Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
This page seems to have vanished. The link is unreachable
Thank God it is vanished. Looks like HDFC still unsure about 5x or 10x like we saw last year.
Edit: The link is live again.

Last edited by gtag; May 28, 2020 at 11:37 pm
Old May 29, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Argghhhh.... now this hurts twice as much. Not only has the 10x limits been halved but so has the Amazon and Flipkart accelerators!!!
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Angry

Originally Posted by gtag
The 10x party is almost over.
Look at the June T&C: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/15278

Rs 7500 cap for DCB and 15000 for Infinia.
5x on Amazon, 3x on Flipkart
This page seems to have vanished. The link is unreachable
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Argghhhh.... now this hurts twice as much. Not only has the 10x limits been halved but so has the Amazon and Flipkart accelerators!!!
The link has changed but the details are accurate. Here is the new link:
https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/15282

Only thing we can really do on Smart buy for now is buy Instant Vouchers. I don't have any tickets to book for now, but even if I did, I won't involve a OTA right now.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
And the news from HDFC keeps getting worse and worse. I thought that the 10x cut was maybe just a temp thing... but it looks like HDFC is more than half way to making DCB a middling average card.

Here’s what they’ve done now -
For flight, hotels & travel experiences, HDFC Bank Diners Black Credit Card members can redeem up to maximum of 70% of booking value through Reward Points. Rest will have to be paid via Credit Card where you earn 10 times Reward Points. This will be effective from 25 JULY 2020 Earn up to 7,500 Reward Points per calendar month under the up to 10X Reward Points program- June'20 onwards For flight bookings, convenience fee to be paid will now be dynamic, depending upon the number of passenger tickets, domestic or international sector and single/two-way journey. To know more, click here

So in the past month here’s all the things that HDFC has cut:
1. Major 10x reductions including Smartbuy caps and Amazon & Flipkart accelerators
2. Dining accelerator capped @ 30k / day (this isn’t going to affect a whole lot of people though)
3. Removal of 10x partners from DCB
4. Caps on paying airline & hotel bookings through reward points (why!!!!)
5. “Dynamic” convenience fees for tickets!
6. I’m sure there is one more that I’m forgetting

I strongly suspect the dude or dudette responsible for the DCB rewards program is incredibly unhappy and miserable staying at home (and also maybe has revenue targets aka bonuses that they know they can’t hit this year) and has decided to unleash their frustration on us!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:28 pm

I had completely missed it in thr email. Coz the email subject was: 'You’ve unlocked savings on Shopping & Travel @SmartBuy'

I had to back and dig this email out of trash to find this towards the end of the email.

I don't see Infinia mentioned in the email, does this apply to Infinia also or can we avoid this for now by upgrading?

Can anyone who has Infinia card please comment?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:17 pm

I had completely missed it in thr email. Coz the email subject was: 'You’ve unlocked savings on Shopping & Travel @SmartBuy'

I had to back and dig this email out of trash to find this towards the end of the email.

I don't see Infinia mentioned in the email, does this apply to Infinia also or can we avoid this for now by upgrading?

Can anyone who has Infinia card please comment?
It is applicable on Infinia too.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/api...-9694b9555a73?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:40 pm

HDFC, Citi (and I'm sure others) have all started this awful practice of hiding "bad" news at the bottom of some email with a completely different subject line. I think some complaints to RBI are in order.

And yes applies to Infinia and DCB. And these devaluations have been in the works for some time because this practice had already been introduced to the other Diners variants. The thing is that one can understand that the CC business has taken a tremendous hit right now... but I'm pretty sure they won't offer these benefits again when business picks up.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:25 am

Yea, is terrible rather boundary line unethical, but atleast they gave some notice. Unfortunately, at this point I don't want to book tickets even 1 year out and have to deal with 3 entities (airline, ota and smartbuy) if something goes bad.

off topic, Yes Bank also did a 40% devaluation effective today (July 1) on GV redemption.

I totally agree that the benefits are probably gone for good.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

off topic, Yes Bank also did a 40% devaluation effective today (July 1) on GV redemption.
Almost every card has done it - either deval or benefit cuts etc. - SBI, Axis, RBL, YesBank, Amex and who else have you.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Almost every card has done it - either deval or benefit cuts etc. - SBI, Axis, RBL, YesBank, Amex and who else have you.
Did Citi Prestige do a devaluation??
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Did Citi Prestige do a devaluation??
Ssshhh.... don't remind them.... they haven't as yet. But they did some benefits cuts just before COVID at the beginning of the year. I'm glad they haven't done anything post that. Citi and StanC are probably the only two that haven't done anything yet.

Separately... is the new Citi Prestige card a metal card? It's quite heavy but doesn't feel like metal. Also doesn't look quite as impressive as the pics.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Separately... is the new Citi Prestige card a metal card? It's quite heavy but doesn't feel like metal. Also doesn't look quite as impressive as the pics.
Maybe - the wife's is heavier with the new (USA) design. Cannot verify now as not with me.

I have the old one.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:13 am

Is everyone's 9x accelerator posting? I don't think mine have been for the past 3-4 months at least. Am I the only one?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:37 am

Is everyone's 9x accelerator posting? I don't think mine have been for the past 3-4 months at least. Am I the only one?
Same here. I am expecting few thousand pending points.
Confirmed from CC, they are pretty sure that for Jan, Feb 2020, 9x have been posted already.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by gtag
Same here. I am expecting few thousand pending points.
Confirmed from CC, they are pretty sure that for Jan, Feb 2020, 9x have been posted already.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Yeah I think I got my Jan, Feb points (need to check though). But I think Mar or Apr onwards the 9x points haven't been posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.