Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chat with Jet Airways Team

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Chat with Jet Airways Team

I flew Jet Airways on 23 May 2014 from DEL-BOM on 9W 362 evening service.
On my flight was Aamir Khan after his meeting with Narendra Modi, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Jet Privilege Program HOD X (can't remember the name) and a 9W management staff.

Had a chat with both the 9W management staff.

I was told that Jet was in need of money badly and needed money from someone and Etihad was ready. Jet has used this money to pay off all its huge debts immediately and left with very less money or nothing. Now Etihad has a say in the way Jet Airways will run and also in choosing the CEO.

As a partner airline, Etihad will get more passengers from different cities in India to all its destinations via Abu Dabhi so will Jet. But Etihad will make more money out of it as it will fly the passengers to farther destinations and Jet mostly Indian destinations and a few to other Far East destinations.

A strategic partnership with Etihad rules out Jet Airways not being part of any global alliance as with Emirates and Etihad. This is the reason that Jet has many partner airlines from different alliances, for a stronger presence.

Also the Jet Privilege program will now be a separate entity like the way Etihad runs its Etihad Guest. Both the FFP's will be run under the same lines.

Also be geared up for changes in the Jet Privilege program in a couple of months or maybe a year.

FAA has downgraded India as a country, so no carrier is allowed to start operations to new routes.

This is the reason that neither Jet nor AI are operating new routes to USA.

The gulf carriers are EK, QR and EY are up in the list which why these carriers start new routes every year.

Jet has leased most of its wide body jets because it has no new routes where it can operate them profitably.

Jet is going to lease the 777 from TK to EY soon after the lease ends in a few months.Most of Jet's aircraft's are leased and bought back.

If Jet does't make profits we might see Etihad increasing its stake as it has done with Alitalia.

Jet hasn't yet fully integrated with Air Sahara.

The JetKonnect flights are fully run by Sahara pilots and crew whereas Jet Airways flights are fully run by Jet pilots and crew. They never fly the others aircraft.

Once they integrate the seniority is the key factor for getting the hierarchy in order.

Jet Airways employees have a union and Air Sahara doesn't.

Air Sahara pilot's and crew want the seniority as per their date of joining Sahara but Jet's union want them to start from scratch from the lower level.

Also Jet and Sahara have different operating licenses as issued by DGCA.

This is the reason why the integration hasn't completed.

All this news is as told to me by the Jet Airways management staff.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by pilot14feb
Also be geared up for changes in the Jet Privilege program in a couple of months or maybe a year.
Eeeks.. Time to make the most of the JP Miles..!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Eeeks.. Time to make the most of the JP Miles..!
i am down to 31500 exact miles.
Since wifey moved to Bombay, 3 last minute one ways award tickets will take care of that. i am guessing 3 to 4 weeks and i will be done with the airline.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
all this is pretty much old news....its just sad that a once good airline is being run into the ground....i can't wait for the tata-sia airline to start later this year....
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:54 am

FLIGHT

I dont have sir name in my id ,how can i book my flight ticket
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:16 am

Angry Unable to Web check in

Hello Team,

i am unable to do the web check in.. it shows my search is incorrect... please let me know is there any issue in the website??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.