Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Anyone tried to convert DC points to Avios account of any family member? Requested a redemption in HDFC Netbanking. Lets see how it goes
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I’m not sure it’ll go through if the names don’t match i.e. primary account holder name & Avios account name.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Im not sure itll go through if the names dont match i.e. primary account holder name & Avios account name.
While registering I gave the name of the family member as in the Avios Membership Card and the membership number. Lets see how it goes.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
While registering I gave the name of the family member as in the Avios Membership Card and the membership number. Lets see how it goes.
This went through successfully. Reflected in My Family member's account within 2 days. I believe this is a record for HDFC Trasnfers
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Nice... now to push it further and try transferring to non family accounts.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:54 am

Booking child only through Smartbuy/Diners or SOTC

I've already got my tickets done but have decided to take my kid along with me on a trip. I'm traveling 6E & 9W. Is there any way for me to book a separate child ticket online and get the Diners 33% discount?

If not what are my other options?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I've already got my tickets done but have decided to take my kid along with me on a trip. I'm traveling 6E & 9W. Is there any way for me to book a separate child ticket online and get the Diners 33% discount?

If not what are my other options?
How old is the kid, unless the kid is an infant, I would just book like an adult.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
How old is the kid, unless the kid is an infant, I would just book like an adult.
Not an infant... so I'm booking like an adult. But in the final booking page on Smartbuy it's asking for a DOB where it's not allowing me to proceed unless the person is over 12 years old!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Call Smartbuy and ask them to issue the ticket over the phone.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:12 pm

So update on doing a child booking - called Smartbuy several times. They said they can't do a separate child booking. Yatra could not do it either. Couldn't do a new booking through SOTC either - need to enter DOB there as well.

So I had to do it over the phone with 6E & 9W as adult bookings but those sites don't ask for age. I could have done it online on 9W & 6E's respective websites and then called them to link the bookings to my PNR with a note. But doing it all at once on the phone was easier.

Couple of interesting observations:
1. 6E allows you to HOLD a ticket for 72 hours without paying. Now that's neat and something I didn't know about.
2. The DOB that you put into Smartbuy is bogus. Because they throw up a "default" age into the airlines ticketing system - 2/2/70. Still since Smartbuy was showing an adult age even though it was incorrect I decided not to risk it and book through the airlines websites directly where I didn't have to enter any DOB.

Of course lost my 33% discount on some fairly expensive tix.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:10 am

Has anyone been getting 10x points on Amazon via Smartbuy on the Diners Black? I haven't been, ever since Amazon was added as a Smartbuy partner a couple or so months ago. Previously I pretty much used to be getting 33% back as points in my statement, since I only use the card for 10x categories, but for the last two months I think I've just been getting the 1X, if that. Not keen on the prospect of calling HDFC, who will most likely cite the 90-day clause.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:25 am

I checked a few weeks ago. My 9x hadn’t credited by then.

I also did reconfirm with a couple of different agents that all but the list of 10 or 15 items listed in the T&C are eligble for 10x.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Extended until March 2019
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Extended until March 2019
Yes but they've put a stop to my gold shopping on TataCliq! Also, they've removed flight & hotel bookings from SOTC - now it's holiday packages only. I guess SOTC flights & hotels was directly competing with Smartbuy.

I think most other terms remain unchanged. Except they've made TataCliq & SOTC 9x/90 days and 9x/next statement for the rest.

International 10x hasn’t been renewed as yet. But I’m guessing it will be.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 1, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:24 am

Anyone have an email ID for HDFC cards customer service? There used to be one that started with the word "cards" afaik, but I can't locate it now. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.