Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
I contacted Prestige card customer service to transfer the points in PM card to Prestige card. The guy told me that it could not be done as the cards are not linked. Both the cards are showing up in the account summary page. He said I should have requested for a link up when I applied for the card which I wasn't aware of when I applied for the card. Even the guy who came to collect the application form didn't mention it.

I tried explaining it few times but the CS guy was adamant that this could not be done. This would also mean that I couldn't close the PM card and would be paying fees for that as well.
I have lot of points and wonder what could be done to transfer the points.

Thank you.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
That’s an interesting f-up on Citi’s part. They don’t allow individuals to hold multiple cards AFAIK. I’m surprised their system didn’t spot that.

Anyways to fix your problem is simple. Cancel your Prestige card right away. Reapply for a new Prestige card and this time make sure you’re swapping cards. Once again you don’t need to fill up any paperwork, calling the Prestige helpline should be enough.

Any fees you pay for your existing PM card will be prorated and refunded to you which you can use to adjust against your Prestige card fees so you don’t lose at all.

And your points swap is automatic if you do a card swap. There’s no need to call them. You will have to call them for a bunch of other things though including PP, Taj vouchers and so on.

If you have 2 active cards obviously you can’t switch points between the two. The CSR was correct.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
Thank you. I have already received PP and have requested Taj epicure membership and ITC vouchers. I have also used the card for a week and Citi generated the first statement as the statement date is 17th of the month.

It seems a bit of long winded process to cancel and reapply in view of the above and so will keep both for now. Will use the PM points for booking at premiermiles website which seem to be the best way to use them at 50 paise per one PM.

Thank you for your help.

Siva
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yes loads more effort but there can be huge gains depending on how many PM miles you have and how you utilize them.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:04 pm

Does anyone have a link to the hotels.com page for making Prestige fourth-night free hotel bookings online? The one I had has stopped working. Does this mean they've withdrawn the ability for cardholders to make these bookings themselves? Calling the concierge is a pain.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Does anyone have a link to the hotels.com page for making Prestige fourth-night free hotel bookings online? The one I had has stopped working. Does this mean they've withdrawn the ability for cardholders to make these bookings themselves? Calling the concierge is a pain.
It's been removed from the Visa website. So the offer has been withdrawn (hopefully just temporarily) by Visa.

But you should certainly call Citi & check with them. Maybe they're offering the benefit directly now?

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 28, 2019 at 4:14 am
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
But you should certainly call Citi & check with them.
Do update us once you know.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:46 am

But you should certainly call Citi & check with them. Maybe they're offering the benefit directly now?
Well, they always offered it directly, but that was a pretty unsatisfactory process. You needed to send in a list of hotels you were looking at, dates, and other details, and they'd get back to you with quotes. I never actually left it up to them to recommend hotels - I've heard that people who did didn't exactly get the best results. Also, they never ever came back with refundable rates. On the Visa Promotions page, you could easily find refundable rates for pretty much every hotel you were looking at.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Well, they always offered it directly, but that was a pretty unsatisfactory process. You needed to send in a list of hotels you were looking at, dates, and other details, and they'd get back to you with quotes. I never actually left it up to them to recommend hotels - I've heard that people who did didn't exactly get the best results. Also, they never ever came back with refundable rates. On the Visa Promotions page, you could easily find refundable rates for pretty much every hotel you were looking at.
I always thought that it was manually pulled from hotels.com... till they built the landing page with Visa. Either ways it was a horrible process where they take 2-3 days to give you a list of 3-4 hotels that you don't want. And yes almost all are non-refundable.

I've taken quotes from them a few times but never booked through them. It's a painful service.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 5, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I always thought that it was pulled from hotels.com... till they built the landing page with Visa. Either ways it was a horrible process where they take 2-3 days to give you a list of 3-4 hotels that you don't want. And yes almost all are non-refundable.

I've taken quotes from them a few times but never booked through them. It's a painful service.
I have used the 4th night benefit a few times in the past and as recently as day before yesterday. I have always done it over the phone with the concierge. I do agree the process is very long drawn but every time I have sort of known hotel options I want to consider and it has made it easier. They have offered me both refundable and non refundable rates for hotels. I have found this to be mostly consistent with the listing on hotels.com for the property for the same dates. If hotels.com shows a refundable rate I have found the concierge to be offering me that.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I always do it through the concierge and takes max 5 mins.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I have now 80,000 odd points, anyone know the best transfer for redemption? I was looking at Singapore Airlines or British Airways.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:57 pm

80k points = 320k miles. You can fly a good distance with those points. Best redemption really depends on what you want to do. For long distance SQ will generally have better value (and be cheaper, much much much cheaper on SQ metal). But why are you looking at those airlines? Your approach is wrong.

You should identify where you want to go and then see which airline best suits you (including availability). Not the other way around.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kumarshah
I have now 80,000 odd points, anyone know the best transfer for redemption? I was looking at Singapore Airlines or British Airways.
where do you want to go????

i recently transferred 163k points to sq, which gave me 652k sq miles, which in turn helped me get 4 return business class tickets between india - us....
Old May 6, 2019, 9:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
where do you want to go????

i recently transferred 163k points to sq, which gave me 652k sq miles, which in turn helped me get 4 return business class tickets between india - us....
That sounds good. How much was each ticket - when I checked premium economy ticket was 170k.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.