Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India confirmed into Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India confirmed into Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Keyser
its strange how they work....i only buy my tickets online on ai's website or at the airport counter....but i still end up with about 8-10 uncredited flights per year....sometimes they credit it within a day or two after i send the email & sometimes it takes a month....
So, I called up again on the FFP contact center, and asked them how do i register a complain, as repeated emails are not be reverted on. The agent asked me my details i.e. Name and date on which last email was sent and promised to forward the same to the team who looks into crediting partner flights. I finished the call assuming that nothing would happen again, but by the next day got an email from the team crediting the miles.

I guess better late than never....
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
So, I called up again on the FFP contact center, and asked them how do i register a complain, as repeated emails are not be reverted on. The agent asked me my details i.e. Name and date on which last email was sent and promised to forward the same to the team who looks into crediting partner flights. I finished the call assuming that nothing would happen again, but by the next day got an email from the team crediting the miles.

I guess better late than never....
i hate the fact that you have to pester them repeatedly to get the miles....i got the miles credit today as well but it took over 3 weeks, 1 phone call & 4 emails to get it....
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Any experience with AI's free luggage allowance for Star Golds on domestic flights in business class? How about AI's free luggage allowance for Star Golds on domestic flights in cheap economy class tickets?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Question: I am scheduled to fly CCU-DEL on AI (Y), then DEL-SIN-CGK on SQ (F). These are two separate tickets booked through their respective airlines, but travel is on the same day.

Will AI interline my luggage to SQ so that I don't have to re-check it in DEL? I have a 10-hour layover at DEL, unfortunately, and don't want to be dragging my luggage around with me. Even if it is possible, I'm not sure I trust CCU personnel to do it correctly...

Any insights are appreciated!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:38 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by zcat18
Question: I am scheduled to fly CCU-DEL on AI (Y), then DEL-SIN-CGK on SQ (F). These are two separate tickets booked through their respective airlines, but travel is on the same day.

Will AI interline my luggage to SQ so that I don't have to re-check it in DEL? I have a 10-hour layover at DEL, unfortunately, and don't want to be dragging my luggage around with me. Even if it is possible, I'm not sure I trust CCU personnel to do it correctly...

Unfortunately, since they are not on the same itinerary, AI will be reluctant to interline them.. not sure if they even have that capability on their system..
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

Even if AI had the capability my experience with CCU staff has been the worst so I would not expect them to go out of their way to tag the bags assuming they should be able to. ( No personal experience) You may be lucky if you get a good agent though.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Unfortunately, since they are not on the same itinerary, AI will be reluctant to interline them.. not sure if they even have that capability on their system..
Even if AI had the capability my experience with CCU staff has been the worst so I would not expect them to go out of their way to tag the bags assuming they should be able to. ( No personal experience) You may be lucky if you get a good agent though.
Thank you both! My sense based on my prior experience with Indian bureaucracy of any kind (corporate, government, etc.) is that it won't be possible to get them that far outside the box of normal operations, but thought I'd ask, just in case. Thanks again.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
AI can interline onto SQ and the other Star Alliance partners, but that doesn't mean AI rep will necessarily have the knowledge and/or willingness to do so. Count on the rep being less than willing and/or capable and you'll be less likely to be surprised in a negative way.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:37 pm

I have had bad experiences interlining.. Never do it unless in the same PNR.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:40 pm

Air India Domestic Sector *G Experience

I am at the Mumbai Domestic airport right now for my first trip since AI joined Star. I arrived and saw the signage immediately for the *A Gold Check-in. There was a staff agent there with what appeared to be a list of the day's Priority Checkins.. I went right to the desk.

The agent checked me in, ignored my 5kg overweight bag, gave me a bulkhead aisle without asking, and gave me a lounge invitation card. My boarding pass correctly reflects UA *G. I'm impressed.

I flew Air China recently and their system couldn't even get that info after how many years in *A? They had to keep calling to verify.

I'm in the lounge now. It's landslide and pretty low quality. The Priority Pass lounge after security is a bit better. But still...lounge card on a domestic sector is great! Let's see if this is AI policy or just the check-in agent making a mistake.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you both! My sense based on my prior experience with Indian bureaucracy of any kind (corporate, government, etc.) is that it won't be possible to get them that far outside the box of normal operations, but thought I'd ask, just in case. Thanks again.
AI can and will interline if willing In June I encountered AI staff in CCU both on the domestic and international side (CCU-DEL can be either depending on the time of day) that are well versed with the system and can check luggage thru.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
AI can interline onto SQ and the other Star Alliance partners, but that doesn't mean AI rep will necessarily have the knowledge and/or willingness to do so. Count on the rep being less than willing and/or capable and you'll be less likely to be surprised in a negative way.
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
I have had bad experiences interlining.. Never do it unless in the same PNR.
Originally Posted by Oliver2002
AI can and will interline if willing In June I encountered AI staff in CCU both on the domestic and international side (CCU-DEL can be either depending on the time of day) that are well versed with the system and can check luggage thru.
Hmm--good food for thought. Sounds like a calculated risk, assuming I find an agent who is savvy enough to know the interlining procedure. Probably not worth it in the final analysis, since this is a work trip, but I'll make it a game time decision.

Ideally, I'd just be able to grab my luggage in DEL, then head right to SQ check-in to drop it off and grab my onward boarding passes. However, since DEL is an outstation, I doubt that SQ ticket counters will be manned 9 hours prior to boarding (there are no SQ flights out of DEL between the 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. SIN departures).
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Plus the security won't let you go upstairs to the SQ checkin desks more than 4h before departure @:-)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Plus the security won't let you go upstairs to the SQ checkin desks more than 4h before departure @:-)
Hmmm...alright, then. Seems like there are no great options. I'll ask about interlining in CCU, and if no dice, I'll try to make some sort of arrangement so that I'm not stuck sitting around domestic baggage claim with my luggage for six hours, lol. Thanks again.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by emstone
I am at the Mumbai Domestic airport right now for my first trip since AI joined Star. I arrived and saw the signage immediately for the *A Gold Check-in. There was a staff agent there with what appeared to be a list of the day's Priority Checkins.. I went right to the desk.

The agent checked me in, ignored my 5kg overweight bag, gave me a bulkhead aisle without asking, and gave me a lounge invitation card. My boarding pass correctly reflects UA *G. I'm impressed.

I flew Air China recently and their system couldn't even get that info after how many years in *A? They had to keep calling to verify.

I'm in the lounge now. It's landslide and pretty low quality. The Priority Pass lounge after security is a bit better. But still...lounge card on a domestic sector is great! Let's see if this is AI policy or just the check-in agent making a mistake.
A3*G flying domestic AI flight from DEL got lounge passes for two and extra baggage allowance without issue. On another domestic sector out of DEL, AI upgraded A3*G to the forward cabin along with other party on same reservation. So far, so good.

The Star Gold baggage benefit has been changed and is now only technically required of Star carriers when the ticketed PNR has at least two Star Alliance carries on it. For this reason, it may make sense to have an AI frequent flyer program number even if you don't want to credit flights to the AI program. AI entry-level status comes with free extra baggage allowance on AI flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.