Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I am quite sure they been on the list for ages.
TK was just put in a month or two ago - according to a recent conversation with an agent I had...

Now, how to figure out the TK program!!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
TK was just put in a month or two ago - according to a recent conversation with an agent I had...

Now, how to figure out the TK program!!
I saw TK in April and "looked into" the program. High taxes but some great value redemptions. Oh and don't even bother trying to book partner seats unless you have the patience of a saint.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I saw TK in April and "looked into" the program. High taxes but some great value redemptions.
Interesting - usually the sectors I would have to fly on TK would involve an overnight either outbound or return from BOM...

Oh and don't even bother trying to book partner seats unless you have the patience of a saint.
OMG - you tried?

This is probably what I would have been interested in doing, but I guess it's going to be a major hassle - like Jet Airways!!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Interesting - usually the sectors I would have to fly on TK would involve an overnight either outbound or return from BOM...

OMG - you tried?

This is probably what I would have been interested in doing, but I guess it's going to be a major hassle - like Jet Airways!!
Yeah tried and gave up. You can't book online and need to go and book it from a local ticketing office which is 3hrs drive for me.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
TK - pretty decent airlines + spectacular lounge in IST. So if you can snag BOM - US J tickets - it's great value @ 105k miles. BOM - EU @ 60k, even inter US is 25k miles for a round trip!

The bad thing - high YQ & booking tickets is a huge pain. I've never figured out how they manage to charge YQ on UA!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I have 56k Prestige Points, which would be best airline for booking flights on points?

I have BA axios membership but their reward availability and cost seems to have become worse lately.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kumarshah
I have 56k Prestige Points, which would be best airline for booking flights on points?

I have BA axios membership but their reward availability and cost seems to have become worse lately.
Best airline depends on where you want to go. Identify destination(s) you want to travel to and then look at airlines and award availability on your planned dates.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Aug 1, 2018 at 9:28 am
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:09 am

I see no further value on my Citi PM card, its the Mastercard version.
1. I have about 200k+ points on it, is there any bonus transfer in effect now?
2. I would prefer 9W, BA or an american program, what are the suggestions from the group. Travel is domestic or US.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it had been a while since i last looked at the list of partners the citi prestige card has....there seems to be some change in the airline partners while most of the hotel partners have been dropped....

i've redeemed some points from my card recently & am now left with around 150k points which would translate into 600k miles....i'm looking to use these to book 4 business class tickets between india - u.s. for next summer....since delta is no longer a partner & ai seems to have no business class availability for 1 passenger, let alone 4, i'm a little lost in terms of the other frequent flyer programs....i'm not a member of any of them baring 9w (which no longer flies to the u.s.)....would anyone here be able to recommend one of these in terms of business class availability & yq????
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
it had been a while since i last looked at the list of partners the citi prestige card has....there seems to be some change in the airline partners while most of the hotel partners have been dropped....

i've redeemed some points from my card recently & am now left with around 150k points which would translate into 600k miles....i'm looking to use these to book 4 business class tickets between india - u.s. for next summer....since delta is no longer a partner & ai seems to have no business class availability for 1 passenger, let alone 4, i'm a little lost in terms of the other frequent flyer programs....i'm not a member of any of them baring 9w (which no longer flies to the u.s.)....would anyone here be able to recommend one of these in terms of business class availability & yq????
Cathay? You should be able to get 4 seats on QR through them.
Virgin allocate 4 seats on flights too. Or transfer over to SQ and use their partner award chart for Lufthansa/Swiss?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Cathay? You should be able to get 4 seats on QR through them.
how easy is it to use their miles to book on qr????can it be done online or to i have to email/fax/call to get it done????also, what is the yq like????

Virgin allocate 4 seats on flights too. Or transfer over to SQ and use their partner award chart for Lufthansa/Swiss?
doesn't virgin have ridiculous yq on their redemptions????again, how easy is it to use sq to book partner awards & do they charge yq????
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Or maybe try and book the new SQ non-stops?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
doesn't virgin have ridiculous yq on their redemptions????again, how easy is it to use sq to book partner awards & do they charge yq????
VS does have high-ish YQ but still less than BA across the board, your other option SQ is not that forgiving in terms of YQ it is generally lower than VS but not by a huge margin but you'd be hard pressed to find 4 J seats is SQ but I haven't looked since the new nonstop route so YMMV
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:33 pm

4 J awards! Now that’s a big ask! Also, I think the average mileage requirement is ~200k miles for J saver award returns... so you’re probably a few miles short.

The best way to do is to probably split it into 2 flights. Based on Citi’s partners I think BR (probably low YQ) and SQ (0 YQ on SQ, low on *A) will be your best bets.

I’m not sure about YQ on QF. I think it’s quite low on CX. I think most of the others have YQ. VS certainly has heavy YQ.

Availability will depend on dates. For *A availability you can always search on the UA, AC and NH. You can seach on UA without signing up for their MP FFP and it’s generally fairly accurate.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 1, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how easy is it to use their miles to book on qr????can it be done online or to i have to email/fax/call to get it done????also, what is the yq like????

QR flights show up via Cathay's online search engine. Their taxes are what you would pay on BA for QR flights. If you want four seats then this will probably be your best bet. Try and get one of the new Qsuites which operate on various US routes now.

Virgin will charge you around 40k YQ return but their miles are usually quite low. Think it's around 170k return. DL is around 200+?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.