Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nihit157
You wont believe what happened : I tried to get Diners Club but couldnt get for some bank technical reason and applied for Jet HDFC card . Today I got 2 HDFC World Cards (1 Add on) and one Diners Club Rewardz. So I am gonna avail the 10x offer now ....
Just a reminder: The 10x offer ends on 31st March, so you better hurry.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetPrivilege
Originally Posted by deovrat
Just a reminder: The 10x offer ends on 31st March, so you better hurry.
Yeah I will book in a couple of days but the thing is I got 2 credit cards at once even though I am not even existing HDFC customer and the documents I submitted were not financially accurate to say in a good way. I am not even sure if HDFC knows this as two cards means I have got twice the sanctioned limit.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:01 am

Yeah I will book in a couple of days but the thing is I got 2 credit cards at once even though I am not even existing HDFC customer and the documents I submitted were not financially accurate to say in a good way. I am not even sure if HDFC knows this as two cards means I have got twice the sanctioned limit.
I'd keep the lifetime free Diners and contact bank to get the other one cancelled asap before they charge you for the annual fees in the first month bill.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: AI, 9W
Hi -- i have the HDFC Jet Platinum card & SBI Air India Signature.. with massive devaluation of points + revised Terms of SBI Air india card basis today's email, should i explore HDFC Jet Diners?

Pl advise.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by sidjain000
Hi -- i have the HDFC Jet Platinum card & SBI Air India Signature.. with massive devaluation of points + revised Terms of SBI Air india card basis today's email, should i explore HDFC Jet Diners?

Pl advise.
If you already have one Jet affiliated card, then I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket with Jet Diners if I were you.

I would rather go for the regular versions of HDFC Diners (Rewardz/Premium/Black) which can transfer to about 13 different airline and hotel partners, including Jet itself.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I will say, it may be prudent to wait for what happens after March 31st. The great offers are ending and unless you have a major spending imminent on one of the 10x merchants, I suggest to wait and see what HDFC does after 31st March.

If you already have one Jet affiliated card, then I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket with Jet Diners if I were you.

I would rather go for the regular versions of HDFC Diners (Rewardz/Premium/Black) which can transfer to about 13 different airline and hotel partners, including Jet itself.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I will say, it may be prudent to wait for what happens after March 31st. The great offers are ending and unless you have a major spending imminent on one of the 10x merchants, I suggest to wait and see what HDFC does after 31st March.
Thats true, but cards like HDFC Diners / Citi PremierMiles are more useful for folks like me who have grown disillusioned of AI's recent series of devaluations and the negligible value left in Flying Returns.

Everyday use of above 2 cards even without special offers, may not generate as many number of AI miles as the AI-SBI card does; but it will generate a significant amount of flexible currency that transfers to multiple airline and hotel loyalty programs. I value this much more than AI miles.

e.g. INR 300 will generate 12 AI miles with AI-SBI card. INR 300 will also generate 10 AAdvantage miles/10 Krisflyer miles with HDFC Diners Black.

1 AA mile = ~ 3 AI miles for me.

This is my own logic anyway. YMMV.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:20 pm

I agree with AA miles being lot more valuable than AI.

My thinking about waiting was, HDFC may come up with something else to replace the 10X offer. Say a sign up bonus or may be some bonus on a different card.

Thats true, but cards like HDFC Diners / Citi PremierMiles are more useful for folks like me who have grown disillusioned of AI's recent series of devaluations and the negligible value left in Flying Returns.

Everyday use of above 2 cards even without special offers, may not generate as many number of AI miles as the AI-SBI card does; but it will generate a significant amount of flexible currency that transfers to multiple airline and hotel loyalty programs. I value this much more than AI miles.

e.g. INR 300 will generate 12 AI miles with AI-SBI card. INR 300 will also generate 10 AAdvantage miles/10 Krisflyer miles with HDFC Diners Black.

1 AA mile = ~ 3 AI miles for me.

This is my own logic anyway. YMMV.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: AI, 9W
Thanks Deovrat.. would yyou suggest that i upgrade from HDFC Jet signature to some other HDFC card, while holding onto SBI Airindia?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I'd keep the lifetime free Diners and contact bank to get the other one cancelled asap before they charge you for the annual fees in the first month bill.
So it turns out I got both cards lifetime free!!

Called up yesterday to ask for my joining points and they said I am inelgible for same as I dint pay anything. So I have decided to keep both.

Only problem if some day HDFC discovers they gave me 2 cards accidentaly , can they just cancel one... will they ask me.. or leave it as it is as long as I maintain a healthy credit balance???

If anyone has received two cards at once and HDFC has cancelled one on its own please let me know.

Also when are you elgible for upgrade of your credit card limit ... is there any criteria...?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:18 pm

Also when are you elgible for upgrade of your credit card limit ... is there any criteria...?
By all accounts, at least 6 months of billing cycles are to be completed before the card limit could be enhanced. There are reports that HDFC are proactive in increasing the limit depending on your usage.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
10x

any update from HDFC on the new 10x partners given the 31st March deadline is over?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by paragbmehta
any update from HDFC on the new 10x partners given the 31st March deadline is over?
I personally asked HDFC Bank reps about the issue, but they said they didn't have an update on this issue (as expected ).

In the meanwhile, Cleartrip has indicated on their website that the 10x offer is extended till 30th April.
Bookmyshow has indicated that they are offering 10x rewards till April 2017.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:38 am

I personally asked HDFC Bank reps about the issue, but they said they didn't have an update on this issue (as expected ).

In the meanwhile, Cleartrip has indicated on their website that the 10x offer is extended till 30th April.
Bookmyshow has indicated that they are offering 10x rewards till April 2017.
The terms just got updated to reflect April 2016 but the list of partners is smaller now. Lifestyle / Reliance Digital are gone.

New list is: Snapdeal, Flipkart, Goibibo, Cleartrip, Yatra, Bookmyshow
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

I guess more partners must be added soon. Anyhow its still good for travel bookings . All 3 still der. Only if IRCTC wud return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.