Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India confirmed into Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India confirmed into Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH
I am trying to get EWR-LHR-BLR-EWR for the first week of August. I haven't flown AI for more than 15 years. Any suggestions on how Air India is currently? The fares do not seem to be competitive. They are 5%-10% more than UA, 9W or LH.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by acader
I am trying to get EWR-LHR-BLR-EWR for the first week of August. I haven't flown AI for more than 15 years. Any suggestions on how Air India is currently? The fares do not seem to be competitive. They are 5%-10% more than UA, 9W or LH.
The B777's have replaced the B747's on the Long-Haul routes now. Also, there's the BOM-EWR-BOM (AI191/AI144) direct flight that's nicely scheduled with the BLR flight in both directions.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
On a side note.. I have been trying to get a miles from a codeshare flight on swiss to be credited to my account for the last one month, and have been unable to do so. There is no reply to my emails anymore... i am not sure how to proceed further as their site has no escalation matrix and call center has not been much of help.

Not sure AI is geared for star... still hoping it does get in...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
On a side note.. I have been trying to get a miles from a codeshare flight on swiss to be credited to my account for the last one month, and have been unable to do so. There is no reply to my emails anymore... i am not sure how to proceed further as their site has no escalation matrix and call center has not been much of help.

Not sure AI is geared for star... still hoping it does get in...
same problem with an ai flight i took last month....miles have still not credited & everytime i send an email i get a reply back saying that they are checking with the relevant team & will get back to me....i wonder how long it takes to check with the 'relevant team'....
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:00 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
i have had a website issue for about 2 months now and i don't know who to go to. on the website, when i try looking for mileage redemption tickets via the flyingreturns.co.in engine, i get thrown over to the regular web booking engine for revenue tickets. does someone know where should i escalate?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
same problem with an ai flight i took last month....miles have still not credited & everytime i send an email i get a reply back saying that they are checking with the relevant team & will get back to me....i wonder how long it takes to check with the 'relevant team'....
My last 4 emails have not been responded on also.. I am not sure if it is being looked into also
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ICLP does FR for AI: http://www.iclployalty.com/newsroom/...er,-india.aspx

I would perhaps try that route.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
i have had a website issue for about 2 months now and i don't know who to go to. on the website, when i try looking for mileage redemption tickets via the flyingreturns.co.in engine, i get thrown over to the regular web booking engine for revenue tickets. does someone know where should i escalate?
have you tried logging in from the airindia.in page & then booking the redemption ticket????

just made a booking 10 minutes ago....
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:48 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
have you tried logging in from the airindia.in page & then booking the redemption ticket????

just made a booking 10 minutes ago....
i have tried logging in from there as well. no dice
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
ICLP does FR for AI: http://www.iclployalty.com/newsroom/...er,-india.aspx

I would perhaps try that route.
Sending mail to [email protected] works quite well - there is a professional and responsive team reading that address.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by A2A
i have tried logging in from there as well. no dice
Try logging in here - maybe use a different browser, or clear the cookies from your current browser.

https://ffai.loyaltyplus.aero/loyalty/home.seam
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hserus
Sending mail to [email protected] works quite well - there is a professional and responsive team reading that address.
that's the team that's been telling me since last month that they are checking with the 'relevant team' in order to credit the missing miles in my account....
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:08 am

that's the team that's been telling me since last month that they are checking with the 'relevant team' in order to credit the missing miles in my account....
I don't know .. the last few times I contacted them (uncredited segments from AI flights booked on the AI website, not through a TA or portal), they credited miles within a day or two of my emailing them.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:10 am

Quote:

I don't know .. the last few times I contacted them (uncredited segments from AI flights booked on the AI website, not through a TA or portal), they credited miles within a day or two of my emailing them.
I believe they are more efficient with crediting AI segments. My ticket was part codeshare and part AI direct. No flight was credited on its own however after an email the AI flight got credited immidiately and over a month for the codeshare but no response.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

its strange how they work....i only buy my tickets online on ai's website or at the airport counter....but i still end up with about 8-10 uncredited flights per year....sometimes they credit it within a day or two after i send the email & sometimes it takes a month....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.