Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
looking to book for next summer while seats are still available....closer to the travel date its not easy to find 4 business class seats together....
Ah ok... so you are booking right now. Usually I try to book/block the tickets with the airlines first before transferring miles.

4 seats are always going to be tough. Use EF and the best search engines for the 3 big alliances - UA, BA & AF/KL to find suitable options and EY.

I'd book TK any day. While their IN-TK service and timings is awful the rest of the journey will be pretty great. Plus very very low miles requirement unlike many others like LH that have high mileage and high YQ.

SQ is risky right now because there is no telling when SQ will open (and subsequently shut borders) for travel. But their Covid cancellation policies have been fantastic so far. I still have a few tickets booked on SQ for 2020 that are being taken good care of by SQ.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Ah ok... so you are booking right now. Usually I try to book/block the tickets with the airlines first before transferring miles.

4 seats are always going to be tough. Use EF and the best search engines for the 3 big alliances - UA, BA & AF/KL to find suitable options and EY.

I'd book TK any day. While their IN-TK service and timings is awful the rest of the journey will be pretty great. Plus very very low miles requirement unlike many others like LH that have high mileage and high YQ.

SQ is risky right now because there is no telling when SQ will open (and subsequently shut borders) for travel. But their Covid cancellation policies have been fantastic so far. I still have a few tickets booked on SQ for 2020 that are being taken good care of by SQ.
ba, af/kl, ey all have 4+ seats available but very high yq....while yq on tk is high as well, the mileage requirement is low so that makes it attractive....

my preferred option would have been cx but they recently raised their yq so once again tk looks like the best bet....
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
ba, af/kl, ey all have 4+ seats available but very high yq....while yq on tk is high as well, the mileage requirement is low so that makes it attractive....

my preferred option would have been cx but they recently raised their yq so once again tk looks like the best bet....
Yes TK is the way better option. Call them and block your seats. You get 2 days to transfer your miles after and complete the booking. If your miles don't get transferred in 2 days. Call again and ask them to cancel and block your ticket again.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Yes TK is the way better option. Call them and block your seats. You get 2 days to transfer your miles after and complete the booking. If your miles don't get transferred in 2 days. Call again and ask them to cancel and block your ticket again.
is there any way to check on their site how many seats are available????every time i try to search for more than one seat i get the following error:

You can issue the first ticket only to your name in order to verify your membership. Subsequently, you can issue award tickets for other persons as well.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:05 am

is there any way to check on their site how many seats are available????every time i try to search for more than one seat i get the following error:
Check on EF then call and block. BTW TK is showing amazing availability on some random dates I searched for summer 2022. I don't think I've ever seen 4 award seats available ever!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check on EF then call and block. BTW TK is showing amazing availability on some random dates I searched for summer 2022. I don't think I've ever seen 4 award seats available ever!
what are their date change/cancellation charges like????never used miles on tk before....
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:23 am

what are their date change/cancellation charges like????never used miles on tk before....
$25 on TK metal. However right now there are tons of waivers in-force. Don't know how long they continue.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Keyser just be aware though that dealing with TK reservations is a right pain. Worth it though to save points.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$25 on TK metal. However right now there are tons of waivers in-force. Don't know how long they continue.
i don't expect to be making any changes but its good to keep that in mind....

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Keyser just be aware though that dealing with TK reservations is a right pain. Worth it though to save points.
fair enough....i'm going to give them a call this weekend to book....
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:42 am

People say that... but I've flown plenty of J awards with them. I've found really competent people on the phone who could do everything I requested and behaved very professionally as well. Maybe it's when one runs into issues that they're terrible. But all the people I dealt with were very good.

There was one time 2-3 years ago when TK's systems were undergoing upgrades and my Citi points didn't transfer there for over 3 weeks. During this entire time I spoke with plenty of agents. They were all super competent and happily obliged me with my cancelling & reblocking.

Disclaimer: TK refused to pay me anything for this endorsement.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:13 am

looking to move all the points from my prestige card to one of the airline partners....currently i have close to 200k points which would translate to around 800k miles....

any suggestions which airline to transfer them to????i would mostly end up using the miles for business class tickets for family between india-usa at some point next year....
Given you want to have family vacation, I would recommend you to transfer the points to SQ KrisFlyer for RTW redemption.
RTW redemption requires 240k miles per person for business class which can have up to 7 stops with any star alliance partnered airline while circling the world (without backtracking of course).

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...e-world-award/
SQ RTW Redemption Award
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/07/01/booking-a-krisflyer-star-alliance-round-the-world-award/
onlysuites likes this.

Last edited by gtag; Sep 22, 2021 at 3:11 am
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gtag
Given you want to have family vacation, I would recommend you to transfer the points to SQ KrisFlyer for RTW redemption.
RTW redemption requires 240k miles per person for business class which can have up to 7 stops with any star alliance partnered airline while circling the world (without backtracking of course).

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...e-world-award/
SQ RTW Redemption Award
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/07/01/booking-a-krisflyer-star-alliance-round-the-world-award/
the krisflyer rtw redemption is great & i've explored that in the past but its not what i'm looking for right now....i have an apartment in nyc that i rent out most of the year but my family & i always use it in june every year....all i'm looking for is a india-usa-india return trip & tk seems to be offering that for 105k miles right now....seems like the best option....
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the 4th night free option still available to Prestige card holders? Is it limited to a number of uses now?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:14 am

Is the 4th night free option still available to Prestige card holders? Is it limited to a number of uses now?
Available twice a year.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Available twice a year.
Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.