Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Recent Jet Airways business experiences

Old May 3, 16, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Hi

I'm thinking about flying Jet Airways YYZ-AMS on the A330 with the new, staggered business class. I am wondering though if it is really worth the money, as I have read reviews ranging from "great" to "horrible".
Has anyone flown it and can tell me more about it?
Old May 3, 16, 1:39 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Don't take the last row aisle - sleeping would be impossible.

http://livefromalounge.boardingarea....premiere-a333/

I believe the aircraft is same as mentioned in the above review.
Old May 4, 16, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by germanPanther View Post
Hi

I'm thinking about flying Jet Airways YYZ-AMS on the A330 with the new, staggered business class. I am wondering though if it is really worth the money, as I have read reviews ranging from "great" to "horrible".
Has anyone flown it and can tell me more about it?
i'm not a fan of the new business class seats....i hadn't flown them in a number of years until last month when i flew del-ams on jet as part of a codeshare dl flight to nyc....i was quickly reminded on how uncomfortable the seats are to sleep in....your leg slides underneath the seat in front when the seat becomes a flat bed & there is not much space to move your feet around....
Old May 4, 16, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If you are a tall person you won't find these comfortable. Otherwise they are ok. I agree with Keyser about the small space for the feet.
Old May 5, 16, 8:35 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I am 6 feet and didn't have much problem, but of course, the seats are no match to those in Jet's herringbone. Agree, the leg does extend into the space underneath the seat in front, but still much better than Lufthansa's new footsie seats.

Seems such discomforts are the order of new age business class.
Old Apr 19, 17, 4:09 pm

Programs: E35K, TK*S ;Bonvoy PE
Having just completed a flight today on the 9W AMS-YYZ route -- in business class -- on their 777-300 -- I have to say that I was not impressed. The plane itself has a a great configuration for business class -- with immediate aisle access for all seats.

Having said this, the age of the plane itself is beginning to show considerable wear and tear. My seat, for example, has sections of the seat actually ripped and you could see the exposed foam inside. It wasn't at the point where the seat was unusable, but it gets you thinking just how long this plane can be kept in service before it needs some kind of refresh.

I walked by the first class seats (which I had been hoping to get a last minute upgrade to) but they looked even more dated than the business class. I've flown first on an older Singapore air flight and found that flight to have a better maintained (even if dated) interior.

The staff was more than friendly on this flight but I would say that if you are flying to AMS-YYZ -- you have choices of flying KLM or AC -- both of which offer better business class products on newer metal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: