Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways Sucks - Non-Refundable Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Before you purchase any tickets from Jet Airways, be aware that they have a very strict and inhumane non-refundable policy even if you had a medical condition. Basically, it is use it or lose it. I am not sure if you get your tax $s back. I am complaining to the USDOT and BBB. I hope they change their policy to be at par with most INTL airline.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Sorry you had challenges with Jet Airways, my question would be, what are the T&C's/fare restrictions on the ticket purchased?

Had you known them before or at purchase?

I trust you will be better soon.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I am sorry to say, I haven't seen many airlines who will refund you money on a non-refundable ticket.

This is exactly why you need travel insurance.

I don't see what role USDOT / BBB has to play here.

If you bought the ticket with a US based card, check your card benefits to see if you have some protection.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Many airlines will allow you to change your ticket, some even for no change in fare, due to medical problems but nonrefundable means just that. It's not nonrefundable but refundable with a doctor's note. Travel insurance would be appropriate in this situation.
trooper likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ajayrathi
Before you purchase any tickets from Jet Airways, be aware that they have a very strict and inhumane non-refundable policy even if you had a medical condition. Basically, it is use it or lose it. I am not sure if you get your tax $s back. I am complaining to the USDOT and BBB. I hope they change their policy to be at par with most INTL airline.
jet has let me cancel tickets in the past due to a medical reason without charging any cancellation so they do have a policy in place for this....i guess it all depends on the medical condition & the proof you provide....

what was your medical condition & what did you present to prove that????i'm sure they handle these requests on a case by case basis....
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:51 pm

Angry

This is what I just replied to Jet Airways on Twitter in lieu of my disgusting recent flight experience (Toronto-Amsterdam-Mumbai) and (Mumbai-Paris-Tornoto)
The only fantastic experience was Paris to Toronto on return since it was Air Canada

Hello Jet Airways team,

My eTicket: 58970XXXXXXXX

The Jet Airways flight from YYZ to MUM and back was far beyond from all expectations and below sub-standards. Here are the details and reasons:

1) First I tried to do a web check-in from YYZ - AMS - MUM. But the website web check-in was not enabled even though I logged in within 24 hours of the flight. I tried 3 times and finally got the web check-in by calling the Jet Airways customer care from Toronto.

2) When I tried to do a web check-in from MUM - CDG - YYZ, again the website web check-in was not allowed within 24 hours of the flight! Frustrated again, I called the customer care. And to add to my frustration and irritation, the customer care person told me web check in is NOT POSSIBLE! I asked why and he said "You can only do that at the counter on the airport!"

3) At the airport, the Jet Airways people don't know how to align the people boarding the flight to queue up into specific zones. They keep shouting as if they are on an Indian Railways platform! Why can't they use a standard printed pamphlet like every other airline?

4) Worst of all, the food where you all think the passengers are fools! I requested a diabetic non-veg food. To my utter surprise, the so called non-veg diabetic food served to me was JUST THE SAME as the regular non-veg gluten free food given to the guy sitting right next to me! We checked all labels on the food. The label from the caterer delivered to Jet Airways was EXACTLY THE SAME. What you guys did was add another printed label just to match what the passenger wanted! I mean, how disgusting is that? I am quite positive that soon I am going to sue you in the court. YOUR AIRLINE SERVICE IS SUBSTANDARD, UNPROFESSIONAL AND A SHAME IN THE NAME OF AVIATION INDUSTRY

5) And the drinks! Which century are you people living in? Dewar's Red Label? Better server mineral water if you are too poor and cheap to provide even medium quality whiskey or wine!

6) Except for one flight attendant from YYZ to AMS who was very nice and helpful, the others from AMS to MUM were utterly unprofessional. They don't know how to serve, and make faces in front of you as if they were doing us all a favor! I saw a few non-Indian passengers AFRAID to ask for something because that's how bad their behavior was. Did you pick them up from a village? That is one reason why people from out of India think that our country and people suck.

