Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
sorry, i meant ca....like i said, i am getting 3 seats on my preferred travel dates but not the 4th one....

on sq i am getting all 4 but i run a little short on miles so i may end up redeeming 3 seats & purchasing the 4th....
Go with SQ of course.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Thumbs down

it had been a while since i last looked at the list of partners the citi prestige card has....there seems to be some change in the airline partners while most of the hotel partners have been dropped....
wow...did any one got the mail from Citi saying that they are going to drop off the hotel partners except TIC...I was looking to transfer to IHG and the CSR was saying only TIC is part of Hotel Transfer partners.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Go with SQ of course.
that's the plan....i am also sitting on some 500k miles with delta....right now i am getting no business class availability out of india but tons of availability from europe to the u.s. so i am just going to wait till the end of this month to see if anything opens up with them....if it doesn't then i'll pull the trigger on sq....
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
wow...did any one got the mail from Citi saying that they are going to drop off the hotel partners except TIC...I was looking to transfer to IHG and the CSR was saying only TIC is part of Hotel Transfer partners.
i don't remember receiving any email from them about dropping hotel partners....the last one i received was them dropping delta from their list of partners....
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
i don't remember receiving any email from them about dropping hotel partners....the last one i received was them dropping delta from their list of partners....
That's ridiculous if they never informed us in advance!!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thank you everyone for the suggestions....they were very helpful & made it a lot easier for me to find availability for all 4 seats....

i transferred a grand total of 163k points from my card which translated to 652k miles on sq....i had another 500k miles on dl....

for some reason dl would not show any seats if i wanted to book del - any city in the u.s. but had tons of availability if i booked del-cdg/ams & then a separate ticket from cdg/ams to many cities on both the east & west coast....there was no yq from del to europe but from europe to the u.s. both af & kl were charging €300+ per ticket....

so i booked del-ams-fra using dl miles on klm that cost me 65k miles + $9 per ticket & then fra-jfk on sq that cost 65k miles + €98 per ticket....on our way back we booked lax-sin-del on sq that cost 98k miles + $12 per ticket....

so altogether i spent 652k sq miles & 260k dl miles + $500 in taxes for 4 business class tickets....
NoviceFT, deovrat and Bioflyer like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Wow.. that’s a lot of hopping but quite economical $125 pp isn’t too bad considering you needed 4 Js together. I’m guessing you’ll need Shengen visas too. I don’t think KL interlines with SQ. Or do they?

Why didn’t you do DEL-JFK with SQ/*A - availability? It would have been fewer miles but probably higher YQ and no additional visas required.

Also on the LAX - SIN route are you on the A359 ULR?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold

so altogether i spent 652k sq miles & 260k dl miles + $500 in taxes for 4 business class tickets....
Great redemption I think... let us know your impressions of those flights after taking the trip either here or in the TR forum
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow.. that’s a lot of hopping but quite economical $125 pp isn’t too bad considering you needed 4 Js together. I’m guessing you’ll need Shengen visas too. I don’t think KL interlines with SQ. Or do they?

we all already have schengen visas....mine is valid for another 2 years while my wife & kids have theirs till july 2019....my wife's aunt lives in frankfurt so we are taking this opportunity to stop there for 3 days before heading on to the u.s. on sq....

Why didn’t you do DEL-JFK with SQ/*A - availability? It would have been fewer miles but probably higher YQ and no additional visas required.
after redeeming lax-del, i didn't have enough miles left for del-jfk....if i waited a couple of months then i would have been able to get enough points on the card to get the required number of miles but didn't want to risk not being able to get 4 seats together....that has been the main challenge from the beginning of this exercise....

Also on the LAX - SIN route are you on the A359 ULR?
lax-sin is on the a350-900 & sin-del on the 787-10....
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deovrat
Great redemption I think... let us know your impressions of those flights after taking the trip either here or in the TR forum
will do....
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:17 am

lax-sin is on the a350-900 & sin-del on the 787-10....
Nice.. since you already have Schengen visas that saves you that hassle.

I’ve heard good things about the A359 ULR on the SIN - JFK route. I’m sure this would be a great experience!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve heard good things about the A359 ULR on the SIN - JFK route. I’m sure this would be a great experience!
i'm dreading the 17 hour non-stop journey with a 6 year old & 4 year old but i'm strangely also looking forward to the experience....
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:33 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
folks, how long are transfer times these days for miles out of citi? I started a transfer a week ago to etihad and still not there.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:40 am

i'm dreading the 17 hour non-stop journey with a 6 year old & 4 year old but i'm strangely also looking forward to the experience....
They will be glued to the TV for the entire trip.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
folks, how long are transfer times these days for miles out of citi? I started a transfer a week ago to etihad and still not there.
earlier this month my transfer to singapore airlines took 7 days....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.