Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Flying Returns - Major changes in FFP Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by paag
Make sure you upload passport copy should you have any international travel on our account.
Guess what..? AI-FR team has rejected the copy of my passport as a valid documentary evidence as a part of KYC process.

Their response via an email is as follows:
Dear !@#$%&*,

Thank you for completing the requested KYC.

Upon checking your account we have noticed that the address mentioned on your passport copy uploaded by you does not match with the address registered in your account.

We request you to visit our website www.flyingreturns.co.in to upload any of the following documents so as to enable us to verify your address reflecting in your account.

1) Aadhar
2) Pan card
3) Voter ID
4) Utility bill (not older than 2 months)

Kindly note you can upload a document with a maximum size of 400 KB.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Kind regards,

)(*&%$
Membership Services Team
Flying Returns Member Service Center
www.flyingreturns.co.in
This is the first time ever, that a Government of India issued ID has been rejected in India, that too by the National Carrier. As a resident with Non-Indian mailing address, Aadhar / PAN / Voter ID is not an option.

Besides being a waste of time and creating an unplesent experience for the FFP members, they also seem to be racing together with the JetKids on levels of the IQ..!

Last edited by GuyFromBOM; Dec 20, 2015 at 3:36 am
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
I wonder how they will verify the address from the PAN card copy.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:04 am

@GuyfromBOM

This is my guess about your situation (since I am also in the same boat)

It could be due to Address entered (by you) during recent fresh registration may not be "exactly" matching with your passport's.

I noticed while entering address, there was length restriction in text box (address line1 and 2). It was not allowing me to enter address as it is in my passport. I had to compromise on spelling (Block was changed to Blk)

They (AI's FF agency) being bots, could have naturally rejected it.

Stupid as it may seem, I have experienced same from Banks too (private banks who require KYC updates every 3 years).
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:48 am

So my KYC was rejected because the passport has middle name and on Air India card the middle name is missing. Now they insist that I put the middle name as part of first name and also add it in the card or KYC won't be verified.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Guess what..? AI-FR team has rejected the copy of my passport as a valid documentary evidence as a part of KYC process.

Their response via an email is as follows:

This is the first time ever, that a Government of India issued ID has been rejected in India, that too by the National Carrier. As a resident with Non-Indian mailing address, Aadhar / PAN / Voter ID is not an option.

Besides being a waste of time and creating an unplesent experience for the FFP members, they also seem to be racing together with the JetKids on levels of the IQ..!
I am still unable to understand why does a ffp account need KYC done !!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:57 am

During the kyc check, they want email ids and phone numbers which are not common across ffp accounts.. this is a funny requirement since I am sure in many cases (as mine), there would be common email ids for easy tracking etc..

Am not at all sure why they want to achieve by this kyc activity other than pissing off folks..
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:59 am

OTP to foreign cell number

Seems OTP is not working for foreign cell phones ? Anybody successful in getting otp to their foreign cell numbers ?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
these jokers at flying returns are amazing. After doing my KYC, I am not able to log in using my password. now when I try to go to forgot password, i never get the OTP. some things never change I guess !!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:09 am

Finally after few emails back and forth, my KYC has been verified and luckily I am still able to login
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Seems OTP is not working for foreign cell phones ? Anybody successful in getting otp to their foreign cell numbers ?
Works
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Worked to a Singapore mobile a week ago.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Have they fixed the KYC submission process yet? I kept getting a error on the email OTP entered not being valid, and haven't tried for the last few days.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
Worked to a Singapore mobile a week ago.
thanks for letting me know. Did not work on my Moscow mobile.

Originally Posted by Savage25
Have they fixed the KYC submission process yet? I kept getting a error on the email OTP entered not being valid, and haven't tried for the last few days.
Hope they fix this soon. Worked on my Indian number but not on intl one. Funny thing is they expect a different cell number and email id for each ffp and have no clue how that is mandatory for any KYC.
Also, no clue since when is KYC mandatory for ffp's !!!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:52 am

thanks for letting me know. Did not work on my Moscow mobile.

Hope they fix this soon. Worked on my Indian number but not on intl one. Funny thing is they expect a different cell number and email id for each ffp and have no clue how that is mandatory for any KYC.
Also, no clue since when is KYC mandatory for ffp's !!!
Many banks / financial institutions are initiating this, with a provision of a special form, incase the number / email is common for multiple members of the same family.

IMO, the framework is not as much a problem, as much as it's implimentation is.!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just completed registration for wife. AI sent a welcome email with two attachments - PDF of virtual card and brochure.

Interesting points found in the brochure:
1. Presently Award Tickets on Star Alliance flights can only be issued through Air India Booking offices. We are in the process of developing Online Redemption of Award Tickets on STAR Partners - Target is for 2017

Also, her login has the facility to download virtual card. While, my login just shows the old unreadable card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.