FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   AI mileage on other Star Flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1613411-ai-mileage-other-star-flights.html)

CCU_Flyer Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm

AI mileage on other Star Flights

I am looking at some flights from CCU on Thai and SQ. The booking classes on their respective FFP is 25% and 50% respectively, however AI shows accrual at 100% for these fare classes. Anyone has some experience of accruing AI miles on these carriers? Advice appreciated?

cheers

giantdwarf Sep 17, 2014 5:42 am

No experience accruing AI flights on Thai or SQ, but I've been accruing my AI flights (both domestic and international) on Aeroplan recently. These range from earning 25% to 50% accrual.

Takes about a week to show up on my Aeroplan account.

mrahul Sep 17, 2014 8:00 am

Any one has any idea how long it takes for Lufthansa flights to credit miles to AI flying returns?

mrahul Sep 18, 2014 4:06 pm

to update, it posted 2 days after the flight. pretty impressive!

sharmaintl Sep 20, 2014 10:29 am

I flew from DED - DEL - HYD recently. The DED-DEL leg was on Allegiant Air, AI's regional avatar. I earned the miles on UA Mileage+. The DEL-HYD leg that was on native AI showed up in a couple of days. The DED-DEL leg never did. Is Allegiant Air not included in the *A mileage accrual?

ashishp Sep 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by sharmaintl (Post 23555551)
I flew from DED - DEL - HYD recently. The DED-DEL leg was on Allegiant Air, AI's regional avatar. I earned the miles on UA Mileage+. The DEL-HYD leg that was on native AI showed up in a couple of days. The DED-DEL leg never did. Is Allegiant Air not included in the *A mileage accrual?

Its ALLIANCE AIR - renamed in 2011 or so to Air India Regional. Technically a separate airline with AI code-shares!

hserus Sep 23, 2014 4:47 am

And codeshares that are on non *A metal don't count towards *A mileage

Keyser Sep 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by mrahul (Post 23547843)
to update, it posted 2 days after the flight. pretty impressive!

its really hit & miss with ai....there have been times with ai when the miles post immediately....as in on the same day as your flight....then there are times when they take over 6 weeks to post miles....

sharmaintl Sep 27, 2014 10:33 am

Issues with FF #

Don't know if this was a one-off. I booked flights on AI for my whole family - myself, wife and 2 kids. Only 2 of the pax FF miles posted on UA. When I went back to the UA site to claim the missing miles for wife and daughter I noticed on the BPs that the FF #s were entered in correctly but the FF program said IC (code for old Indian Airlines, probably used for the AI FF program now), instead of UA. Once I put in the missing miles request, they posted within a week.

Somewhere the FF program got entered wrongly. I remember that the check-in agent at DDE airport asked for our FF #s and was manually updating them. When I asked him why (I had entered at booking time), he said there was an error. Don't know if was trying to fix a system created error or he was the one who messed it up somehow. Either ways, something to watch out for...