Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Finally! Though MMT is out.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:31 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Any thoughts on Infinia vs. Diners Black these days? Is one superior to the other?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Any thoughts on Infinia vs. Diners Black these days? Is one superior to the other?

It’s still Black for me. Even though the Smartbuy limit has been reduced the 10x partners generally makes up for it.

Unless you’re only doing flights & hotel bookings through Smartbuy, Diners offers a better mix of 10x offerings.

We’ll have to see how Diners “enhances/revamps” the 10x partners in August though.
AJLondon likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Call and ask.
Call and ask for points earned for a specific transaction?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Call and ask for points earned for a specific transaction?
Yes. CS are the only people who can check if the balance 9x has been credited or not.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 21, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Yes. CS are the only people who can check if the balance 9x has been credited or not.
I would not bet on the HDFC cards rep to know it...they are just pathetic
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
I would not bet on the HDFC cards rep to know it...they are just pathetic
They seem to know. I've checked with them before. I think 9x points update from Amazon & Flipkart happens on the 4th of every month.
NoviceFT likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:27 pm

Yeah, they do know if points for any given transaction have posted or not, so they clearly have an itemised points statement they are able to access. But the differences in the time spans allotted for points from various categories to post are dizzying. I've been told in the past that Amazon transactions on Smartbuy post in 90 days, 10x partner transaction points in the next statement cycle, Forex reload points within 90 days, and so on...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah, they do know if points for any given transaction have posted or not, so they clearly have an itemised points statement they are able to access. But the differences in the time spans allotted for points from various categories to post are dizzying. I've been told in the past that Amazon transactions on Smartbuy post in 90 days, 10x partner transaction points in the next statement cycle, Forex reload points within 90 days, and so on...
And these (posting timelines) keep changing.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:59 am

New 10x partners has been announced.... And the page starts out with a lie " Diners 10X Rewards just got bigger and better with exciting new brands! "

The partners now are -
  • Myntra
  • Swiggy
  • BookMyShow
  • PayZapp
  • Zoomcar
  • Godrej Nature’s Basket
While the list has cut some of my favourites, the inclusion of PayZapp is interesting. Does that mean website that accepts PayZapp payments is going to get 10x rewards!

The best news is that the 9x posts at the time of settlement so T+2 days or so.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:16 pm

Ugh, Uber and Big Basket gone - those were the ones I used most.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:24 pm

Beautiful. Just downloaded Payzapp and signed up and tried to add my Diners Black as a payment method and it says only Visa/Master/Rupay are accepted.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Tata Cliq is another big loss. Payzapp looks very interesting though, do utility bill payments qualify as well?

Edit : Just realised that most categories under Payzapp lead back to Smartbuy which effectively means they fall under the 15k cap. Maybe time to switch to Infinia?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:30 am

Beautiful. Just downloaded Payzapp and signed up and tried to add my Diners Black as a payment method and it says only Visa/Master/Rupay are accepted.
DCB works... I've added mine. And managed to do the KYC etc. as well.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:32 am

Ugh, Uber and Big Basket gone - those were the ones I used most.
BB is covered under PayZapp. Uber is a big loss for me too. Especially since I use it a lot in the US as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.