Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest v/s Jet Privilege

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Etihad Guest v/s Jet Privilege

I have a few domestic flights coming up on Jet and was debating whether I should credit the same to Etihad Guest or Jet Privilege. What do you suggest?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:10 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
It's like someone read my mind.. I was debating the same thing..

After some consideration, I am more bent towards Jet airways.. redemption on Etihad is very pricey.. and they don't give you miles for some flights booked on their own metal, because they are "low price tickets".. that really ticked me off..
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:53 am

Jet is much better value than Etihad. Recently Jet removed YQ from redemption (both domestic and international), making them super cheap.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've started crediting everything to etihad now....even though jet removed yq, their mileage requirements for international business class is too high now....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've started crediting everything to etihad now....even though jet removed yq, their mileage requirements for international business class is too high now....
I fully agree because Jet airways service standards going down. IMHO its like sinking ship & better to shift from Jetairways to etihaad.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
Have you actually been able to get anything to credit from Jet to Etihad Guest lately? I've got 6 different flights pending going back to November last year where the systems seem to have totally broken down.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:47 am

Crediting to Jet Privilege may be better in some cases due to their new tier point earning structure.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:12 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by vikasr
Crediting to Jet Privilege may be better in some cases due to their new tier point earning structure.
Indeed.. I recently fly Etihad BLR-AUH and credited the miles to Etihad, only to realize, they don't give points on their own flight for E class booking.. Jet would have given me 50%.. something is better than nothing conundrum..!!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have a look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Have you actually been able to get anything to credit from Jet to Etihad Guest lately? I've got 6 different flights pending going back to November last year where the systems seem to have totally broken down.
i have....my latest credit was under a month ago....
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
EY has much lower redemption rates for long haul
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:02 am

EY for some long haul sectors have very low YQ as well along with low mile requirements. I redeemed some 70K miles and about Rs. 4k in taxes for F from Zrh to Del.

But if you are flying 9W then crediting to JP may be better off you book in higher fare classes.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

initially i had been crediting all my 9w flights to ey but its now been a couple of years since i stopped flying ey....recently took a few flights with them & put down my 9w frequent flyer number on the reservations....does anyone know how long it takes for ey flights to credit to 9w????its been over a week since my first flight....
Old May 4, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Not particularly relevant, but recently took a 9W flight and put in a 9W FF number; and they hadn't credited the miles for their own metal after 8 days !
It took asking over twitter for them to get it done.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deovrat
Not particularly relevant, but recently took a 9W flight and put in a 9W FF number; and they hadn't credited the miles for their own metal after 8 days !
It took asking over twitter for them to get it done.
haven't credited anything to 9w in a while....all recent flights on 9w have been credited to dl....hopefully these ey flights will post in a while & i won't have to follow up....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.