Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
never received a notification but that's good to know....i just had a huge spend on my prestige card so extra points are always welcome....
Neither did I.

Trying to generate M&M miles at present...

And only for 1 day??
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Neither did I.

Trying to generate M&M miles at present...

And only for 1 day??
i just got the message at 7:12pm stating that it is only valid till midnight....
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I got it at 7:35.

If it was an apology for the outage... it's a rather weak one.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:26 pm

I think the emails only went out to users yesterday evening, but the notifications showed up on the phone app for me about three times during the day, starting with one pretty early in the morning.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by L_D_M
I think the emails only went out to users yesterday evening, but the notifications showed up on the phone app for me about three times during the day, starting with one pretty early in the morning.
i received a notification as well on my app but even that was around 6pm....
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Poor show by Citi as I got the email at 7pm.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:58 pm

Any ways to get the miles to Alaska airlines from citi prestige/premiermiles? or to United airlines? I am lookingf or airlines with low yQ awards. Is there a breakdown of yQ charges per airline award charts somewhere?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
Any ways to get the miles to Alaska airlines from citi prestige/premiermiles? or to United airlines?
Nope.

I am lookingf or airlines with low yQ awards. Is there a breakdown of yQ charges per airline award charts somewhere?
There are several websites but they mainly cover US and the larger European airlines https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/ho...-award-tickets. Looking at fare breakup on ITA Matrix is always a good way to check.

Anyways, I think you're asking the wrong question. Removing YQ doesn't necessarily mean it's the cheapest (or best value) since different airlines have different redemption rates. AI is a great example of this. They've removed YQ but their award charts are almost 2x-3x that of SQ or UA in many situations. So I would never pick it for international travel. However if I was looking at redeeming on very short distances within in India (<10,000 miles) I would pick it over SQ (but not UA).

What you should think about is your travel patterns and how you plan to redeem. Otherwise AI is an easy answer to what you're looking for but will not necessarily save you anything.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Nope.

There are several websites but they mainly cover US and the larger European airlines https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/ho...-award-tickets. Looking at fare breakup on ITA Matrix is always a good way to check.

Anyways, I think you're asking the wrong question. Removing YQ doesn't necessarily mean it's the cheapest (or best value) since different airlines have different redemption rates. AI is a great example of this. They've removed YQ but their award charts are almost 2x-3x that of SQ or UA in many situations. So I would never pick it for international travel. However if I was looking at redeeming on very short distances within in India (<10,000 miles) I would pick it over SQ (but not UA).

What you should think about is your travel patterns and how you plan to redeem. Otherwise AI is an easy answer to what you're looking for but will not necessarily save you anything.
Thanks a lot @PiperAtGatesofDawn. This helps. I was actually looking at best possible airline transfer with reasonable miles requirements and lower yQ. I understand that air india charges 2-3x of other airlines, so maybe not a good solution to avoid yQ.
To be more specific, I was looking for the following 3-4 routes to redeem minimum miles in business class and lowest yQ. I am ok to split the transfer between the airlines if required.
1) Intra-India
2) Intra-asia like India -SE asia
3) India-Europe/Middle East
4) India-USA

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:46 pm

Thanks a lot @PiperAtGatesofDawn. This helps. I was actually looking at best possible airline transfer with reasonable miles requirements and lower yQ. I understand that air india charges 2-3x of other airlines, so maybe not a good solution to avoid yQ.
To be more specific, I was looking for the following 3-4 routes to redeem minimum miles in business class and lowest yQ. I am ok to split the transfer between the airlines if required.
1) Intra-India
2) Intra-asia like India -SE asia
3) India-Europe/Middle East
4) India-USA

Thanks in advance for your help!!
So basically all over the world. There's no perfect FFP for that but here it is to the best of my knowledge: 1 - 9W. 2 - CX or OZ or SQ (I prefer SQ because it has the best J in the world). 3 - EU - SQ; ME - ??? 4 - IF West Coast SQ; East Coast - ???. Generally avoid BA for all and 9W & AI for international travel.

Take it one step at a time. There's no need to transfer all your miles to any FFP right away. Transfer your miles to a program only when you're ready to travel. Look at which FFP has award seats available for when you want to travel and then transfer your miles there.

Citi reward points don't expire but FFP miles generally do. So unless there's a devaluation (which is usually notified well in advance), your points are far safer with Citi than all piled into 1 FFP which you can't use when you want to travel because that program doesn't have suitable awards available.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:58 pm

So basically all over the world. There's no perfect FFP for that but here it is to the best of my knowledge: 1 - 9W. 2 - CX or OZ or SQ (I prefer SQ because it has the best J in the world). 3 - EU - SQ; ME - ??? 4 - IF West Coast SQ; East Coast - ???. Generally avoid BA for all and 9W & AI for international travel.

Take it one step at a time. There's no need to transfer all your miles to any FFP right away. Transfer your miles to a program only when you're ready to travel. Look at which FFP has award seats available for when you want to travel and then transfer your miles there.

Citi reward points don't expire but FFP miles generally do. So unless there's a devaluation (which is usually notified well in advance), your points are far safer with Citi than all piled into 1 FFP which you can't use when you want to travel because that program doesn't have suitable awards available.
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful.
Is there any good redemptions in CP Asia Miles as well?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:34 am

<message deleted>
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:42 am

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful.
Is there any good redemptions in CP Asia Miles as well?
CP Asia Miles is CX. I'm not very familiar with them. Their charts are a little complicated because they use 4-5 (maybe more) different award charts. They are supposed to be quite decent esp. within Asia. I think their best value is leveraged in multi-stop itineraries because they calculate at a overall not a per leg basis.

But once again... you should look at specific itinerary and identify specific award flights you want to take and then discuss which one is better than the other.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 25, 2018 at 2:49 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:19 am

CP Asia Miles is CX. I'm not very familiar with them. Their charts are a little complicated because they use 4-5 (maybe more) different award charts. They are supposed to be quite decent esp. within Asia. I think their best value is leveraged in multi-stop itineraries because they calculate at a overall not a per leg basis.

But once again... you should look at specific itinerary and identify specific award flights you want to take and then discuss which one is better than the other.
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Received a notification that online spends today will receive 2x points (as compensation for system outages on the 8th).
Did anyone receive the 2x points already. They were supposed to be given out after 15 days of 10th April.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.