Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Thanks, I need to look at this. Whereabouts on the HDFC site might this be?
Cards - Request - International Travel Details
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
I'll be traveling to Europe in a couple of months so any feedback on improvements on Diners acceptance after changing the settings would be appreciated. But I have my doubts because of the generally poor acceptance there. I've never touched any settings on the portal.

Interestingly enough MC/Visa acceptance in US was 9.5mil while Discover was 9.3 mil and Amex 6.9mil (2014 figures). So it looks like Diners would work very well in the US, India (HDFC), China (UnionPay), Japan (JCB) etc.

Of course we don't know if they will extend the 10x on international spends - they haven't done it as yet!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I'll be traveling to Europe in a couple of months so any feedback on improvements on Diners acceptance after changing the settings would be appreciated. But I have my doubts because of the generally poor acceptance there. I've never touched any settings on the portal.

Interestingly enough MC/Visa acceptance in US was 9.5mil while Discover was 9.3 mil and Amex 6.9mil (2014 figures). So it looks like Diners would work very well in the US, India (HDFC), China (UnionPay), Japan (JCB) etc.

Of course we don't know if they will extend the 10x on international spends - they haven't done it as yet!
Hope they do it soon.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Hope they do it soon.
Extended till 30 Jun 2018. Yay!
deovrat likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:13 pm

Diners has extended there 10X reward points again. And this time it’s longer than 1 month!

- Smartbuy til 30 Sept ‘18
- Partners till 30 Jun ‘18. They’ve dropped Dominos and add Treebo hotel. I’m not sure how excited people will be with that change.
- International spends till 30th Jun ‘18

I didn’t see anything else change in the program so all is well with the world again.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I had no use for Dominos (& I guess it can also be ordered on swiggy). I don't have much use for treebo as such but sometimes our vacations take us to cities (like Gangtok) without any big chain hotels so I guess i may be able to use it without eating into smart buy which I can max out each mon
th.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:05 am

I remember reading somewhere -- but can't recall exactly where, and so can't check again -- that the 10,000 points 10x points eligibility (for Diners Black) on foreign currency transactions is calculated on a calendar month basis (and not statement month). Does anyone here know if that's right?
Old May 5, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I had no use for Dominos (& I guess it can also be ordered on swiggy). I don't have much use for treebo as such but sometimes our vacations take us to cities (like Gangtok) without any big chain hotels so I guess i may be able to use it without eating into smart buy which I can max out each mon
th.
Diners focuses on travel and restaurants etc. So adding a hotel makes some sense I guess. It is easier to maximise your partner 10x with a higher value item like a hotel hotel room rather than a pizza. But at the same time... are there a lot of takers for Treebo... over all... probably not.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by L_D_M
I remember reading somewhere -- but can't recall exactly where, and so can't check again -- that the 10,000 points 10x points eligibility (for Diners Black) on foreign currency transactions is calculated on a calendar month basis (and not statement month). Does anyone here know if that's right?
Yes it’s per calendar month... makes keeping track of things for reward maximization all that more complicated.

https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/a...tional_TnC.pdf

Old May 29, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Diners has extended there 10X reward points again. And this time it’s longer than 1 month!

- Smartbuy til 30 Sept ‘18
- Partners till 30 Jun ‘18. They’ve dropped Dominos and add Treebo hotel. I’m not sure how excited people will be with that change.
- International spends till 30th Jun ‘18

I didn’t see anything else change in the program so all is well with the world again.
Anyone transferred HDFC diners black points to Kris Flyer and hen redeemed it?

Is it better to redeem via points or use it as a voucher on Cleartrip? I have 70K points and I can fly business class to singapore for 35K Kris Flyer points which is much better value than redeeming it for a flight via cleartrip voucher
Old May 29, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Shivthilak
Anyone transferred HDFC diners black points to Kris Flyer and hen redeemed it?

Is it better to redeem via points or use it as a voucher on Cleartrip? I have 70K points and I can fly business class to singapore for 35K Kris Flyer points which is much better value than redeeming it for a flight via cleartrip voucher
1. Yes

2. Depends. Usually for J redeeming through KrisFlyer is a better option. I'm sure the cost of a J to SIN from India is much more than Rs. 35,000. However keep in mind that you earn KF miles through the voucher bookings. So that's like a cashback that you need to take into account.

3. Finally where do you see Cleartrip in all of this? I booked a flight by generating a voucher today. While the concierge issued the ticket because the website was having issues... but I didn't see Cleartrip branding in anything - it was HDFC Diners all the way through.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 29, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 8:00 pm

I thought the ticket partner in the backend was Cleartrip? I may be wrong. I remember reading it somewhere on a forum and assumed it was correct and I havent actually verified it myself.

Are there any restrictions for the KrisFlyer redemptions? Since I have not flown the airline even once and will create the account just for redemptions now, will there be any restrictions on redemptions? I faced issues with AI redemptions and they said I needed to take minimum 5 flights before I can redeem for family etc
Old May 29, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
The backend partner is Cleartrip indeed.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shivthilak
Are there any restrictions for the KrisFlyer redemptions? Since I have not flown the airline even once and will create the account just for redemptions now, will there be any restrictions on redemptions? I faced issues with AI redemptions and they said I needed to take minimum 5 flights before I can redeem for family etc
No, there aren't. My first KF activity was a redemption flight (points transfer from HDFC Diners Black).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.