Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I sent the miles to the wrong airline. Called them up straightaway but they said they would look into it. Can they normally stop the transfer?
No. They normally can't . Especially if the miles have posted.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
No. They normally can't . Especially if the miles have posted.
I called them within a minute of transferring the miles so they hadn't posted yet. But yeah what they said was if done online then they can't but if done via phone they normally can.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Singapore Krisflyer Gold, Vistara Gold
Just to clarify - Citi Prestige-Epicure membership just gets dining discounts and coupons for discount on Taj hotel bookings.

No free nights, club lounge access, meal vouchers etc that are typically part of regular paid Epicure Preferred or Privileged membership, are included.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the yearly points and Taj voucher automatic now? Normally you have to call in.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Is the yearly points and Taj voucher automatic now? Normally you have to call in.
The points are automatic. For the vouchers you have to call in.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Keyser. Another question on this, I didn't use the Taj voucher last year. Anyone tried asking Taj for an extension?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks Keyser. Another question on this, I didn't use the Taj voucher last year. Anyone tried asking Taj for an extension?
No clue about the Taj vouchers. I've never used them.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:08 am

Does anyone know how Taj Inner Circle points are to be used for things like dining spends once the membership via Citi Prestige has lapsed (as mine has)? Since there's no physical card to swipe. Haven't looked closely at the site. Convert TIC points to gift cards?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
I redeemed some of my Prestige points to BA Avios about 3 weeks ago with Citi app. The points were instantly taken from Citi. To date, the points have not appeared in my BA account. I have done the transfer few times in the past and it usually takes 5 to 5 days. I have contacted Citi Prestige customer care twice so far and they are looking into it but not solved yet.

Has anyone else had an issue with BA earlier? How long can I expect for this to be resolved? Thank you.

Siva
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by msivam
I redeemed some of my Prestige points to BA Avios about 3 weeks ago with Citi app. The points were instantly taken from Citi. To date, the points have not appeared in my BA account. I have done the transfer few times in the past and it usually takes 5 to 5 days. I have contacted Citi Prestige customer care twice so far and they are looking into it but not solved yet.

Has anyone else had an issue with BA earlier? How long can I expect for this to be resolved? Thank you.

Siva
Just an update.

Citibank looked into this and informed me that it was due to some technical issue and refunded the points back. They have asked me to do the transfer again.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Does anyone know how Taj Inner Circle points are to be used for things like dining spends once the membership via Citi Prestige has lapsed (as mine has)? Since there's no physical card to swipe. Haven't looked closely at the site. Convert TIC points to gift cards?
TIC points can be used at hotels for stay and dining spends using your TIC number. You can ask them to send you a physical TIC membership card, or try redeeming with the just the number. In recent redemptions, Taj has been using an OTP on phone based verification to process the TIC redemption.
L_D_M likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by tarunphy
TIC points can be used at hotels for stay and dining spends using your TIC number. You can ask them to send you a physical TIC membership card, or try redeeming with the just the number. In recent redemptions, Taj has been using an OTP on phone based verification to process the TIC redemption.
Thanks. Yeah, I figured out that the base level Copper status is perennial and you don't need to "earn" it, so there's always a Copper card.

Given Epicure gives 25% off on F&B, do they allow it to be used during a stay at a Taj property, or do all stay expenses (incl F&B) only earn TIC points? The way these two programmes interact/overlap is clunky to say the least.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I called them within a minute of transferring the miles so they hadn't posted yet. But yeah what they said was if done online then they can't but if done via phone they normally can.
Then they would just tear up the paper and not send it.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Thanks. Yeah, I figured out that the base level Copper status is perennial and you don't need to "earn" it, so there's always a Copper card.

Given Epicure gives 25% off on F&B, do they allow it to be used during a stay at a Taj property, or do all stay expenses (incl F&B) only earn TIC points? The way these two programmes interact/overlap is clunky to say the least.
Epicure discount is applied for F&B and Spa usage during a stay, including in-room dining. You won't get TIC points for these discounted spends AFAIK. The interaction between programmes is definitely clunky and bad UX for sure - I still haven't gotten a clear answer on whether these Epicure spends earn TIC points formally but my guess is that TIC program says that any discounted spends don't so Epicure ones won't also.
L_D_M likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:00 am

Anyone have any strategies in mind re the Citi cards they hold, given the Citi cards business looks like it is (probably) being acquired by Axis?

In two minds about whether to apply for the new Axis Atlas miles card because I don't know whether they'll transition Citi card holders - Prestige in my case - to an existing Axis card (Magnus?) or launch new ones and port Citi card holders on to those. If I do apply for the Axis Atlas card and get it, will that complicate things as and when Prestige card holders are transitioned to an existing or new Axis card in regard to credit limit, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.