Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
They will be glued to the TV for the entire trip.
that's what i'm afraid of....
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
folks, how long are transfer times these days for miles out of citi? I started a transfer a week ago to etihad and still not there.
Usually 2-3 days to a few other airlines... never tried EY.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A2A
folks, how long are transfer times these days for miles out of citi? I started a transfer a week ago to etihad and still not there.
Did one to SQ two weeks back and it took 3 days. I can't point you to a data point but I have read that that transfers to EY takes 7-10 days from most CC transfers.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I can't point you to a data point but I have read that that transfers to EY takes 7-10 days from most CC transfers.
Yeah, the Citiphone people usually say that Etihad transfers take longer than to other programs. Last week I initiated a transfer to BA and the points were not debited from my account for three days because of the Dussera holidays, but once they were, they showed up in my BA account 24 hours later.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah, the Citiphone people usually say that Etihad transfers take longer than to other programs. Last week I initiated a transfer to BA and the points were not debited from my account for three days because of the Dussera holidays, but once they were, they showed up in my BA account 24 hours later.
Is there a bonus for BA Avios Transfer....
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Is there a bonus for BA Avios Transfer....
Not at the moment, as far as I know. I needed to top up my Avios balance for a redemption.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Not at the moment, as far as I know. I needed to top up my Avios balance for a redemption.
Thanks. seems Citi discontinued the Avios Bonus for transfer this year
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Thanks. seems Citi discontinued the Avios Bonus for transfer this year

I honestly don't see the value in Avios unless you live in USA and use them for domestic flights. I have 800k which I can't seem to use for the last few years. Not because availability isn't there but the miles and tax requirement.

DEL-LHR is 150,000 return plus 550 tax through BA or 85,000 through AA. Transfer miles over to Cathay and their reward chart is much cheaper then BA's.
NoviceFT likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
did another transfer to sq this week....requested it on tuesday morning & the miles just appeared in my account today....took less than 3 days....
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:27 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
it took them 14 days to transfer to etihad and the inventory i was after vanished
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
it took them 14 days to transfer to etihad and the inventory i was after vanished
That sucks... Couldn’t EY book without ticketing till your miles got transfered. That’s what I always do.

And hopefully this is not a sign of things to come from Citi and just an issue they have with EY!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

That sucks... Couldnt EY book without ticketing till your miles got transfered. Thats what I always do.

And hopefully this is not a sign of things to come from Citi and just an issue they have with EY!
I have always got my miles with 3 working days for Citi transfers. Once I transferred to EY a while back and that took over a week. It seems EY specific.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:15 am

Hi, need some advice on which of the Citi PM transfer partners would be the best option to transfer to. Want to redeem miles for BOM-ORD-BOM (no specific dates).
In general which program would have the lowest charges/taxes over and above the miles and not require a qualifying activity (flight) with the airline before permitting redemption. AA via BA Avios and EK seem to be options. Would consider AI as a last resort.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have always got my miles with 3 working days for Citi transfers. Once I transferred to EY a while back and that took over a week. It seems EY specific.
Yups... it's even there in their T&C - https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...f/airmiles.pdf - Apparently it takes 14 days for EY & TH for some reason.

Still I'm surprised you can't hold an EY award. Most airlines hold awards - some for months and months if you ask nicely.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by bigapple07
Hi, need some advice on which of the Citi PM transfer partners would be the best option to transfer to. Want to redeem miles for BOM-ORD-BOM (no specific dates).
In general which program would have the lowest charges/taxes over and above the miles and not require a qualifying activity (flight) with the airline before permitting redemption. AA via BA Avios and EK seem to be options. Would consider AI as a last resort.
AA via Avios won't work because AA doesn't fly to BOM. EK - very high YQ.

What will work -
  • AI & any *A through AI - UA, TK etc. will not have any YQ but will have high mileage requirements.
  • TK direct YQ ~$1k in J
  • CX will be low too but it will be 4 separate redemptions so slightly higher mileage.
  • SQ has 0 YQ if you fly SQ +AK or SQ + UA or just UA and some other non EU combinations
Then of course theres the question of availability which is a whole different story!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Nov 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm Reason: Incorrect YQ for TK... It’s around $1k in J!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.