Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Award inventory (I class) must be available on the flight you’re trying to upgrade. Doesn’t matter how many seats are available for revenue booking.

Quick way to check is to see if you’re able to do a regular award booking for that flight. If you can see availability then you can upgrade. If you’re still having trouble upgrading you can call in.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:03 am

Most of the flights on this chart dont seem to operate anymore and its very dated. Anyone have the actual route list? Same issue with the interactive maps etc

https://www.flyingreturns.co.in/rede...t/dart_new.php
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Shivthilak
Most of the flights on this chart dont seem to operate anymore and its very dated. Anyone have the actual route list? Same issue with the interactive maps etc

https://www.flyingreturns.co.in/rede...t/dart_new.php
It's all there in the hardest way to read possible on the AI website under FLYING RETURNS - REDEEM MILES
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
It's all there in the hardest way to read possible on the AI website under FLYING RETURNS - REDEEM MILES
Thank you! Will check it out. Hope is isnt that ugly colorful pdf with zones! :P
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:16 am

A lot of these flights even under this page dont exist anymore. Example Chennai-Male. I guess we should call them and figure it out
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:55 am

Why are you worried about flights that don't exist?

Are you seeing the flight you want to take over there? The chart is as up-to-date as it can be. If you're still unsure... you could ask here or login and try to book your route - that will be pretty accurate for sure.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
calling in is recommended....there have been times that i have not been able to upgrade online but calling them has worked out....
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Why are you worried about flights that don't exist?

Are you seeing the flight you want to take over there? The chart is as up-to-date as it can be. If you're still unsure... you could ask here or login and try to book your route - that will be pretty accurate for sure.
Im not worried about flights that dont exist. The flight I wanted didnt exist. So I tried checking for other flights and tried two more and none of them exist anymore so wanted to check if there was a better resource. Only way out is to try a few more combinations and hope to get lucky
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Shivthilak
Im not worried about flights that dont exist. The flight I wanted didnt exist. So I tried checking for other flights and tried two more and none of them exist anymore so wanted to check if there was a better resource. Only way out is to try a few more combinations and hope to get lucky
Login & book...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:40 am

Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:45 am

AI has joined a long list of airlines refusing to fly to the US because of the 5G deployment:

Problem seems limited to the 777 and not Dreamliner:

Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:22 am

Things are back to normal now after the FAA's clarification:

Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I'm trying to book a couple of award flights on AI's website and no matter what route and date I select, it shows up this error - "We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [977])"

Am I missing something here?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Anish
I'm trying to book a couple of award flights on AI's website and no matter what route and date I select, it shows up this error - "We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [977])"

Am I missing something here?
I'm getting the same error message. I guess the site is down. Calling would be best in this situation.
Anish likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I was looking to book 4 award tickets in Business from Vienna to Delhi in the 1st week of June. Managed to get 2 tickets.

Further 2 tickets are available in Economy only. Is it possible to upgrade these points tickets using further points in the airport if seats are available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.