business class, but still wasn't happy when I got on the plane (especially for DEL-TRV-MLE). You're definitely right that AI should not be pricing this as business class. It's misleading.
Argh, this is going to be a painful 5h30 in those seats. AI should really use such seats on 1-2 hours routes, though I do realize MLE-DEL is comprised of two shorter segments. Still, if we don't get off in TRV, it means a lot of time in slimline seats. Had I known this, I probably would have looked at booking a different route.
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:26 am
Original Poster

I took the reverse flight AI263 (DEL-TRV-MLE) a few days ago. ExpertFlyer showed an aircraft code of 32A. If your seatmap shows 3 rows of business and the last row in economy being row 30, you'll probably have the same setup as we did: slimline seats with 3 rows of European-style business class (economy seats with the middle seat blocked).
I just checked again on AI.com and the last row of the Y cabin is row 28 and 3 rows for business class. Weird.
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Argh, this is going to be a painful 5h30 in those seats. AI should really use such seats on 1-2 hours routes, though I do realize MLE-DEL is comprised of two shorter segments. Still, if we don't get off in TRV, it means a lot of time in slimline seats. Had I known this, I probably would have looked at booking a different route.
I agree. I assumed it'd be a true business class seat for an international flight, even if it's not that long.

I just checked again on AI.com and the last row of the Y cabin is row 28 and 3 rows for business class. Weird.
Based on my recent flight, that seems to be an all-economy (European-style business class) A320 with non-slimline seats. Keyser posted photos of that configuration here:
Old Nov 30, 17, 9:45 pm
aai

Recently Air India started flying new A320 neo on this route. So it should have proper business class seats.
makavel and jasdou like this.

Search this Thread