Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by bigapple07
In general which program would have the lowest charges/taxes over and above the miles and not require a qualifying activity (flight) with the airline before permitting redemption. AA via BA Avios and EK seem to be options.
Is EK now a transfer partner for Citi PM?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Is EK now a transfer partner for Citi PM?
i don't think so. Unless things changed recently. Their YQ's are on a different level.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:40 am

Thanks @PiperAtGatesofDawn for your inputs. SQ/TK seem interesting.

@L_D_M Oops sorry I meant EY
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I'm trying to transfer points from my Citi Prestige account to my M&S account with TK. It's been over 5 days and the miles haven't yet been credited to my M&S account. It's a huge problem because TK holds a reservation for 3 days only. The only way I'm able to extend my hold is by asking TK to cancel my earlier reservation and book me a new one. It's a hugely risky strategy esp. given the limited availability in J saver seats on TK.

I've triple checked with Citi... the FFP# is correct, and they claim that they transferred the mile on the day of the request. Past experience with transferring from Citi to other FFPs has been a quick 1-3 days.

Has anyone tried to transfer Prestige points to M&S before? How long did it take?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5 working days a couple of months ago.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Is there any benefit being an elite on TK with regard to award ticket bookings?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I'm trying to transfer points from my Citi Prestige account to my M&S account with TK.
Slightly off-topic, but aren't YQ and taxes on TK pretty high?

Re points transfers from Citi, I've found EY consistently takes the most time. Other programs I've transferred to (BA, DL when it was a transfer partner, CX, SQ) usually happened inside four or five working days.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
5 working days a couple of months ago.
Thanks. Im not sure what has gone wrong with my transfer. Citi is apparently following up with TK... with a well get back to you in 3 days!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is there any benefit being an elite on TK with regard to award ticket bookings?
I dont think you get access to additional inventory like a 1K or GS gets on UA for example. But Elite & Elite Plus do get a few smaller benefits... like an overdraw facility of 10k miles when buying award tickets, abilitiy to purchase more status miles etc.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I dont think you get access to additional inventory like a 1K or GS gets on UA for example. But Elite & Elite Plus do get a few smaller benefits... like an overdraw facility of 10k miles when buying award tickets, abilitiy to purchase more status miles etc.
Thanks for the information.

Re points transfers from Citi, I've found EY consistently takes the most time. Other programs I've transferred to (BA, DL when it was a transfer partner, CX, SQ) usually happened inside four or five working days.
AF/KL FB was under 5 days for me.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:30 am

I’m going with TK for a few reasons:
- While their YQ is quite high, their milegage requirements are quite low. Overall it’s not a bad deal because I’m traveling to eastern EU and it doesn’t cost an arm and leg in YQ as it would say to travel to the US
- For my route ONLY TK has J seats available and they haven’t shared them with any partners. So I have to go through them. I’m unable to get availability through SQ, UA, CA, NH etc.). Also, most EU carriers would anyways charge YQ so that’s that
- I’m really looking forward to visiting the new IST airport and the new CIP (or whatever it’s called) lounges

So in summary, no other choice to fly J but through M&S. YQ total amount not to much, mileage requirements absurdly low & new IST & new CIP!

Also, Citi has a chart for transfering points to partners. TAT for all airlines is 5 days except EY & TH which is 14 days. I’m worried because it’s been more than 5 days. Also, never understood how Citi ThankYou and other programs can transfer miles to airlines (including 9W mind you) instantly or within a day and Citi India takes forever to.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:18 am

Im going with TK for a few reasons:
- While their YQ is quite high, their milegage requirements are quite low. Overall its not a bad deal because Im traveling to eastern EU and it doesnt cost an arm and leg in YQ as it would say to travel to the US
- For my route ONLY TK has J seats available and they havent shared them with any partners. So I have to go through them. Im unable to get availability through SQ, UA, CA, NH etc.). Also, most EU carriers would anyways charge YQ so thats that
- Im really looking forward to visiting the new IST airport and the new CIP (or whatever its called) lounges

So in summary, no other choice to fly J but through M&S. YQ total amount not to much, mileage requirements absurdly low & new IST & new CIP!

Also, Citi has a chart for transfering points to partners. TAT for all airlines is 5 days except EY & TH which is 14 days. Im worried because its been more than 5 days. Also, never understood how Citi ThankYou and other programs can transfer miles to airlines (including 9W mind you) instantly or within a day and Citi India takes forever to.
Does TK have online redemption?

"new CIP"??
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

High YQ's but low redemption rates.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Does TK have online redemption?

"new CIP"??
Online redemption for TK & recently (though doesn’t work too well) for *A as well.

CIP was the name of the TK lounge in the old (and well technically still operating) IST airport and it was (well still is) an amazing lounge - the biggest, bestest, amazingest etc. In short probably the best in the world.

Now they’re in the process of building the new IST airport expected to be operational by end of the year and that has been an incredible feat of engineering, architecture and execution. They’ve basically almost built out an airport in 4 years time - it’s going to cater to 200m passengers a year once fully operational!!! I’m assuming the new CIP lounge or whatever they’re going to call it is going to be better than the old one.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
High YQ's but low redemption rates.
Very very low plus single chart for TK and *A. A couple of very silly restrictions but overall very good program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.