Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

how early can you check in on Jet Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

i am planning to fly out at 5pm, but i was wondering if i could check in for my flight at 10am, leave my bags and then leave the airport for a few hours.

is this possible.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Not a chance at all at an Indian airport..!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dc9703
i am planning to fly out at 5pm, but i was wondering if i could check in for my flight at 10am, leave my bags and then leave the airport for a few hours.

is this possible.
you won't be allowed inside the airport 7 hours before your flight....
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:28 am

is this possible.
Depends a lot on where you are flying from .. I have had varied experiences. If the airport is big you have a better chance of getting in (also depends on the nature / mood of the security at the gates).

Once from HYD I entered the airport 6 hours before the flight (12 pm, left at 2 "JET"). So I entered at 6 am, checked in at 7:30 or so. Then rested in the lounge.

It is situational IMHO
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

is this possible.
Indian airports do not allow one to leave after check in. Depending on the airport one can use left luggage facility rather than check in.

I believe both air India and Jet do have city check in at various metros and also metro check in at Delhi, never used it so cannot comment on timing and facilities, but maybe an option.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
I believe both air India and Jet do have city check in at various metros and also metro check in at Delhi, never used it so cannot comment on timing and facilities, but maybe an option.
9W only issues boarding passes in metros, the luggage checkin at the DEL AE Metro station takes luggage:

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Prod...InOptions.aspx
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks for the feedback. i was planning to do this in Kochin, so i don't think this will be possible. Not a big deal, a little less convenient, but oh well.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:54 pm

Thanks for the feedback. i was planning to do this in Kochin, so i don't think this will be possible. Not a big deal, a little less convenient, but oh well.
If you have a connecting flight from earlier sector , they will give you boarding passes well early.

I have got boarding passes even 1 day before my return travel. Once you have the boarding pass you can pass security with ease saying it is because you have a connecting flight and you got nothing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.