AI nonstop BLR / DEL- SFO

Old Jan 26, 17, 7:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The decision to go polar or TPAC is done daily based on current jetstreams/weather. SQ and TG did the same back in the A345ULR days. CX still does it on JFK-HKG.
Old Sep 10, 20, 3:27 am

This ULH market must be quite significant... UA announced yesterday that they will start flying SFO-BLR and ORD-DEL next year. The stats on those city pairs must be significantly high for route planners ...
Old Sep 10, 20, 7:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
This ULH market must be quite significant... UA announced yesterday that they will start flying SFO-BLR and ORD-DEL next year. The stats on those city pairs must be significantly high for route planners ...
They're going to be competing with AA & AI with these routes. SFO-BLR seems to be a way more obvious route than SEA-BLR. ORD-DEL should also have good demand - the timing I'm sure will clash with the AI flight.
Old Sep 13, 20, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA - Plt Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA - PLT, UK - Gold
Not sure if these flights will really start or publicity like AA did.. SFO-BLR makes sense and about time some US carrier started ORD... air bubbles are going to stay for a while I feel and direct ULH routings are way forward... if AA doesn’t step up (and unlikely given their recent domestic focus).. time to embrace UA and goodbye to OW flights for me at least..
Old Sep 14, 20, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is there really so much demand for non-stops to India?
Old Sep 14, 20, 1:34 am

One would assume that people who plan such routes evaluate available data ... besides the IATA BSP reporting that shows the number and value of tickets issued between two cities, UA also has access to the data from the A+ alliance with AC and the LH group that covers all transatlantic traffic, even onwards to Asia. So there must be significant value on the California-India market if AA and UA show interest to ply that route.
Old Sep 14, 20, 5:26 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Is there really so much demand for non-stops to India?
Of course their decision would be more data etc. driven rather than intuition & "I guess we could try this" methods. But this is a great time to steal pax who would have otherwise preferred to travel via the middle east or EU to the US. Given that non US citizens cannot travel through the EU right now anyways... they can take over a lot of the LH/LX etc. traffic anyways.
Old Sep 14, 20, 10:07 am

Programs: AA - Plt Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA - PLT, UK - Gold
I am one of those they will steal.. used to do QR or BA to ord due to OW allegiance since AA dropped ORD-DEL.. always prefer ULH over stop at LHR..

will miss QR though.. service and lounge at DOH were great..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: