Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Well that’s a unique problem.

There’s good reason for RBI to come down so heavily on HDFC and stop them from acquiring more customers till they pretend to fix their IT!
Called em again, they still don't have any answer.

I tried to use my citi credit card but even that didn't work to purchase the coupon, so I guess it's the account that has the problem.

Will post update once I hear anything.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Called em again, they still don't have any answer.

I tried to use my citi credit card but even that didn't work to purchase the coupon, so I guess it's the account that has the problem.

Will post update once I hear anything.
Create a different account with Gyftr then... with a different phone number. You’ll need that number to login and receive your vouchers otherwise you can use your own card.

There is no requirement to use the same number registered with HDFC.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:13 pm

Create a different account with Gyftr then... with a different phone number. You’ll need that number to login and receive your vouchers otherwise you can use your own card.

Yea, that's what I am doing, I also ordered a replacement card from HDFC to get a new card number so that there is no risk of their IT messing up and blocking again.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:46 pm

HDFC/Gyftr couldn't figure out anything, so as suggested, I used a different mobile number and replaced my HDFC card to get a new card number. Working fine now.

i also tried using netsafe to generate a virtual card number to avoid replacing the card but netsafe doesn't work with Diners (interestingly it also identifies Infinia as diners and doesn't work with Infinia either)
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
HDFC/Gyftr couldn't figure out anything, so as suggested, I used a different mobile number and replaced my HDFC card to get a new card number. Working fine now.
Did you try with new Gyftr account and old card?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:27 pm

Did you try with new Gyftr account and old card?
Yes, I did out of curiosity. I had already replaced the card so knew the transaction will fail. The transaction went to the OTP point and then I stopped coz that may be illegal to attempt to use a card I blocked.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:26 pm

Does anyone understand WTH the DCB 15x offer is??? https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/16726
Old Jan 29, 2021, 10:37 am

Does anyone understand WTH the DCB 15x offer is??? https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/16726
From the way it's worded, it makes no sense for DCB coz spends between 25k and 50k will earn only 1x
makes sense for some who plans to run about 82k on Amazon during 3 days in Infinia.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:51 am

Spends on these "Extra Savings Days" also count towards the overall quota of 7500 points per month (DCB), am I right?
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:16 am

From the way it's worded, it makes no sense for DCB coz spends between 25k and 50k will earn only 1xput in
makes sense for some who plans to run about 82k on Amazon during 3 days in Infinia.
Wonder which genius came up with this campaign.

Forget how stupid and flawed the campaign is where your customers don't earn any accelerators for at least 30% of their spend - and you claim 15x rewards in your marketing material! But needing to explain the promotion with 6 tables and ~100 rows x 4 columns... how does anybody at HDFC leadership think that's a good idea???
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Spends on these "Extra Savings Days" also count towards the overall quota of 7500 points per month (DCB), am I right?
Of course.

Those effing idiots.... who is waiting till 28th Jan to use up any part of the measly 7.5k accelerators.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I'm planning to use my DCB for a car purchase, just wanted to double check if there is a monthly cap on the 3.3% reward return?
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
I'm planning to use my DCB for a car purchase, just wanted to double check if there is a monthly cap on the 3.3% reward return?
No cap.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Anish
No cap, but the dealership may charge you a fee for swiping the card (~2%)

This is dependent on the car and dealership, so if you are trying to buy a model which is in demand, dealer may push for the extra charge. If you are buying say a Mercedes or a Audi, dealership maybe more flexible.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
No cap.
Thanks!

No cap, but the dealership may charge you a fee for swiping the card (~2%)
This is dependent on the car and dealership, so if you are trying to buy a model which is in demand, dealer may push for the extra charge. If you are buying say a Mercedes or a Audi, dealership maybe more flexible.
Yeah the dealer quoted a 1.8% fee so I still gain 1.5% over doing a NEFT transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.