FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1644895-consolidated-india-based-mileage-related-credit-cards-thread-2015-onwards.html)

AJLondon Jan 11, 2015 5:15 am

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

As suggested, please use this thread for all discussion on Citibank premier miles, prestige cards etc.

The earlier archive thread can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...s-card-99.html

Please continue discussion in this new thread going forward.

Thanks!

jubbing Jan 11, 2015 5:21 am

Can non-Indian's get the Citibank Prestige? I seem to be having trouble getting ANY Citi cards (I do have a PIO card and I work in India full time).

And yes, I have a Citibank Bank Account :/

onlysuites Jan 11, 2015 7:11 am

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 24143130)
Can non-Indian's get the Citibank Prestige? I seem to be having trouble getting ANY Citi cards (I do have a PIO card and I work in India full time).

And yes, I have a Citibank Bank Account :/

Do you have a PAN card? You should be able to if you have that and meet their income thresholds.

jubbing Jan 11, 2015 8:26 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 24143465)
Do you have a PAN card? You should be able to if you have that and meet their income thresholds.

Yes of course, couldn't work without it. What's the income thresholds for different cards at Citi? I couldn't see anything on their website

AJLondon Jan 11, 2015 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 24143788)
Yes of course, couldn't work without it. What's the income thresholds for different cards at Citi? I couldn't see anything on their website

Prestige starts with a card limit of 5L per month. Do you have any credit card, even non Citi, with such a limit? That will help. As will having a citigold or citi private relaionship - in which case your RM should be able to push it for you.

onlysuites Jan 11, 2015 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 24143788)

Speak with your relationship manager at your branch. He should be able to guide you and process the application.

jubbing Jan 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Guys, with regards to the Prestige Card - help me understand why exactly everyone says it is worth Rs 20k per month (aka Rs 1700 per month). That is an extremely expensive card, when compared to others so even after reading up on it, why does everyone claim it is so valuable? 4 to 1 points Ratio I get, but everything else, is a bit of a hit or miss.

A2A Jan 12, 2015 2:36 am

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 24148160)
Guys, with regards to the Prestige Card - help me understand why exactly everyone says it is worth Rs 20k per month (aka Rs 1700 per month). That is an extremely expensive card, when compared to others so even after reading up on it, why does everyone claim it is so valuable? 4 to 1 points Ratio I get, but everything else, is a bit of a hit or miss.

Prestige is not just a mileage earning card, but a lifestyle card. 5 priority passes for unlimited use would itself cost me more than that amount of 20K, along comes Taj status, Hilton status, 2 limo rides per annum, Etihad status with 5K miles, 10K airmiles, 10K at hotels (Taj or ITC), BA status, 50K USD worth of travel insurance and so on... so it pays for itself in my book.

If you're not a frequent traveller, then of course, you don't see most of the benefits.

onlysuites Jan 12, 2015 4:00 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 24148614)
2 limo rides per annum.

What exactly is this?

manish83 Jan 12, 2015 4:10 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 24148816)
What exactly is this?

From Citibank website:

Arrive in style and on time with two annual complimentary airport limousine transfers and yQ airport Meet & Assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region.

The limit of two complimentary yQ meet and assist and VIP limo service is shared across primary and supplementary cardmember(s). Offer is valid till 31 December 2015.

onlysuites Jan 12, 2015 4:12 am

Originally Posted by manish83 (Post 24148843)
From Citibank website:

Arrive in style and on time with two annual complimentary airport limousine transfers and yQ airport Meet & Assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region.

The limit of two complimentary yQ meet and assist and VIP limo service is shared across primary and supplementary cardmember(s). Offer is valid till 31 December 2015.

So in a way free transfer to/from your hotel? Does it state any max miles allowed? I couldn't find it anywhere.

manish83 Jan 12, 2015 4:18 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 24148847)
So in a way free transfer to/from your hotel? Does it state any max miles allowed? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Not just airport transfer but Meet & Greet as well which means express immigration and security clearance etc.

The detailed terms & condition come with the Prestige Kit but I remember reading a limit of 4 pax and maximum miles to the city centre. You can check with the Prestige concierge for exact terms.

onlysuites Jan 12, 2015 4:23 am

Originally Posted by manish83 (Post 24148857)
Not just airport transfer but Meet & Greet as well which means express immigration and security clearance etc.

The detailed terms & condition come with the Prestige Kit but I remember reading a limit of 4 pax and maximum miles to the city centre. You can check with the Prestige concierge for exact terms.

This is worth 5k each at least if used well.

jubbing Jan 12, 2015 4:44 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 24148865)
This is worth 5k each at least if used well.

Only if one really requires it to be honest. I wished they gave Qatar or Emirates points instead of Etihad, but at least they give BA points since it is part of the One World - but I ever hardly find myself heading to Europe more to so Malaysia/Australia :(

Still, I see why you say it is so good.

onlysuites Jan 12, 2015 4:47 am

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 24148925)
Only if one really requires it to be honest. I wished they gave Qatar or Emirates points instead of Etihad, but at least they give BA points since it is part of the One World - but I ever hardly find myself heading to Europe more to so Malaysia/Australia :(

Still, I see why you say it is so good.

OT but do you like EK skywards? I find it one of the worst for redemptions. Its so expensive.