Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You're talking about a very very very specific sweet spot redemption. As soon as you step outside the 5-10 super super premium hotels the whole equation falls flat. Now you may have wanted to and then done this and so it has worked out for you. But that's not for everybody.

Here's how I see it: 100k MR points = 50k airline miles. I conservatively value airline miles at Re.1. So they're charging me 70K and giving me 50k in return (there are some more benefits but this is the main one). And yes I may get Rs. 2/mile during redemption but that's not how I'd do the valuation. There's worse value for taking 40k Taj Vouchers for 70k upfront fees.

Secondly the earning rate... 1.25% domestic and 3.75 international at the same valuation is terrible. More so for such a premium card.

Thirdly the 15X MR on hotel bookings is a time limited promotion not a feature on the card. And Amex has been doing plenty of promotions in the last 2-3 months (which is good). Including accelerators for paying school fees and insurance and what not. But these are promotions. So if you have hotels to book during this limited period you get benefits. If you don't you're back at getting the measly 1.25% rewards on hotel bookings.

Fourth The card costs $1000!!! That's an insane amount of fees for very limited value. Which other country does Amex charge such insane fees and then give you so little!

Citi Prestige on the other hand: 20k fees = 10k miles + 10k Taj. So you've made your money back. 4% rewards in India & 8% international. No other accelerators though.

Bottom line... would I pay 3.5x Citi fees in the hopes that some promotions come up along the way. No I wouldn't.
As i said. There is no right card or wrong card. What works for you doesnt work for me.

Also there are so many other benefits with amex plat that u are not aware about. U get shangri-la Jade. Status match that to Taj and u get inner circle gold. Last time i checked, citi gives u inner circle silver. Further, with shangri la jade, u get star alliance gold after just doing 3 flights - for a a frequent flier, this is a superb benefit.

Then there is the Itc culinare, i think if u buy the program separately, it is 15k. The best part is, any dining on fridays, u get 33% of the invoice back as points. 1 ITC point= 1.25 marriott point.

Plus u have the taste of platinum dining program. They either give u a bottle of wine/glass of wine/or free dessert at multiple locations. All you have to do is book a table through them. Note that there is no minimum spend. Even if u go out once a month, and assume it is a cheap bottle of wine @1K per bottle, that is 12k per year.

My point being, yes the card is worth $1000, but it doesnt; take a genius to milk 3 times the value from the card.

Cheers!!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Heh... we could keep arguing about this for hours.

Yups aware of all these except ITC to MR (or MB now I guess) points conversion.

With Shangri La you get *G after doing 3 SQ only flights. But if you are doing 3 SQ in 4 months - that's a great benefit. However you can do this only once and not every year. I do it the reverse way since I'm already SQ *G to get Taj IC Gold (which is quite worthless though).

The rest of it all requires forced spends. For instance I already get more than 12k/year from Zomato Gold and others.

So agreed the Shangri La - SQ *G is a great way to optimize benefits. But it is not an Amex Plat benefit at all. The rest are forced spends and not things you do day to day. Day to day you get 1.25% and that sucks.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Heh... we could keep arguing about this for hours.

Yups aware of all these except ITC to MR (or MB now I guess) points conversion.

With Shangri La you get *G after doing 3 SQ only flights. But if you are doing 3 SQ in 4 months - that's a great benefit. However you can do this only once and not every year. I do it the reverse way since I'm already SQ *G to get Taj IC Gold (which is quite worthless though).

The rest of it all requires forced spends. For instance I already get more than 12k/year from Zomato Gold and others.

So agreed the Shangri La - SQ *G is a great way to optimize benefits. But it is not an Amex Plat benefit at all. The rest are forced spends and not things you do day to day. Day to day you get 1.25% and that sucks.
yes. agreed. the daily reward rate is .... and doesnt compare to dcb @3.3% or prestige @4%. My point being, that the 70K is not a waste. saved a big amount by buying FIFA world cup tickets through their concierge

Anyway, always nice to have such discussions- this makes FT such a great place!

Are u expecting any good card releases this year?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Kingboomer
Are u expecting any good card releases this year?
Oh... no one tells me these things in advance at all!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Have you checked the netbanking->credit cards options...Diner points can be transferred to miles using netbanking.
It's not the Diners club card version.

I
Why don't you call in?
This is a company card and I have no details for it. Just know my points balance.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Citi Prestige on the other hand: 20k fees = 10k miles + 10k Taj. So you've made your money back. 4% rewards in India & 8% international. No other accelerators though.
Annual Citigold a/c holder accelerator to top up point earnings by up to 30%.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
DL was dropped only about a year or a year and a half ago...
this is the main reason why my spend on this card has reduced considerably....i used to transfer to dl all the time but don't have that option anymore....
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
It's not the Diners club card version.
I am just suggesting that in the HDFC netbanking->credit card check if they have enabled online miles redemption for what ever card you have. If they can enable for DC they should be able to make it work for Regalia as well. I do not have regalia card so I can not confirm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Annual Citigold a/c holder accelerator to top up point earnings by up to 30%.
Ah yes... I forgot that one. Score one more for Citi!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Citi Prestige Point Transfer To Air India Indefinitely Suspended

Citi Prestige Point Transfer To Air India Indefinitely Suspended

Just called in to complain about my billers' bills not being received (and therefore not being paid) - and then suggested point transfers to United and Lufthansa when the guy mentioned that point transfer to Air India has been indefinitely suspended as they are not a partner any longer!

I told him I never received any intimation about this - he said that if they do resume with AI, then they will post this on their website!

(Didn't see any posts about this recently, so therefore decided to inform here...anyone else know about this?)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jan 23, 2019 at 1:34 am Reason: Added info...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:02 am

I assume this is the US version....

Is the Amadeus move getting everyone nervous?

Not sure what the implications for miles transfer is. Were miles being managed at AI on Amaedus systems?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I assume this is the US version....
Nope, India.

I doubt that Citi Prestige USA was even transferring to Air India!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:31 am

Heh good point. I was thrown of by your below quote.

and then suggested point transfers to United and Lufthansa
When did Prestige allow transfers to UA & LH?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Nope, India.

I am shocked that anyone is
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:54 am

Anyone tried transferring points to FF programs on the Citibank app? It showed up as a new feature a week or so ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.