Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Now we need a complicated matrix chart to look up and decide when to pay with DCB and when to use Citi Prestige!
In what way does Citi Prestige give any advantage?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
If you're paying for things that has RP's capped or not given on HDFC - it would sometimes make more sense to pay through Citi Prestige.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Most of my redemption are mile transfer. So for anything except accelerated rewards, Citi prestige gives me:
4 miles / 100 INR vs 3.3 for HDFCMore transfer partners
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Most of my redemption are mile transfer. So for anything except accelerated rewards, Citi prestige gives me:
4 miles / 100 INR vs 3.3 for HDFCMore transfer partners
Yeah except Citi doesn't give points for a whole bunch of merchant codes... so you have to really think hard "will it work..."!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:17 am

Yeah except Citi doesn't give points for a whole bunch of merchant codes... so you have to really think hard "will it work..."!
Agreed, that's true. For those we use my wife's Infinia
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Agreed, that's true. For those we use my wife's Infinia
Is there an easy way to switch to Infinia? I called up the helpline and they're asking me to go fill a form and submit it at a branch! HDFC sometimes tries to make you feel like you're working with SBI!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:47 am

Is there an easy way to switch to Infinia?
Yeah, they seem to be making it tough for people to do this these days. I went through the rigmarole, submitted salary slips along with the form and received a template rejection email a few days later that, of course, gave no reasons why. If this happens to you, write to their grievance redressal email and keep writing until someone or the other eventually apologises and either processes your upgrade or asks for your docs again and then processes it. This seems to be SOP for HDFC - had to do all this when I got my DCB some five years ago as well.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah, they seem to be making it tough for people to do this these days. I went through the rigmarole, submitted salary slips along with the form and received a template rejection email a few days later that, of course, gave no reasons why. If this happens to you, write to their grievance redressal email and keep writing until someone or the other eventually apologises and either processes your upgrade or asks for your docs again and then processes it. This seems to be SOP for HDFC - had to do all this when I got my DCB some five years ago as well.
Yikes! I absolutely cannot see myself doing any of that. Getting my DCB wasn't that painful - just required my income docs. And Prestige I remember was even easier - just a phone call and done.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:20 am

My DCB was a side-grade from the Jet Airways Diners card and they basically refused until I wrote some "stern words". With the Infinia, it was pretty much like I had come out of nowhere and asked for a Centurion card. No such issues with Citi when I got the Prestige - a phone call was all it took.

Apparently now HDFC's official criterion for Infinia is a yearly salary of ~45L or some such, which is out of whack with the fee the card charges and what it offers.

Last edited by L_D_M; Jul 1, 2022 at 1:05 am
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
My DCB was as side-grade from the Jet Airways Diners card and they basically refused until I wrote some "stern words". With the Infinia, it was pretty much like I had come out of nowhere and asked for a Centurion card. No such issues with Citi when I got the Prestige - a phone call was all it took.

Apparently now HDFC's official criterion for Infinia is a yearly salary of ~45L or some such, which is out of whack with what the fee the card charges and what it offers.
On the phone HDFC said 8+L limit and 7.5+ L spend in the last 6 months. I need to find my RM's number....
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:13 am

On the phone HDFC said 8+L limit and 7.5+ L spend in the last 6 months. I need to find my RM's number....
Same for me, my limit is about 20L but with covid, my spend has been lot lower than 7.5L in 6 months.

I guess this is the same you will hear from the RM coz that's what my RM told me
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:38 pm

I meet all the criteria... but I have an allergy to going to banks and filling up forms and worse... chasing them!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Amazon won't be a Smartbuy partner from July!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by piyush
Amazon won't be a Smartbuy partner from July!
What a bummer
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:32 pm

Are you able to redeem Gyftr voichers now using DCB? It seems like Gyftr has moved to Razorpay which historically has played bad with DCB. I'm no longer able to buy any vouchers now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.