Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Used to be INR 25/30L as minimum. FD is fine, but they will likely link it to a savings account (which you can have a close to zero balance in, if needed).

The biggest thing though is that Citi offers horrid FD interest rates... Easily 3-4% less than market leaders. You need to decide if that is worth the tradeoff for the bonus. Or maybe invest in MF or something thru Citi...
So say its 25L. I get 8.75% if going to through a state bank and 7.75% if going through Citi.

Rs25,000 less interest but I stand to earn 80,000 extra miles so its a no brainer. ^
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:22 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Just realised that you can view the PM balance online. If you click on the Redeem Rewards link once logged in, it shows the current balance. It is not the balance as of last statement as it included a spend I had made since the last statement.

Decided to clear out my PM balance (some 20k miles) and transferred to BA... from one devalued program to another! The agent did say that my account is eligible for a swap from PM to Prestige; no additional documentation would be required. Wasn't quite prepared to get the Prestige card though, I might reconsider in a few months.

I also confirmed with the agent that the transfer will be based on today's rate, regardless of when it goes through.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ups
Just realised that you can view the PM balance online. If you click on the Redeem Rewards link once logged in, it shows the current balance. It is not the balance as of last statement as it included a spend I had made since the last statement.
Yes that's actually correct. I can confirm that I can see the latest balance, and it is currently in the negative since I got the miles transferred to BA Avios before a 60k Airline refund appeared :).

I will now no longer use this particular PremierMiles card except for domestic airline spend, and will instead move all spend to the Prestige Card that I have switched to from another PremierMiles card today.

I had to do a "hang up and call back" once when the citi officer started the long spiel of Prestige Card being an invitation only, having a citi gold account, Indian salary of 40lacs, etc. etc. The second officer did it, post confirmation, once I told him that a min 5lac credit limit suffices for the switch.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:00 am

Smile

Originally Posted by ups

Decided to clear out my PM balance (some 20k miles) and transferred to BA... from one devalued program to another! The agent did say that my account is eligible for a swap from PM to Prestige; no additional documentation would be required. Wasn't quite prepared to get the Prestige card though, I might reconsider in a few months.

I also confirmed with the agent that the transfer will be based on today's rate, regardless of when it goes through.
What a Surprise Each mile is worth 1Rs and i tried redeeming Titan voucher and Nike vouchers, i think almost all of the redemptions are calculating each mile worth 1Rs unlike other cards which redeem vouchers at the value of 40 Paisae, Is this a glitch in the Redemption system or this card also has been given the same value as Ultima card before.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ups
Just realised that you can view the PM balance online.
Nice one. I can see my PC balance this way too.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:12 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Indeed, I've wanted to see it online for a long time, sending a text to know the balance isn't ideal when you're travelling.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by VISHRATNA
What a Surprise Each mile is worth 1Rs and i tried redeeming Titan voucher and Nike vouchers, i think almost all of the redemptions are calculating each mile worth 1Rs unlike other cards which redeem vouchers at the value of 40 Paisae, Is this a glitch in the Redemption system or this card also has been given the same value as Ultima card before.
Indeed it seems to be was a Glitch, Now a 1000 Rs Croma Voucher requires 3400 Points. Now they have come back to the Normal 35 to 40 Paise per mile redemption levels on Citibank premier miles card also.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:00 pm

Consolidated India-based mileage related Citibank cards thread - 2015 onwards

I had 3 Citibank credit cards: indian oil card, rewards card and the premier miles card. Together the credit limit was 6L+. Been banking with Citi since ten years and now a citigold customer. Heard about the prestige card only last month from this forum. Looked it up and immediately it made sense. Made the call to the prestige helpline. They suggested to use up the points on the Indian oil card at the nearest IOC pump since it had the highest redemption ratio of 1 mile = 1 rupee. Then they transferred the reward points to the premier miles card. Finally transferred the premier miles to the prestige card. Totally took about a week from the first call to the cards arriving. Not bad I'd say.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
I have upcoming trip in summer on malaysian airlines. Decided to convert citipremier miles( me & wife have seperate citipremier cards) into enrich miles so as to redeem award ticket on malaysian airlines. Instructed citibank on 30 Jan ( just before devaluation ) to transfer 20K citipremier miles each into enrich miles of me as well as my spouse. I was thrilled to find that my enrich account credited 20K miles within 3 days but my wife enrich account still does not show credit ( even after 14 days). Contacted Citibank but they say that maximum 15 working days required for transfer & asked us to wait. Now Malaysian Airlines announced that
redemtion award chart on enrich is getting changed ( getting devalued by more than half in my required sector) from 16 Feb. Please advise me how to proceed to expedite transfer of my wife Enrich miles before 15 Feb .
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, JetPrivilege, BA Executive Club
Is there a prestige website like premiermiles.co.in?
What I am curious about is: Will I lose my ability to use reward points as cash for booking tickets (like 1 premiermile = 0.45INR), after switching to Prestige?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsaurabh
Is there a prestige website like premiermiles.co.in?
What I am curious about is: Will I lose my ability to use reward points as cash for booking tickets (like 1 premiermile = 0.45INR), after switching to Prestige?
Don't use miles as cash. You get really bad value that way.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:56 pm

My dad has a citigold account, but his premiermiles card's credit limit is under 5L, would he be eligible for prestige card?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluecrabs
My dad has a citigold account, but his premiermiles card's credit limit is under 5L, would he be eligible for prestige card?
Only way to find out is give them a quick call. All depends on your credit history.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:57 pm

I have a credit limit of >5L on my PM card. I want to upgrade to Prestige to take advantage of the 2:1 (now 4:1) conversion ratio on miles. Is it possible for me to downgrade to PM after 1 year of prestige? the 20k annual fees does not make sense to me as I am not a frequent flyer.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:29 am

Interesting observation - did a password reset on the premier miles website - the email came from a GoIbibo mail id

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.