Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Another great option is the BA upgrade. I drop to Silver later this year so will use that to bump up to Gold again. ^

By the way do we call the concierge or a different number to request the start up goodies like hotel vouchers and miles? My pack has come but I am travelling for another couple of weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by onlysuites
OT but do you like EK skywards? I find it one of the worst for redemptions. Its so expensive.
I'll admit - it is not *fantastic* for redemptions, and I've probably flown Business with them 3 times in the last year - but I do enjoy their planes & service. Buying a business class return ticket to Dubai is about 54k, which is not bad considering Qatar charges 74k (though the Qatar dreamliner planes are wicked).

Still, I always have to fly to Australia (melbourne), and Malaysian Airlines or Emirates serves as a much better option for me in recent past - as I don't believe there are any direct flights from Asia to Melbourne via Ethihad (have to go via Sydney or Brisbane - not worth it).

I notice Prestige gives you *up to* 15% discount on Business/First class (not through points), has anyone seen if it's worth it or not?

EDIT: I wonder - has anyone even been able to triple dip with the PM card? Aka - Use the Citi PM card to purchase a ticket on makemytrip, so you get Makemytrip points x 10, Citi PM points, AND Frequent Flyer miles - or does that not exactly work?

Last edited by jubbing; Jan 12, 2015 at 5:27 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jubbing
as I don't believe there are any direct flights from Asia to Melbourne via Ethihad (have to go via Sydney or Brisbane - not worth it).
EY has a non stop flight to MEL. Might be worth comparing what they charge as I have always found EY to offer better value on redemptions.

EY 460 AUH 21:45 MEL 18:20 +1 77W 0 1234567 13:35
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:39 am

EY has a non stop flight to MEL. Might be worth comparing what they charge as I have always found EY to offer better value on redemptions.

EY 460 AUH 21:45 MEL 18:20 +1 77W 0 1234567 13:35
Ah yes, if you mean that way then yes, but that's 3.5 hours to AUH in the opposite direction, then wait for however long, THEN direct 13.5 hrs to Melbourne. It's questionable if it's better I suppse
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah yes, if you mean that way then yes, but that's 3.5 hours to AUH in the opposite direction, then wait for however long, THEN direct 13.5 hrs to Melbourne. It's questionable if it's better I suppse
Isn't it the same with EK though? Anyway back on topic. I think Amex has a tie up with EK so might be worth looking into one of their cards.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:55 am

Isn't it the same with EK though? Anyway back on topic. I think Amex has a tie up with EK so might be worth looking into one of their cards.
Yes, but I meant there was also Malaysian Airlines (Singapore Airlines too for Star Alliance I suppose). I have a weird stigma against AMEX, mostly because friends have had bad experiences with them.

Otherwise there's always SC Skywards card, but I still see much better points structure on Prestige.

Last edited by jubbing; Jan 12, 2015 at 11:10 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
By the way do we call the concierge or a different number to request the start up goodies like hotel vouchers and miles? My pack has come but I am travelling for another couple of weeks.
call concierge & they will set everything up....
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
call concierge & they will set everything up....
Done, very efficient. ^ Love the fact there is no need to go through punching in numbers when you call them.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I already have a Taj Inner Circle Epicure Plus Card which would expire in the next 2-3 months.

Is it possible to get the existing Taj account linked with the Prestige Card so the renewal of the Taj Inner Circle is also saved?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:20 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by sweets61250
I already have a Taj Inner Circle Epicure Plus Card which would expire in the next 2-3 months.

Is it possible to get the existing Taj account linked with the Prestige Card so the renewal of the Taj Inner Circle is also saved?
yes
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:26 pm

I was able to seamlessly upgrade my dad's Premier Miles card to a Prestige card with just a single call.

They didn't ask for proof of income, possibly because he has had this card thru its many iterations, starting from when it was the Gold JCCC.

He doesn't travel much so the loyalty program status upgrades aren't of much use to him. Has anyone had any success in getting Citi to agree to award this status to an add on card holder?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:39 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by awarty
He doesn't travel much so the loyalty program status upgrades aren't of much use to him. Has anyone had any success in getting Citi to agree to award this status to an add on card holder?
nope. not possible
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:20 am

So, I checked with Citi for the PREMIER MiLES card, not the Prestige, this was their message:
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Citibank!

As per records, your card has been rejected due to internal policies and guidelines of the bank.

We regret to inform you that we would not be able to extend the Credit Card relationship to you.

Assuring of best services at all times.
This was the second time they said this, and when I ask what does that even mean, they say they are not able to tell me because of internal policies. Is this bank a joke or something?

Can I get a card? No. Why not? Because we can't tell you. Wat.....

This email was from my relationship manager btw, they are pretty useless and I will be closing my Citibank account and going to bank which isn't run by morons.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 am

So, I checked with Citi for the PREMIER MiLES card, not the Prestige, this was their message:

This was the second time they said this, and when I ask what does that even mean, they say they are not able to tell me because of internal policies. Is this bank a joke or something?

Can I get a card? No. Why not? Because we can't tell you. Wat.....

This email was from my relationship manager btw, they are pretty useless and I will be closing my Citibank account and going to bank which isn't run by morons.
Did you try getting a CIBIL report ? As you have mentioned elsewhere - you are not a Indian - maybe you dont have a decent enough credit history yet in India.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Did you try getting a CIBIL report ? As you have mentioned elsewhere - you are not a Indian - maybe you dont have a decent enough credit history yet in India.
I understand if I don't have enough credit, but they won't even tell me if THAT's the case. Anyways, I have another HSBC card application which has been approved, guess I'll just stick with that then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.