Search

AI international lounge in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
AI international lounge in Delhi

Hi,

What is this lounge in T3 International like please? Does it have showers that are available? We have an 8 hour layover connecting from IST to MEL in June.

Is the Wifi still broken?

I only found one or two reviews that are recent, and they were awful.

Otherwise, we might consider the transit hotel.

Last edited by sabbasolo; May 9, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Old May 10, 2015, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the lounge is fine but i would not want to spend 8 hours here....wifi worked last time i was there about a month ago....they do have showers....
Old May 10, 2015, 11:43 am

I'm not sure you can get access to the departure area with such a long layover. Better check. I'd get a sleeping pod (sam's snooze) or a room at the transit hotel (eaton smart).
Old May 10, 2015, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you are on a AI J revenue fare to MEL they will comp your eaton hotel stay. The lounge is OK, wifi works (as of February), but 8 hours is tough..
Old May 10, 2015, 2:52 pm

Air India T3 Lounge

I was at this lounge 3 days back. The lounge is comfortable for a short visit, internet works fine, choice of food in dinner was good, but showers were not functional.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you are on a AI J revenue fare to MEL they will comp your eaton hotel stay. The lounge is OK, wifi works (as of February), but 8 hours is tough..
Thanks for the info - how would I arrange the comped Eaton stay? I am on two separate tickets (for good reason), so my AI ticket is revenue J originating from DEL . If I don't book Eaton in advance, will I have a problem? Can I get to Eaton with a "Confirmation slip" and not a boarding pass, or will I be able to get a boarding pass at 1:30am in transit?
Old May 11, 2015, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AI sells heavily discounted J fares from Europe to Australia to fill the MEL/SYD flight. To soften the blow of the long layover you get free Eaton hours Not if you are starting in DEL.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AI sells heavily discounted J fares from Europe to Australia to fill the MEL/SYD flight. To soften the blow of the long layover you get free Eaton hours Not if you are starting in DEL.
Thanks, very useful info, I have booked the Eaton.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
You are star alliance gold so you can also use the excellent Lufthansa and Singapore airlines lounges if the timing suits In the evening.. The latter opens at around 1730 AFAIK and shuts just as LH opens Great booze good food

update... you are presumably connecting TK to AI. The SQ lounge will open 0630-0930 if you care to use it. Nice hot breakfast great coffee and newspapers.. and wifi of course.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
I'm on one of the highly discounted J fares Oliver2002 mentioned, flying from CDD to SYD through DEL in July.

I arrive in the morning, and from what I can tell, AI will be the only *A lounge open during my layover.

Will I be able to take a shower?

I also have access to priority club lounges, but they look basic.

It's a 4 hr layover. I assume I don't need do any customs, since I'm just transiting through.

Thoughts?
Old May 7, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
I'm on one of the highly discounted J fares Oliver2002 mentioned, flying from CDD to SYD through DEL in July.

I arrive in the morning, and from what I can tell, AI will be the only *A lounge open during my layover.

Will I be able to take a shower?

I also have access to priority club lounges, but they look basic.

It's a 4 hr layover. I assume I don't need do any customs, since I'm just transiting through.

Thoughts?
Yes you'll be able to take a shower in AI lounge, you need to ask at reception for a vacant shower room and they'll give you some toiletries. Pretty functional showers.

No, you won't need to pass through customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.