Long story short, this feedback is going all over social media to let people know what a disgust Jet Airways in reality is. The rest of the world can decide whether to choose your service but I AM NEVER EVER FLYING VIA JET AIRWAYS INTERNATIONALLY EVEN IF I HAD TO PAY TWICE YOUR PRICE TO SOME OTHER AIRLINE

LASTLY, I DON'T EXPECT A SINGLE FIX OR IMPROVEMENT FROM YOU, BECAUSE I KNOW, ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MONEY.

SHAME ON YOU JET AIRWAYS ...
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Mridul Ranjan

3) At the airport, the Jet Airways people don't know how to align the people boarding the flight to queue up into specific zones. They keep shouting as if they are on an Indian Railways platform! Why can't they use a standard printed pamphlet like every other airline?

4) Worst of all, the food where you all think the passengers are fools! I requested a diabetic non-veg food. To my utter surprise, the so called non-veg diabetic food served to me was JUST THE SAME as the regular non-veg gluten free food given to the guy sitting right next to me! We checked all labels on the food. The label from the caterer delivered to Jet Airways was EXACTLY THE SAME. What you guys did was add another printed label just to match what the passenger wanted! I mean, how disgusting is that? I am quite positive that soon I am going to sue you in the court. YOUR AIRLINE SERVICE IS SUBSTANDARD, UNPROFESSIONAL AND A SHAME IN THE NAME OF AVIATION INDUSTRY

5) And the drinks! Which century are you people living in? Dewar's Red Label? Better server mineral water if you are too poor and cheap to provide even medium quality whiskey or wine!

6) Except for one flight attendant from YYZ to AMS who was very nice and helpful, the others from AMS to MUM were utterly unprofessional. They don't know how to serve, and make faces in front of you as if they were doing us all a favor! I saw a few non-Indian passengers AFRAID to ask for something because that's how bad their behavior was. Did you pick them up from a village? That is one reason why people from out of India think that our country and people suck.

Long story short, this feedback is going all over social media to let people know what a disgust Jet Airways in reality is. The rest of the world can decide whether to choose your service but I AM NEVER EVER FLYING VIA JET AIRWAYS INTERNATIONALLY EVEN IF I HAD TO PAY TWICE YOUR PRICE TO SOME OTHER AIRLINE

LASTLY, I DON'T EXPECT A SINGLE FIX OR IMPROVEMENT FROM YOU, BECAUSE I KNOW, ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MONEY.

1. I have NEVER seen a "pamphlet" outlining boarding procedures issued by any airline.

2. The question is...did those meals meet the stated dietetic requirement? Why couldn't a gluten free non-veg meal ALSO be legitimately labelled a diabetic non-veg meal? Do you think airlines wouldn't "double up" on Special meals wherever possible? Hospitals do.......

A rant like yours will be treated as just that. I'm sure Jet is shaking in their boots over your refusal to use them again....
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:45 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by trooper
1. I have NEVER seen a "pamphlet" outlining boarding procedures issued by any airline.

2. The question is...did those meals meet the stated dietetic requirement? Why couldn't a gluten free non-veg meal ALSO be legitimately labelled a diabetic non-veg meal? Do you think airlines wouldn't "double up" on Special meals wherever possible? Hospitals do.......

A rant like yours will be treated as just that. I'm sure Jet is shaking in their boots over your refusal to use them again....
1) Yes they do use a pamphlet or a sign board or even the main LCD display that shows which Zone is being boarded currently along with a proper announcement. If you misunderstood what I meant, it's fine and if you didn't then maybe you are one of those who don't care about notifications at all

2) Meets the requirement? What did you expect me to do? Do a food and drug analysis on the flight? The common sense is to read the labels, which I did. And if you know Google is, maybe you should check a diabetic food against a gluten free food to find out the difference.

I am actually laughing at your comparison of flights with hospitals! Either you love travelling so much that you just put a blind eye to these things or GOD knows what ...

