Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GO AIR gift GOES UP IN SMOKE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 am
Original Poster

GO AIR gift GOES UP IN SMOKE

My first flight with GoAir from Pune to Kolkata today was running half an hour late. But I felt positively elated when I won a REEBOK sun glass (worth Rs 4999) in their in flight bonanza of a scratch card variety.

I should not have - because when it came to redeeming the gift, the stewardess came back with a scruffy looking thing of a completely unknown denomination. It certainly had a long suffering appearance.

I WAS disappointed, to say the least. The stewardess did give me back the service charge I had paid without demur. Nevertheless, I definitely had the impression that they were most unwilling to part with my 'winning' scratch card.

Illogical, pointless - I admit, but I was feeling attached to that one and only one lucky draw that I ever made.Two reminders resulted no business. I had to walk up to the galley and buttonhole one of the steward to get it back. Were they too busy? Maybe, maybe not.

Happens, insignificant, I hadn't really bought the sun glass. Or is it not really so? Isn't it really about keeping a promise?

GoAir definitely wasn't sincere about keeping it's promise on the gift. It didn't keep its promise on timeliness. I wanted to have a word with their customer service at Kolkata airport. I didn't find a sign of it. Not much on that front either.

Is Go Air as sincere as this with their promise on passenger safety? Isn't keeping a promise a culture of an organization?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT, suman1006!

I am moving the post to the Budget Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by suman1006
I should not have - because when it came to redeeming the gift, the stewardess came back with a scruffy looking thing of a completely unknown denomination. It certainly had a long suffering appearance.
So someone switched an original pair of sunglasses that you won for some used, no-name ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.