FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways 'Book your meal' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1654230-jet-airways-book-your-meal.html)

IndyHoosier Feb 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Jet Airways 'Book your meal'

Has anyone pre-selected their meal on business or first using Jet's 'Book your meal' feature? Experiences, good or bad?

Keyser Feb 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier (Post 24334332)
Has anyone pre-selected their meal on business or first using Jet's 'Book your meal' feature? Experiences, good or bad?

i have....flying tomorrow so will post an update....

A2A Feb 13, 2015 9:31 pm

bad experiences. i selected meals but they never stick to your PNR. Eventually on the plane the crew had no idea of what I had pre-ordered

tirajat Feb 14, 2015 2:55 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 24348698)
bad experiences. i selected meals but they never stick to your PNR. Eventually on the plane the crew had no idea of what I had pre-ordered

Likewise. In none of the last 7 flights that I took, the crew had any clue about my pre-selected meals.

IndyHoosier Feb 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Thank you all for your feedback. It is amazing that an airline (or any business for that matter) would add a feature like this without making sure that it properly works. All it does is upset your customers when it doesn't work, most of whom would have been perfectly fine if the option didn't exist in the first place.

I have never flown business or any other class on Jet before. Besides 'Book your meal' not working, how are the food and drinks in business?

ashishp Feb 14, 2015 10:58 pm

In my experience, Jet usually gets special meals 9 times out of 10. AI domestic record is 1 out of 10, except on BOM-DEL.

What is "Book a Meal"? How is it different from pre-selecting special meal at time of booking?

Anish Feb 15, 2015 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ashishp (Post 24353411)
In my experience, Jet usually gets special meals 9 times out of 10. AI domestic record is 1 out of 10, except on BOM-DEL.

What is "Book a Meal"? How is it different from pre-selecting special meal at time of booking?

It's for pre-selecting dish options in F and J on International sectors only.

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...kYourMeal.aspx

oxymoron Feb 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 24346904)
i have....flying tomorrow so will post an update....

So, how was your experience ?

I have a flight coming up in J. Does it makes sense to use this service ?

Keyser Feb 16, 2015 4:00 am

Originally Posted by oxymoron (Post 24356599)
So, how was your experience ?

I have a flight coming up in J. Does it makes sense to use this service ?

they got it right on the ewr-bru sector but had no idea on the bru-del sector....

oxymoron Feb 16, 2015 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 24359098)
they got it right on the ewr-bru sector but had no idea on the bru-del sector....

I will be doing BRU-DEL next week in J with 2 small kids. This will be our first time with 9W.

Could you give some details? How was it in terms of food, entertainment, seat comfort crew etc. ? How is the lounge in BRU ?

Keyser Feb 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by oxymoron (Post 24359218)
I will be doing BRU-DEL next week in J with 2 small kids. This will be our first time with 9W.

Could you give some details? How was it in terms of food, entertainment, seat comfort crew etc. ? How is the lounge in BRU ?

food was fine....i've always enjoyed the food on 9w international flights....

entertainment is sufficient for a 7-8 hour flight....

crew is attentive & helpful....

the only problem i have is with the seats....while comfortable to sit in, i find them extremely uncomfortable when fully flat due to the fact that there is very little area to move your legs when you are lying down....

oxymoron Feb 18, 2015 1:43 am

Thanks for your helpful reply.

How about the lounge ? Is there a play corner in the lounge for kids ?

Keyser Feb 18, 2015 6:25 am

Originally Posted by oxymoron (Post 24370803)
Thanks for your helpful reply.

How about the lounge ? Is there a play corner in the lounge for kids ?

i like the lounge in bru....there is comfortable seating, the food choices are good & the staff is attentive....

i think there is a area for kids but i might be mistaken....

oxymoron Feb 18, 2015 7:14 am

From your experience it seems 9W has improved a lot in comparison to what we were hearing last year. Thanks again!

AllAboutFlying Feb 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by oxymoron (Post 24371701)
From your experience it seems 9W has improved a lot in comparison to what we were hearing last year. Thanks again!

Yes, they have been Etihaded !