I dont care if Jet Airways even reads my rant, since millions people complain and rant like me, does the Airline industry change at all unless actually legally sued? No
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
1) Yes they do use a pamphlet or a sign board or even the main LCD display that shows which Zone is being boarded currently along with a proper announcement. If you misunderstood what I meant, it's fine and if you didn't then maybe you are one of those who don't care about notifications at all

2) Meets the requirement? What did you expect me to do? Do a food and drug analysis on the flight? The common sense is to read the labels, which I did. And if you know Google is, maybe you should check a diabetic food against a gluten free food to find out the difference.

I am actually laughing at your comparison of flights with hospitals! Either you love travelling so much that you just put a blind eye to these things or GOD knows what ...

I dont care if Jet Airways even reads my rant, since millions people complain and rant like me, does the Airline industry change at all unless actually legally sued? No
Dude I am sorry but I am struggling why you are so irritated. Calling out the zones and managing the crowd can be a good way to manage boarding (many airlines don’r Do this as you need staff). In the end boarding usually reflects the culture of the country you are in or of the majority of pax. On the food, it is very common for special meals to be suitable for multiple categories (saves cost). So an Asian Veg meal usually has vegan deserts and starters to save money. Since you said you posted it all over social media, I suspect you will get a lot of shrugs. Sorry, change your airline I guess.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Mrs Mapleg flew a week ago YYZ-BOM on Air Canada. On line check in did not work for either her or her coworker. You will note I did not start a rant about that fact. Possibly they wanted to see the Indian Visa in passport, but it is hardly worth getting into a tizzy about it.

If your special meal was suitable in being both vegetarian and for a diabetic, what difference does it make if it also meets the standard of a gluten free meal.

Is this your first time flying?

PS-you used the airport code MUM. That is actually the code for Mumias, Kenya. The airport code for Mumbai is BOM.
trooper likes this.

Last edited by mapleg; Mar 25, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As a starting point, OP says --- in all capital letters no less ---- that he doesn't expect the carrier to do anything as all it cares about is money. Having said that, why would anyone take it remotely seriously?

I too have never seen a pamphlet at a boarding gate (which deals with boarding).

The food thing is silly. The question, which as been asked and which OP did not answer in his second post is: Was the meal supplied to you consistent with what ought to be in a diabetic meal? E.g., was it low carb and low fat? If it was, why does it matter that it is also gluten free or anything else?

OP can expect a bemused 15 second read and perhaps a cut & pasted reply which no human being at 9W will ever see.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:07 am

How active are you on social media ? I mean if you've only got 5-10 friends/followers, you probably will not get a response, but if you've got thousands or friends and million followers then you can probably expect some sort of reply
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
How active are you on social media ? I mean if you've only got 5-10 friends/followers, you probably will not get a response, but if you've got thousands or friends and million followers then you can probably expect some sort of reply
OP registered here in 2010 and this is his only post.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
This is what I just replied to Jet Airways on Twitter in lieu of my disgusting recent flight experience (Toronto-Amsterdam-Mumbai) and (Mumbai-Paris-Tornoto)
The only fantastic experience was Paris to Toronto on return since it was Air Canada

Hello Jet Airways team,

My eTicket: 58970XXXXXXXX

The Jet Airways flight from YYZ to MUM and back was far beyond from all expectations and below sub-standards. Here are the details and reasons:

1) First I tried to do a web check-in from YYZ - AMS - MUM. But the website web check-in was not enabled even though I logged in within 24 hours of the flight. I tried 3 times and finally got the web check-in by calling the Jet Airways customer care from Toronto.

2) When I tried to do a web check-in from MUM - CDG - YYZ, again the website web check-in was not allowed within 24 hours of the flight! Frustrated again, I called the customer care. And to add to my frustration and irritation, the customer care person told me web check in is NOT POSSIBLE! I asked why and he said "You can only do that at the counter on the airport!"

Is this a poor attempt at humour?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vbh812
Is this a poor attempt at humour?
it could very well be....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.