Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Old May 17, 2020, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Does payments through Amazon Pay get you 10x? For instance if I paid my insurance or utilities through Pay using my DCB would I get 33%?
I would think not, since you're not going through Smartbuy? And Amazon is not a standalone 10x partner for HDFC anymore.
Old May 17, 2020, 11:39 pm

Does payments through Amazon Pay get you 10x? For instance if I paid my insurance or utilities through Pay using my DCB would I get 33%?
You will not get 10x even if you land on Amazon through Smartbuy as Amazon pay transactions are excluded from 10x.
The exact lines from T&C are:
This Offer is not applicable on the purchase of: a) Amazon Pay balance b) Amazon Flight Tickets c) Gold and Silver coins d) Gift Cards including Bank cards (Such as RBL and ticket compliment GCs) e) Axis Bank and Joyalukkas Gift Vouchers f) Bill Payments and Recharges g) Amazon Prime membership
To get 10x on bill payments, buy Amazon gift voucher through Smartbuy -> Gyftr and pay using the gift voucher.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by gtag
You will not get 10x even if you land on Amazon through Smartbuy as Amazon pay transactions are excluded from 10x.
The exact lines from T&C are:

Thats what I thought... but where are you seeing this T&C now? Can you share the link please.

Also has anyone tried this through Citi?
Old May 18, 2020, 2:08 am

Thats what I thought... but where are you seeing this T&C now? Can you share the link please.
https://www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_...smartbuy0d3-21
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Error. Deleted.
Old May 24, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
How do I upgrade to Infinia if I want? It seems like a invite only card, should I go through my RM?
Old May 24, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
How do I upgrade to Infinia if I want? It seems like a invite only card, should I go through my RM?
Yes that would be the way to go. Keep us posted about what happens.

Waiting a bit more (unless you have some immediate purchases to take advantage of Infinia's higher limits) might not be a bad idea. Perhaps the contracts Diners had expired and they didn't renew or do any new partnerships because nobody could purchase anything anyways.

Maybe they will announce new partnerships once things open up (of course they might not be ideal spend partners).
Old May 25, 2020, 2:10 am

Yes that would be the way to go. Keep us posted about what happens.

Waiting a bit more (unless you have some immediate purchases to take advantage of Infinia's higher limits) might not be a bad idea. Perhaps the contracts Diners had expired and they didn't renew or do any new partnerships because nobody could purchase anything anyways.

Maybe they will announce new partnerships once things open up (of course they might not be ideal spend partners).
Thanks a lot, will wait a few months and see what happens to 10x.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:41 am

Sign-up offer for Upgrades

Has anyone else got this for going from the old DCB (3608) to the new one (3610)? I just got the SMS with a link and e-voucher code. The link takes me to "https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/milestone/claim/signup-offer-for-upgrades" but when I enter the code I get a "Technical error" message. Which confirms this is a 100% genuine HDFC offer.

Only thing is I don't know what this for. Does anybody know? What can one get with this e-voucher?
deovrat likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:20 am

Link finally worked. You can select between Smartbuy, Bata, Big Bazaar, Amazon & Flipkart. Not a bad bonus for upgrading your card I think.

Of course, when I say link worked I mean I was able to select my e-voucher. It's been about 30 minutes, I'm yet to receive it. The site now says they're "processing it".
Old May 28, 2020, 7:32 am

Meanwhile, the Smartbuy 10x page shows the offer ended April 30. So I guess that gives them a get-out to deny 9x points for Smartbuy spends in May.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Meanwhile, the Smartbuy 10x page shows the offer ended April 30. So I guess that gives them a get-out to deny 9x points for Smartbuy spends in May.
Smartbuy has been extended through May. https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/12768 - Look in the T&C.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:21 am

Of course it wouldn't be HDFC if there wasn't conflicting information all over the place, would it?

This is where it says April 30 - https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privileges
Old May 28, 2020, 9:13 am

The 10x party is almost over.
Look at the June T&C: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/15278

Rs 7500 cap for DCB and 15000 for Infinia.
5x on Amazon, 3x on Flipkart

Last edited by gtag; May 28, 2020 at 10:59 am
Old May 28, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by gtag
The 10x party is almost over.
Look at the June T&C: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/15278

Rs 7500 cap for DCB and 15000 for Infinia.
5x on Amazon, 3x on Flipkart
This page seems to have vanished. The link is unreachable

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.