Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Web Check-In: Cannot Be Reversed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

Just a heads-up on AI - one cannot "offload" as we can on Jet Airways after having done a web check-in!

Unfortunately realized this today, which have flights on other *A members, preventing me from changing my seat on the onward sectors!

So, the guidance would be to only select the AI flight sector if you wanted to check-in in advance...

Personally, I wouldn't even bother checking-in until the airport so that the characters/system doesn't touch the record/reservation!

Was given the Airport Duty Manager's telephone number - but of course nobody picks up over there!

(Oh, but they *can* change your seat on the AI flight, FYI! )
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Was given the Airport Duty Manager's telephone number - but of course nobody picks up over there!
which airport????
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Just a heads-up on AI - one cannot "offload" as we can on Jet Airways after having done a web check-in!

Unfortunately realized this today, which have flights on other *A members, preventing me from changing my seat on the onward sectors!

So, the guidance would be to only select the AI flight sector if you wanted to check-in in advance...

Personally, I wouldn't even bother checking-in until the airport so that the characters/system doesn't touch the record/reservation!

(Oh, but they *can* change your seat on the AI flight, FYI! )
You should fly on a flight with a "VIP" on board, that may help you getting offloaded

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/47904785.cms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.