Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Or transfer over to SQ and use their partner award chart for Lufthansa/Swiss?
Disclaimer: LH/LX awards on Krisflyer incur a very high fuel surcharge these days, almost on par with BA. Enough to essentially make redeeming for Y pointless as revenue Y can be had for just a fraction more cash. Redeeming for J might make a bit more sense, but even that isn't black and white.

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
SQ (0 YQ on SQ, low on *A)

For the choices he has on Star Alliance (LH, LX, SN), YQ is not at all low when redeeming through Krisflyer. You'd be surprised.

Only airlines I can think off the top of my head for low YQ in this particular situation are TK, and ET if it works for him.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:44 pm

Some good transfer options from Citibank cards for India - US are:
1. CX - CX flights have low YQ. You will have to check the YQ on other partners but I think they will all be similar.
2. VS - use to fly on NH. I think NH has low YQ.
3. TK - I think TK has the lowest miles required for India to US. Don't know which partners have low YQ but check TK, SQ, NH and OZ.
4. EY - check OZ and NH for YQ. You can also consider AA from NRT or ICN in this case.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by deovrat
For the choices he has on Star Alliance (LH, LX, SN), YQ is not at all low when redeeming through Krisflyer. You'd be surprised.
Actually LH J would be quite hard to get - they typically release seats 2 weeks prior but have been improving slightly but I doubt if you'd get availability for summer 2019 this far out. Also high YQ.

But there is loads of low/no YQ choices through SQ KF including SQ, UA, NH, ET, AI etc. that are all good options.

Also DL is restarting India services from 2019... not sure if they've announced dates and schedule though.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 2, 2018 at 1:54 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
What city would you like to fly to? The difference between east/west coast can be pretty significant.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
4 J awards! Now that’s a big ask! Also, I think the average mileage requirement is ~200k miles for J saver award returns... so you’re probably a few miles short.

The best way to do is to probably split it into 2 flights. Based on Citi’s partners I think BR (probably low YQ) and SQ (0 YQ on SQ, low on *A) will be your best bets.

I’m not sure about YQ on QF. I think it’s quite low on CX. I think most of the others have YQ. VS certainly has heavy YQ.

Availability will depend on dates. For *A availability you can always search on the UA, AC and NH. You can seach on UA without signing up for their MP FFP and it’s generally fairly accurate.
i need 4 seats at the end of the day but i would settle for as many as i can get if all 4 are not available....

have been using ua for a while to check availability....there are tons of dates & routes where 3 seats are available on ca & tk....the problem i am facing is with the 4th seat....there is lots of availability from pek or ist to the u.s. but nothing from del or bom to either pek or ist....

Last edited by Keyser; Oct 3, 2018 at 4:28 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
QR flights show up via Cathay's online search engine. Their taxes are what you would pay on BA for QR flights. If you want four seats then this will probably be your best bet. Try and get one of the new Qsuites which operate on various US routes now.

Virgin will charge you around 40k YQ return but their miles are usually quite low. Think it's around 170k return. DL is around 200+?
thanks....will look at cathay....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also DL is restarting India services from 2019... not sure if they've announced dates and schedule though.
i believe they are starting non stop to bom sometime in the middle of next year....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vikasr
Some good transfer options from Citibank cards for India - US are:
1. CX - CX flights have low YQ. You will have to check the YQ on other partners but I think they will all be similar.
2. VS - use to fly on NH. I think NH has low YQ.
3. TK - I think TK has the lowest miles required for India to US. Don't know which partners have low YQ but check TK, SQ, NH and OZ.
4. EY - check OZ and NH for YQ. You can also consider AA from NRT or ICN in this case.
thanks....will check out all these options....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
What city would you like to fly to? The difference between east/west coast can be pretty significant.
its actually going to be both....looking to either fly in to the east coast & fly out from the west coast, or vice versa....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
The SQ non-stops have 4 seats available on most dates from DEL-LAX/JFK, Business Saver awards that too. DEL-LAX is 98k miles one-way and JFK is 110k so you maybe a bit short on miles. No YQ though. They also have pretty competitive J fares on this route for purchase.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
The SQ non-stops have 4 seats available on most dates from DEL-LAX/JFK, Business Saver awards that too. DEL-LAX is 98k miles one-way and JFK is 110k so you maybe a bit short on miles. No YQ though. They also have pretty competitive J fares on this route for purchase.
thanks....i'm not opposed to buying one ticket & redeeming the other 3....that looks like a good option....
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i need 4 seats at the end of the day but i would settle for as many as i can get if all 4 are not available....

have been using ua for a while to check availability....there are tons of dates & routes where 3 seats are available on ac & tk....the problem i am facing is with the 4th seat....there is lots of availability from pek or ist to the u.s. but nothing from del or bom to either pek or ist....
You mean CA not AC. I’d avoid generally avoid CA in J... they’re far from the best.

I wouldn’t count on UA for seat availability. They often show ghost availability. ExpertFlyer is much better for that. Besides *A awards are released to different partners differently.

I think they 4 J tickets you’re asking for is quite a tough ask. Even in PE it’s a tough ask. However if you can say snag 2-3 confirmed tickets through SQ (on SQ) and waitlist the 3rd/4th... you can call SQ and ask them to send chasers to revenue management to release the remaining seats for you. There is a good probability that SQ RM would oblige.

Also, SQ allows you to backtrack from BOM (and probably DEL too) to SIN to take the SIN-FRA-JFK flight and also gets you to LAX & SFO. They have a ~5-6 INR pp fee so it’s super cheap and of course they’re amongst the best J service in the world. I don’t think I need to sell SQ.... but I really like them!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 2, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean CA not AC. I’d avoid generally avoid CA in J... they’re far from the best.

I wouldn’t count on UA for seat availability. They often show ghost availability. ExpertFlyer is much better for that. Besides *A awards are released to different partners differently.

I think they 4 J tickets you’re asking for is quite a tough ask. Even in PE it’s a tough ask. However if you can say snag 2-3 confirmed tickets through SQ (on SQ) and waitlist the 3rd/4th... you can call SQ and ask them to send chasers to revenue management to release the remaining seats for you. There is a good probability that SQ RM would oblige.

Also, SQ allows you to backtrack from BOM (and probably DEL too) to SIN to take the SIN-FRA-JFK flight and also gets you to LAX & SFO. They have a ~5-6 INR pp fee so it’s super cheap and of course they’re amongst the best J service in the world. I don’t think I need to sell SQ.... but I really like them!
sorry, i meant ca....like i said, i am getting 3 seats on my preferred travel dates but not the 4th one....

on sq i am getting all 4 but i run a little short on miles so i may end up redeeming 3 seats & purchasing the 4th....
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
sorry, i meant ca....like i said, i am getting 3 seats on my preferred travel dates but not the 4th one....

on sq i am getting all 4 but i run a little short on miles so i may end up redeeming 3 seats & purchasing the 4th....
SQ do allow you to purchase miles as long as you already have more than 50% of the miles required for the total redemption. If you are short just by a few thousand miles, it might be worth to spend 5 mins to do the math and see what comes out ahead, buying the remaining miles or paying outright cash for 4th ticket...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deovrat
SQ do allow you to purchase miles as long as you already have more than 50% of the miles required for the total redemption. If you are short just by a few thousand miles, it might be worth to spend 5 mins to do the math and see what comes out ahead, buying the remaining miles or paying outright cash for 4th ticket...
i'll end up being 200k short so it won't make sense to buy that many....the one ticket i purchase also helps me maintain star gold status so i'm in favour of doing that....
deovrat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.