Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Sssshhh.... Citi India hasn't heard about this as yet.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Sssshhh.... Citi India hasn't heard about this as yet.
The fourth-night free benefit on the Indian Prestige isn't as good as it used to be in the US, though. You have to pay taxes on the fourth night tariff, which means the savings are a lot lower than the 25% you might think you'd earn. Plus, refundable rates are very hard to come by. The concierge people always say those aren't eligible whenever I enquire. And, of course, since it is booked via OTA (hotels.com, I think, going by the booking confirmations the concierge sent over), you don't earn hotel loyalty program points and benefits.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I’ve never used this in all these years because I’ve rarely stayed at the same place for 4 nights when on holiday. When I have, DCB of course gives me a much better deal. Plus sometimes I’ve used my points.

Anything not booked directly on the hotels website will not earn you hotel loyalty points. Does Amex or Citi ThankYou points bookings earn you hotel points?

Also, this is a benefit from Visa not Citi.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:15 am

Anything not booked directly on the hotels website will not earn you hotel loyalty points. Does Amex or Citi ThankYou points bookings earn you hotel points?
The US Prestige cards allowed you to earn points on fourth-night free bookings. Confirmation from OMAAT here - https://onemileatatime.com/book-citi...enefit-online/
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
The US Prestige cards allowed you to earn points on fourth-night free bookings. Confirmation from OMAAT here - https://onemileatatime.com/book-citi...enefit-online/
Ummm... look at the author's statement & user comments... they seem to be suggesting something else (eg. below). They might have some tie ups with certain chains within the US. I would be very very surprised if they can provide this facility globally across all hotels!

And in my limited experience - hotels generally call all OTA bookings Expedia bookings. I don't think they can see the specific OTA in their view of the reservation system and they do not know too many other OTA names!
Nathan says:September 24, 2017 at 12:28 pm I just got back from the Sheraton Edinburgh booked via this site. The moment I checked into the hotel they informed me that Citi had used Expedia and that I would not receive stay credit, points, or platinum benefits. I will never use the site again. So frustrated
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I believe Citi USA allows you to book direct through the hotels website and they refund you the 4th night. That's what they advised me when I spoke with them to book a Aman which doesn't come up on hotels.com. But I didn't have the USA credit card so couldn't book the hotel through Indian concierge.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:00 am

Ummm... look at the author's statement & user comments... they seem to be suggesting something else (eg. below). They might have some tie ups with certain chains within the US. I would be very very surprised if they can provide this facility globally across all hotels!
Where does the author says bookings don't earn points? This is what he says:

While I can confirm that phone bookings have always received these perks, I’m surprised to hear it will work online as well.

He is talking about having earned points booking fourth-night-free on the phone via the concierge, and being unsure if points will be earned booking via the ThankYou portal, which he hadn't used till that point.

Here's another post (from 2016) - https://onemileatatime.com/fourth-night-free-hotel/ It's been covered plenty.

"You can book a stay with the fourth night free at tons of hotels, and it works even on pre-paid rates, AAA/senior rates, most promotional rates, etc. You earn points for your stay as if you booked directly through the hotel as well (and by paying with the Citi Prestige Card you also get triple points on hotel spend)."
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:01 am

<deleted duplicate>

Last edited by L_D_M; Jan 12, 2019 at 6:13 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I believe Citi USA allows you to book direct through the hotels website and they refund you the 4th night. That's what they advised me when I spoke with them to book a Aman which doesn't come up on hotels.com. But I didn't have the USA credit card so couldn't book the hotel through Indian concierge.
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Where does the author says bookings don't earn points?
Yups.... if Citi is doing a credit after you pay for all 4 nights then it's like a corp booking and if the total charge is $400... they average it out across 4 days and give you $100 credit.

Unlike in India where the booking is done through hotels.com and is a Visa Infinite (maybe in partnership with Citi) benefit not a Citi Prestige benefit.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:46 pm

I’ve never used this in all these years because I’ve rarely stayed at the same place for 4 nights when on holiday. When I have, DCB of course gives me a much better deal. Plus sometimes I’ve used my points.

Also, this is a benefit from Visa not Citi.
One can book directly at hotels.com and get 4th night free by paying from prestige card and using code VISAFREE1
Offer link: https://www.visa-promotions.com/mepa/hotel/tnc.html
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by gtag
One can book directly at hotels.com and get 4th night free by paying from prestige card and using code VISAFREE1
Offer link: https://www.visa-promotions.com/mepa/hotel/tnc.html
I know. But as I said earlier I get a much better deal using my Diners Card Black.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know. But as I said earlier I get a much better deal using my Diners Card Black.
What deal do you get via that card? Is that the HDFC one?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
What deal do you get via that card? Is that the HDFC one?
It's the HDFC one. I get 33% back in points/miles. And on any hotel stay booking through their portal.....even if it is for 1 night.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's the HDFC one. I get 33% back in points/miles. And on any hotel stay booking through their portal.....even if it is for 1 night.
You can transfer to AA too right? How is the earning per 100 on that card?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:08 am

Nope... SQ, 9W & UK. No Indian card directly transfers to any US airline.

Earning - 5 points / Rs 150 spent (without accelerators). All details here - https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/diners-club-black
onlysuites likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.