Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India how sad

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Air India how sad

As the national carrier of India a land that exports more IT guys than any other country how can it be that they have issues on their website to claim missing miles?
Still after 6 months of trying to get missing miles credited by sending to the email address it really is such a joke to be dealing with this company. Its a national disgrace.
I thought having a single bar of soap in the business class cabin of 787 was unusual.... with this mentality no wonder I am dreaming to get the points credited.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by barry willis
As the national carrier of India a land that exports more IT guys than any other country how can it be that they have issues on their website to claim missing miles?
I think you just answered your own question.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the flying returns website is a joke....50% of my flights do not credit on their own & i have to end up emailing multiple times to get this sorted....
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Somehow all the flights that I have taken in the last 2 months have been credited within 2 days. Not a lot of flying but approximately 16 flights, which also included international sectors, partner airline flights, as well as using get upfront offer in DXB, DEL. I have almost gave up on the habit of saving my boarding pass. I am actually very happy with the crediting of miles and the speed at which it is done.

Originally Posted by Keyser
the flying returns website is a joke....50% of my flights do not credit on their own & i have to end up emailing multiple times to get this sorted....
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Somehow all the flights that I have taken in the last 2 months have been credited within 2 days. Not a lot of flying but approximately 16 flights, which also included international sectors, partner airline flights, as well as using get upfront offer in DXB, DEL. I have almost gave up on the habit of saving my boarding pass. I am actually very happy with the crediting of miles and the speed at which it is done.
the flights that credit on their own do so pretty quickly....some credit by the time i land & others within a couple of days....but if they don't credit by themselves within 2 days then they won't credit unless you chase those miles down....
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:51 pm

barry... Air India is Indian govt owned, there is little motivation there. Anybody who's any good at IT would've gone to the private sector.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Did your boarding card reflect your FF number? Thats usually the key.

i started asking the fella at the check-in counter to verify and the problem went away!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashishp
yes....i always make sure the number is on the bp....
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
One of life's greatest paradox....how can a country full of computer nerds have airlines who have such rubbish IT!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:58 am

I remember Air India outsourced its Loyalty program to a third party vendor and hence the coordination between them and the airline hasn't been at its best. I'm surprised at the criteria they used to decide such a lucrative business to be managed someone who is not even competent and has no credible experience to run a program of such size.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Ok to add to the buggy IT system. trying to pay for a flight from IST to CCU, the connection time in Delhi is 1:45 hours above the Minimum Connection time, however the payment page states that the minimum connection time cannot be met. The call agent can book the same in a single PNR, however I will need to go to airport office to pay for the same. Insane.

Originally Posted by barry willis
Still after 6 months of trying to get missing miles credited by sending to the email address it really is such a joke to be dealing with this company. Its a national disgrace.
I thought having a single bar of soap in the business class cabin of 787 was unusual.... with this mentality no wonder I am dreaming to get the points credited.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Ok to add to the buggy IT system. trying to pay for a flight from IST to CCU, the connection time in Delhi is 1:45 hours above the Minimum Connection time, however the payment page states that the minimum connection time cannot be met. The call agent can book the same in a single PNR, however I will need to go to airport office to pay for the same. Insane.
They have been having issues with their partner airlines. I assume that SITA (their IT systems vendor) may have somthing to do with this.

If you look at the list of flights operated by partners under the AI codeshare flight numbers, most of the stations/ cities aren't even listed on the AI booking system.

Hopefully they sort out sooner than later.

WRT the credit of miles, I get those promptly. Possibly because I always book on AI site and have my FFP # on the PNR and the boarding pass.

And yeah, I still save my boarding pass.. not just recent ones, I have almost all of them from my Kingfisher flights!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Question

Originally Posted by ashishp

i started asking the fella at the check-in counter to verify and the problem went away!
yes....i always make sure the number is on the bp....
Any tips on how we could ensure the FFP number is there on the boarding pass? (my questions listed below)

My AI flights are primarily on business and my travel desk books the ticket. I always request them to use my AI FFP number when booking my tickets.

My questions:
  1. In case the AI FFP number was used during the booking, but is not turning up on the boarding pass. Anyway to rectify this?
  2. If the AI FFP number was not used during the booking ..anyway I can link the ticket/boarding pass to my AI FFP before catching the flight?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monkatpeace
Any tips on how we could ensure the FFP number is there on the boarding pass?
the easiest way is to give the check-in agent your card or frequent flyer number when checking in for your flight....
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
the easiest way is to give the check-in agent your card or frequent flyer number when checking in for your flight....
Thank you .

Ch33rs,
Monk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.