Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi to Jaipur & Jaisalmer by Air

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Delhi to Jaipur & Jaisalmer by Air

Wanted feedback and opinions from those of you who would probably be better placed to comment.

Am planning a short trip to both Jaipur and Jalsalmer to see the old forts/deserts/culture in Rajasthan but was going to fly out from Delhi to both cities.

I realize there are no direct flights between Jaipur and Jalsalmer so it means flying back to Delhi to hop on another flight back out there.

In your opinion, which airline is the best in terms of on time performance/comfort and safety?

I understand some of these airlines also have weight restrictions on how much you can check in and also how much you can carry on the aircraft?

Spice Jet?
Indigo?
Any others?

thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Jaisalmer does not have any scheduled flights whatsoever...

For Jaipur flights, Indigo, Spicejet and Jet Airways will allow you 15 kgs checked luggage and 7 kg cabin bag.

Spicejet also has special fares without luggages, so be careful and read the baggage info before you buy the ticket.

Air India will allow you 25 kgs of checked baggage, if thats what you are after.

Try to avoid early morning flights out of DEL to minimize fog disruption.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh dear..looks like Jaisalmer airport never got opened after all..very sad. Looks like we will be giving Rajahstan a miss then. Pity.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
You can do Jodhpur or Udaipur instead.. Both have airports and good connectivity.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by wolf72
Oh dear..looks like Jaisalmer airport never got opened after all..very sad. Looks like we will be giving Rajahstan a miss then. Pity.
Consider the train. Most places have overnight sleeper trains with airconditioned accomodation. Jaipur and Jaisalmer also have overnight and day trains. 1A and 2A classes are very comfortable, though I wouldnt recommend 3A class unless you are on a tight budget.

You must visit jaisalmer! Apart from the palaces, there is the wildlife sanctuary at Bera, Sand Dune Safari etc.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashishp
Consider the train.
The only thing is that non-Indians don't get to book from the Indian Rail website from places outside India.
They either have to contact an Indian travel agency to book them on their behalf; or have to book through Foreigners' Quota which can only be booked once they are physically in India.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
You can do Jodhpur or Udaipur instead.. Both have airports and good connectivity.
Will certainly do. Thanks for the suggestion. How far by road from Jodphur or Udaipur to Jaisalmer btw?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashishp
Consider the train. Most places have overnight sleeper trains with airconditioned accomodation. Jaipur and Jaisalmer also have overnight and day trains. 1A and 2A classes are very comfortable, though I wouldnt recommend 3A class unless you are on a tight budget.

You must visit jaisalmer! Apart from the palaces, there is the wildlife sanctuary at Bera, Sand Dune Safari etc.
Will do my best to make it out there then..and will look into the train option for sure...i get the feeling Rajashatan is not to be missed.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Will certainly do. Thanks for the suggestion. How far by road from Jodphur or Udaipur to Jaisalmer btw?
Jaisalmer is a 5 hour drive from Jodhpur and Rajasthan has good roads on the average.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Will do my best to make it out there then..and will look into the train option for sure...i get the feeling Rajashatan is not to be missed.
rajasthan is definitely not to be missed....i would also suggest you look at the train options....
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback boys..appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.