Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Anyone have an email ID for HDFC cards customer service? There used to be one that started with the word "cards" afaik, but I can't locate it now. Thanks.
[email protected]
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Thank you.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
It looks like HDFC has stopped the international 10x!!!!

Now you only get a 1% cashback.

Hopefully this isn’t the end of the 10x party!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
It looks like HDFC has stopped the international 10x!!!!

Now you only get a 1% cashback.

Hopefully this isn’t the end of the 10x party!
Check this out - https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/9651
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Thanks @Anish. I'm aware of this - it's quite a round-about way to get 5000 points. Yet another card to carry, forms to fill and boxes to tick and half the reward points! Plus need to get smart on their fees, conversion charges and what nots. Plus keep a track of the card balance etc. etc. etc.

So a much much poorer deal.

I personally haven't done this because it was too much effort plus I already have my office & personal forex cards quite loaded with cash for years (haven't used them for a long long time) because I always found using my CCs give me much better returns.

So I am disappointed and keeping my fingers crossed that they bring 10x on international transactions back.
AJLondon likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 8, 2019 at 1:22 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Thanks @Anish. I'm aware of this - it's quite a round-about way to get 5000 points. Yet another card to carry, forms to fill and boxes to tick and half the reward points! Plus need to get smart on their fees, conversion charges and what nots. Plus keep a track of the card balance etc. etc. etc.

So a much much poorer deal.

I personally haven't done this because it was too much effort plus I already have my office & personal forex cards quite loaded with cash for years (haven't used them for a long long time) because I always found using my CCs give me much better returns.

So I am disappointed and keeping my fingers crossed that they bring 10x on international transactions back.
Exactly the same here. Can't be bothered with all this forex card upload and then track kerfuffle.

Disappointed too. May start using Prestige more for international spends again.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:35 am

On this forex card reload offer, there's this clause in the T&C that sounds a little iffy:
  • Customer if communicated by HDFC Bank Ltd. shall be eligible for 10X Reward points on loading/reloading ForexPlus Card online with HDFC Bank Credit card.
Does this mean this isn't open to everyone but is targeted?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:46 am

Have they made it a targeted offer now? I don't remember it being a targeted offer before.

Booooo DCB.... bbbbbbooooooooo!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:40 am

Looks like Zomato is leaving the 10X party. "10X Rewards on Zomato is valid till 31 Jan 2019."

Additionally this statement looks interesting "Enjoy Additional Savings All Year Long. Here's how:...". Does this mean the rest of the 10X partners are valid through 2019 (until HDFC yanks them off one fine day with no notice).

https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:48 pm

Additionally this statement looks interesting "Enjoy Additional Savings All Year Long. Here's how:...". Does this mean the rest of the 10X partners are valid through 2019 (until HDFC yanks them off one fine day with no notice).

https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege
Nah, I think it's just general HDFC shoddiness at work. You frequently find they have different dates for validity of any given offer depending on which page of this Diners microsite you're on. This line seems to be in keeping with that. (Though if you want to be excruciatingly fair to them, there's a colon at the end of it, which seems to refer readers to the earnings table below.)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:15 am

Zomato is back on the 10x partners list. Guess it was contract issues. All is well with the world again or rather.... all is 33% cheaper again in the specific areas where Zomato delivers.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:09 am

Zomato is back on the 10x partners list. Guess it was contract issues. All is well with the world again or rather.... all is 33% cheaper again in the specific areas where Zomato delivers.
That's good news. Back to ordering my office lunches on Zomato then.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:00 pm

Just got to the US and Uber refuses to accept my Diners card now. Worked perfectly last year. Has anybody had recent experience or a workaround? Also is the 10x offer valid on charges by Uber USA, if not I'll just use Lyft.
I've dug up this old quote because I have the same problem with Uber in the US at the moment. When I try to request a ride with the Diners Black, it says the payment method is invalid or some such, and I need to change the payment method to another card before it lets me proceed. The Diners Black has worked on Uber (and pretty much only Uber, almost no point-of-sale machines) for me elsewhere overseas.

@Anish - how did you get around this, if you did?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I couldn't get it work in the US last year. Tried calling HDFC also who were clueless. It worked perfectly fine in Europe a few months later.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:07 am

I was in the US 2 weeks back. My DCB worked just fine. Used it in 6 states. Never had an issue.

Workaround:
If you’re facing challenges for whatever reason you can pay through another card and when you get the email statement for the trip you’ll see a link there to SWITCH PAYMENT. Use that link to go to the Uber website and change payment on any of your recent trips. It’s very easy to do.

In my experience you generally lose a small amount while switching I’ve noticed... for example on my Citi Prestige if I paid Rs. 100 I got Rs. 98 or so credited back. Of course it was on different days (recrediting takes a few days) so it could be the exchange rates. But worth it for the 10x rewards.
L_D_M likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.