Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Exactly, the miles you earn when coupled with cabin and status bonuses can be pretty significant. Additionally, you don't need to worry about award seat availability.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I hope to see the10X extended soon. 1 week to go
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:45 am

Just a note to say that acceptance of the Diners Black is nearly as poor in Australia as it is in Europe. Of the 35 odd times I’ve given it a go (and these have all been in Sydney and Melbourne, not some outback towns) maybe five have gone through.

The existence of Diners is probably the best advert for Visa and Mastecard there is.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I’m currently in the Nordics... acceptance here has probably been around 70-80%. It was 100% in Iceland where my Citi Prestige card let me down 99.99% of the time. The only place were the Citi card worked was in the petrol stations where I had to use the Chip + PIN.

All other places it was Chip only... and the Citi card failed everywhere. The transaction first went through and then got reversed. Numerous calls to the Citi Helpdesk didn’t resolve my problem.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:12 am

Interesting. Here in Oz I’ve needed to dip the card into the reader first, whereupon it errors and asks for a swipe instead. And when I swipe, it asks for a pin, and when you enter it, nine times out of ten it’ll say “not supported”. And the other time, it’ll go through.

Ditto with the Prestige, except the transaction goes through every time upon entering the pin.

At some terminals with the Diners, upon dipping it, it provides two options to select from: “Cheque” and “Savings”. “Credit” never shows up, as it ought to.

Last edited by L_D_M; Jun 30, 2018 at 10:34 am
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:44 am

10X on partners extended to September. Zomato added and lifestyle removed.

I hope 10x on international spends also gets extended.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
10X on partners extended to September. Zomato added and lifestyle removed.

I hope 10x on international spends also gets extended.
This is good news!

Additionally, does anyone know if wallet loading doesnt even get the regular 5 points per INR 150 spend? I just read the fine print and says wallet loading doesnt accrue regular points also now
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:24 am

If I'm not mistaken, at some point in the past there was a stipulation that only transactions of Rs 150 and above would qualify for 10x points when spending on a 10x partner (Swiggy, Uber etc). Is that still the case? Can't find anything about it in the T&C, though there is such a clause in the T&C for 10x on international spends.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by L_D_M
If I'm not mistaken, at some point in the past there was a stipulation that only transactions of Rs 150 and above would qualify for 10x points when spending on a 10x partner (Swiggy, Uber etc). Is that still the case? Can't find anything about it in the T&C, though there is such a clause in the T&C for 10x on international spends.
I had the same experience and when I inquired they pointed me to HDFC Bank website. they have silently added that there
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
It has been that way (150 min) for sometime (at least all this year)

I don't remember where, but I remember reading it somewhere.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
International spend 10X on Diners extended till September 30, 2018.

Enjoy 10X Reward points on all International Spends

(Offer Validity: September 1st,2017 to September 30th, 2018)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by piyush
International spend 10X on Diners extended till September 30, 2018.

Enjoy 10X Reward points on all International Spends

(Offer Validity: September 1st,2017 to September 30th, 2018)
Thanks for the update. Time for me to continue funding my Amazon account for the next big purchase
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:14 am

Thanks for the update. Time for me to continue funding my Amazon account for the next big purchase
Please check. Wallet loading does not accrue points. Are you adding money to your Amazon wallet?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Shivthilak
Please check. Wallet loading does not accrue points. Are you adding money to your Amazon wallet?
I'm guessing he's adding money to his Amazon.com wallet which is a USD transaction.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
You can also buy 21,000 SPG points. That's what I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.