Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounges in Delhi and Mumbai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum

Soon to fly Air India from Delhi to Mumbai - as a Star Alliance gold member I assume I can use a lounge at Delhi airport - what, if any should and could I use?

Am flying to Singapore on SQ out of Mumbai - same question for there - best lounge to use? Am in economy on both legs.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
in del you will have access to the air india lounge in the domestic terminal....its pretty basic but fine to kill a few hours in....
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:36 am

If you have not yet booked your flight, or if you have and are lucky, the Star Gold lounges on the international side of DEL T3 are better than the domestic side (where the AI lounge is your only option). Some DEL-BOM flights which are domestic tags to int'l flights on AI leave from the int'l wing; you can tell by the flight number (<400, I think) and often by the aircraft type. There are 3 *G lounges on the int'l side, of which the SQ lounge has the best food. If you do end up in domestic, the AI lounge there is OK.

From BOM you'll have access to the silver level of the large shared premium lounge, which is actually excellent. Used to include a free foot massage, and good food.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Last time I flew from BOM on SQ, I was offered access to Plaza premium lounge (which is quite basic and poor) and not the one operated by the airport.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
In Delhi there is Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines lounge that are better than the Plaza lounge offerings
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:34 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tirajat
Last time I flew from BOM on SQ, I was offered access to Plaza premium lounge (which is quite basic and poor) and not the one operated by the airport.
Turkish Airlines is also issuing lounge vouchers for their business passengers for the Plaza Premium Lounge in the International Terminal. It's not a lounge worth writing home about.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by tomcat007
In Delhi there is Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines lounge that are better than the Plaza lounge offerings
The PP lounge in B (BTW:which you can access when on LH because the 4 LH group departures at night are far too much for the small lounge) is pretty decent, I like the massage feature.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: Miles & More SEN, Qantas Platinum, Accor Favorite Guest Gold, Thalys Platinum
The Air India lounge at Delhi International is average to sub-standard - the shower facilities are dark, amenities seem borrowed from a 2-star hotel and towels are stained. The food selection is average. A let-down for many Star Alliance customers, and the network should put pressure on AI to up their ante.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Turkish Airlines is also issuing lounge vouchers for their business passengers for the Plaza Premium Lounge in the International Terminal. It's not a lounge worth writing home about.
I flew Turkish business in May and got access to the GVK Silver lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flying AI to the US on Economy as a AI Gold. Does that give me access to either LH or KrisFlyer lounges at DEL T3 when AI has its own lounge ? If yes, which one's is preferable ?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by paag
Flying AI to the US on Economy as a AI Gold. Does that give me access to either LH or KrisFlyer lounges at DEL T3 when AI has its own lounge ? If yes, which one's is preferable ?
It does give you access to all three lounges. Make sure you have the AI FFP no printed on the boarding pass or else are holding an AI Gold card.

I have been to AI and SQ lounges and would take the SQ one for better food options. AI lounge will be quite packed at that hour, being my experience last time. Though check timings of the SQ lounge, might close before your flight is called.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by paag
SQ Lounge > better food (try the Singapore Laksa at the lounge)
LH Lounge > it's fine
AI Lounge > way more seating options than either the SQ or LH lounge. Meh food! AFAIK, only *A in DEL to have showers!

As the poster above has already suggested, make sure your AI FF# appears on your BP, with *G symbol next to it! Also, carry your AI *G physical card with you.

Safe travels!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
AI 349

Hi there,

I am flying AI 349 which is 4 AM departure DEL - BOM ! Is this out
of International departures ? What *G lounges are open at say 2 -3 AM ?

F.A.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The AI domestic lounge is open at that time, but catering is minimal, the hot breakfast items only start at 5am.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Thanks

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The AI domestic lounge is open at that time, but catering is minimal, the hot breakfast items only start at 5am.
Hi there,

Thanks. I just checked that SQ lounge will be closed but LH lounge will be
open until 3:30 AM. Wondering if they are accessible to me Flying AI
from the international terminal..

F.A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.