Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
CRED travel has some good deals for resorts and these bookings fall under the 25k 10x cap
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:38 am

Ah yes, I glossed over the "up to". A HDFC bank credit card holder is an eternal optimist - or selectively blind.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:08 am

Great. BA is no longer a transfer partner for HDFC. Or has it been this way for a while?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Great. BA is no longer a transfer partner for HDFC. Or has it been this way for a while?
Been months... maybe a year...
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Has HDFC Diners Black stopped the monthly milestone benefit on spends of Rs. 80,000 through https://hdfcbankdinersclub.poshvine.com/ ? I got it last month for my April spending but not this month for May spending.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by piyush
Has HDFC Diners Black stopped the monthly milestone benefit on spends of Rs. 80,000 through https://hdfcbankdinersclub.poshvine.com/ ? I got it last month for my April spending but not this month for May spending.
They haven't stopped AFAIK. But they aren't very regular with the milestone benefits. I think we get it at the end of the day but they don't follow a very regular schedule all the time. I haven't got mine yet either.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:22 am

And does anyone have the link to the page to book flights/hotels using Diners Black points? Seems to have vanished, but it could be that I'm not looking nearly as hard as I need to, given it's HDFC...
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:41 am

And does anyone have the link to the page to book flights/hotels using Diners Black points? Seems to have vanished, but it could be that I'm not looking nearly as hard as I need to, given it's HDFC...
On the Smartbuy website click on PRIVILEGES - DINERS CLUB
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
On the Smartbuy website click on PRIVILEGES - DINERS CLUB
Yeah, I did get to that page. You can get there via hdfcbankdinersclub.com as well. But there's no indication there at all when you search for flights and try to book them that paying with points is an option. It lists rates for Cleartrip and Yatra for each itinerary and when you click through, it behaves like a regular cash booking.

Maybe on the very last screen you're given an option to pay with points and a cartoon character pops out and says "Gotcha!" or something.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:06 am

Maybe on the very last screen you're given an option to pay with points and a cartoon character pops out and says "Gotcha!" or something.
Ummm that's exactly how HDFC points booking is supposed to work. HDFC doesn't have their own FFP. They're not going to throw a distance based points table at you.

You pick which flights you want to buy and depending on your card (DCB 1 point = 1 Rs.) you can use your reward points to buy tickets upto 70% of the ticket value and pay the rest through your CC.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:46 am

That's all very well but how is someone to know all this if there is absolutely no mention on any of these pages of being able to redeem points towards the value of the tickets on a 1RP = Re. 1 basis (I assume) till whatever penultimate screen you get to?

It's mentioned on the privileges/whatever pages but nowhere on the actual booking pages or the pages you access immediately before the booking pages.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Make sure you're logged in while booking. It will show up a slider allowing you to select how many points you want to redeem via voucher on the payment page just above CC details.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
Make sure you're logged in while booking. It will show up a slider allowing you to select how many points you want to redeem via voucher on the payment page just above CC details.
Thanks, yeah, I was logged in. I'm not really looking to make a booking atm, just wondered how it worked and whether it had been withdrawn.

Even if you click your points tally figure at top right when logged in, you only get options to manage your account etc. There's no indication that you can redeem points on air ticket bookings. It's only after you progress three or four screens through what to that point you have no indication is anything but a cash booking, including submitting your passport details and whatnot, that you get the slider and the option t pay with points. Spectacularly grotty UX.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by piyush
They just sent it to me for my June Spending but still haven't sent it for May spending!

"Congratulations on meeting the Monthly Spend Milestone of INR 80,000 for the month of June 2021 with your HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card!"
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:00 am

Pepperfry and Zoomcar added to 10x partners. And 3x on Payzapp has been a new thing for the past few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.