Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Premier miles to Avios 50% bonus is back. Last day 31st Oct 2017.
Is this for Prestige card too?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is this for Prestige card too?
Yes, I transferred some points over last week and I see that they have credited (along with the 50% bonus).
onlysuites likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:45 am

With BA in the dumps why is this a good deal?

https://travelcodex.com/british-airw...-of-the-skies/

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yes, I transferred some points over last week and I see that they have credited (along with the 50% bonus).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sm123
With BA in the dumps why is this a good deal?
Well, I'm hoping their partner redemption requirements stay the same. Wasn't planning on redeeming on BA, with their crazy YQs.

Fingers crossed there isn't a horrendous devaluation in the works.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:18 am

Help needed- Conversion of Premiere miles

Hi,
First time user on this forum..
Seeing how frequent the users are here, thought would ask for recommendations..

I have around 1.3l premičre miles.
And planning a trip to Bali and another seperately to Phuket from Mumbai/Ahmedabad.
Wanted to use premiere miles for one of them.

2 people.
Feb 2018 month of trip.
​​​​
What I wanted to know was, is there any airlines transfer of miles which will give me better value for my miles instead of 0.45 rs I am currently getting on portals?

P.S.- as first time user, not sure if right forum. Apologize if wrong one.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Singapore Krisflyer Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Priyansh Modi
Hi,
First time user on this forum..
Seeing how frequent the users are here, thought would ask for recommendations..

I have around 1.3l premičre miles.
And planning a trip to Bali and another seperately to Phuket from Mumbai/Ahmedabad.
Wanted to use premiere miles for one of them.

2 people.
Feb 2018 month of trip.
​​​​
What I wanted to know was, is there any airlines transfer of miles which will give me better value for my miles instead of 0.45 rs I am currently getting on portals?

P.S.- as first time user, not sure if right forum. Apologize if wrong one.
Best bet for you would be to get a Citi Prestige Card and move Citi Premiermiles to that card, that way it'll almost double the number of airlines you can get from your stash.

You can then convert Prestige points to SQ or MH miles to redeem for Bali tickets.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
As Hilton Credit Card Portfolio is moving to AMEX, Citi India has sent a mailer on terminating Hilton as a transfer partner for Premier miles card.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Whizkid
As Hilton Credit Card Portfolio is moving to AMEX, Citi India has sent a mailer on terminating Hilton as a transfer partner for Premier miles card.
got the email as well last week....i'm sad to see hilton being terminated as a partner....i've transferred points to them a bunch of times....
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:19 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Whizkid
could you post the contents here?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by A2A
could you post the contents here?

Dear cardmember,

Thank you for using your Citi PremierMiles Credit Card. We hope you are enjoying the many benefits this card brings to you.

We are writing to inform you about a change in the reward points redemption options offered on your Citi PremierMiles Credit Card. Effective 7th December 2017, our global partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts will be discontinued, and you will no longer be able to transfer your reward points to your Hilton HHonors account. In case you wish to convert your existing reward points into Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, please contact us before 7th December 2017.

All other benefits and privileges on your Citi PremierMiles Credit Card would continue without any change.

Citi offers a wide range of reputed global and domestic airlines and hotels to choose from, for reward points transfer. You can continue to transfer your reward points to any of these partners. Click here to view the partner airline and hotel choices for the reward points transfer program.

We value your relationship and assure you of the best services at all times.

Warm regards,
Manager - Customer Service
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I have a Citi Prestige card and roughly 40,000 points on it at the moment. Is the only way to transfer to hotel/airline by calling their number? I don't see anyway to do it online.

Which is the best transfer partner at the moment?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kumarshah
I have a Citi Prestige card and roughly 40,000 points on it at the moment. Is the only way to transfer to hotel/airline by calling their number? I don't see anyway to do it online.

Which is the best transfer partner at the moment?
You can’t do it online. You have to call in, but it’s a fairly painless process and takes 2 minutes.

It’s not possible to tell you who the best transfer partner is. The list is available here - https://www.online.citibank.co.in/ci...ige/terms.html. The value of a point or mile is entirely dependent on you. I suspect (not 100% sure) that airlines (esp. J & F) generally have better returns than hotels. It would be interesting to know other people’s views on this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I have a significant amount of expenses coming up over the next year - largely hotel rooms, F&B and offline shopping. Is Prestige is the best card to maximise reward point earning? I already have the Diners Black and Jet Amex card. If not the Prestige, any other recommendations?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
I have a significant amount of expenses coming up over the next year - largely hotel rooms, F&B and offline shopping. Is Prestige is the best card to maximise reward point earning? I already have the Diners Black and Jet Amex card. If not the Prestige, any other recommendations?
Last month I earned back my yearly Prestige fee with just one stay. Much better card then the ICICI card.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Best card to maximize earnings would depend on how you are planning to redeem your rewards. If you are going to redeem on international J & F award flights you get about 4-10% returns on domestic spends on the Prestige card - which I think is unmatched value except for the ++33% rewards on Diners Black.

If you'd like cash or other forms of redemption then Prestige might not be the best card for you.

Diners Black would be best for hotel bookings through Smartbuy. Offline shopping would depend on whether you're looking at a particular brand or across stores.

Overall, across different categories the Prestige card does give great value.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Mar 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.